Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Why was Carl holding his pistol like he was gonna shoot somebody when he heard the knock on the door...did he reload and I missed it??

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    As long as they have ninja girl they will be fine! I thought it was a good show. I though Rick was dead at the end. I thought Carl was going to shoot him.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I understand that in the beginning of a TEOTWAWKI situation people are going to make ignorant mistakes. I know I would.

HOWEVER, this is several years into the event. Everyone knows the cavalry is not coming to save the day. You can always be outgunned no matter what you have! The future is no longer a dependable thing.

So why on earth did they not have a fall back location??? Someplace to regroup if anything bad should happen at the prison. It isn't like they haven't faced this before! It was exactly the same thing as what happened at Hershel's farm! They have been through this. The first time when everyone was split up from Andrea it was potentially understandable. The second time...?:dunno:

The Carl situation is a bit more understandable. Not only is he going through the early teenager "I know the world" phase, but he is placing unrealistic goals on his father that couldn't be met by Superman.

The Michonne background laid very little information on the table, but it was much more than we had. We need to see more about the two (2) dudes that wound up being chopped up, dejawed and put on leashes when we first met her. If you remember in her talk at the dinner table with Milton he noticed right off that she "knew them." I am guessing the guys in the dream scene eventually were turned into her zombie puppies.

The scene I had a problem with was the little BBQ shack with Big Mike. Please tell me what location on a main or secondary road wouldn't have been search a thousand times before Rick & Carl ever arrived? That would be like going down Hwy 27 and finding a rest stop with food in it. Really??? No way in my mind. Random houses are another story but nothing on a main road.

On a behind the scenes view it would seem that Chandler Riggs (Carl) is physically maturing pretty fast. I don't know how much time they are wanting to portray but his apparent growth spurt could cause some believability issues. Maybe that is just me though. Or maybe that is what they are wanting to portray?

Overall I have a weak spot for post holocaust shows and it is still going good with me.

Regards,

Doug

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Doug - all good points. I think they did have a fall-back plan of sorts, that's what the bus was for. Everything happened quickly - it shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was. I think the rest of this season will be everyone getting over the shock, getting healed up from the remainder of the flu-bug and the battle, and finding each other. We may well find out there was an emergency rendesvous point...dunno...there should have been if there wasn't.

Maybe now they'll wise up and head for a physically challenging place that no one wants so they can be left alone to build a community - a very small one. The Canadian Rockies would be a good place. Find an outfitter's location on the way, load up on survival information, traps, tools, warm clothing and betting, livestock, prepare for wilderness living and get to it. But then, that wouldn't make for very interesting television.

Bet Michone has Carl's shoe too. That's probably what Rick meant by "it's for you".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some of the things mentioned are the reason I have issue watching this series. I did catch up during the Marathon as the weather kept us inside.
    The lack of tactical awareness and planning sets my hair on fire. It is just so obvious you can see ahead in the plot.
    Doug stated some of the glaring miscues as they are to wrapped up in the drama.
    Yeah, life is drama but if a group is in the **** there would be little time for it (drama)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Some of the things mentioned are the reason I have issue watching this series. I did catch up during the Marathon as the weather kept us inside.
    The lack of tactical awareness and planning sets my hair on fire. It is just so obvious you can see ahead in the plot.
    Doug stated some of the glaring miscues as they are to wrapped up in the drama.
    Yeah, life is drama but if a group is in the **** there would be little time for it (drama)

Rgr that! To that end, Gov would have been put down before he got three words out of his mouth, and none of that would have been a surprise. Michone and Daryl would have seen a tank coming way in advance, the bus would already be gassed and ready to move and everyone would be in battle mode - some sort of a plan - any plan - is better than "what do we do now".

That flash back to Rick and Carl attempting to secure the breach in the fence, Rick is giving Carl quick instruction on the proper use of an M4 (should have already happened by the way) and he called the charging handle "the operation lever"...makes me twitch. He's a trained police officer. He knows what the parts of an M4 are called. TWD seriously needs a weapons advisor. One more before my rant is over - the "Rick droop" - is really starting to get on my nerves. You can't see anything but your wrist that way and it's not "cool" looking, just looks stupid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rgr that! To that end, Gov would have been put down before he got three words out of his mouth, and none of that would have been a surprise. Michone and Daryl would have seen a tank coming way in advance, the bus would already be gassed and ready to move and everyone would be in battle mode - some sort of a plan - any plan - is better than "what do we do now".

That flash back to Rick and Carl attempting to secure the breach in the fence, Rick is giving Carl quick instruction on the proper use of an M4 (should have already happened by the way) and he called the charging handle "the operation lever"...makes me twitch. He's a trained police officer. He knows what the parts of an M4 are called. TWD seriously needs a weapons advisor. One more before my rant is over - the "Rick droop" - is really starting to get on my nerves. You can't see anything but your wrist that way and it's not "cool" looking, just looks stupid.

Yup^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am not really knocking the show as it is one of the better ones I have seen but really.....With all the military hardware that would be on or around Nat. Guard posts ( I know where several are in the state and they are not hard to find) I would have hardened the prison ASAP. The Gov. and his group found a Tank.
    It just hits me those folks remain clueless.
    Yes, The Gov. would have stopped breathing quickly.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I'm sure their fall back plan never considered dealing with hostages. The group would never have left without Herschel or Michonne so I think they were all in a state of shock and confusion. When that happens, the best laid plans go to hell.

Ya the Python seems to heavy for Rick....can't stand the "Rick droop" either...yes they need a better weapons adviser.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm sure their fall back plan never considered dealing with hostages. The group would never have left without Herschel or Michonne so I think they were all in a state of shock and confusion. When that happens, the best laid plans go to hell.

Ya the Python seems to heavy for Rick....can't stand the "Rick droop" either...yes they need a better weapons adviser.

I don't know...in a end-of-the-world situation I think it would only amplify the "no deals for hostages" position. The gov made a glaring error by showing himself so close and so open. If I were leading the group he'd been dead the instant he was an easy target. A small tactical group of volunteers could stay and try to free the hostages, but the main group of non-combatants would already be gone and remaining fighters would already be in battle mode and fighting. That tank would never have reached the prison. An old fashioned sticky bomb - ala WWII - would have done the trick. Daryl could have pulled that off easily.

I love the show, I'm just saying I'd be doing things differently if I were King Rick. That's part of the fun of the show - second guessing the decisions they make and pointing out how much better I would be at it. (purple intended).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know...in a end-of-the-world situation I think it would only amplify the "no deals for hostages" position. The gov made a glaring error by showing himself so close and so open. If I were leading the group he'd been dead the instant he was an easy target. A small tactical group of volunteers could stay and try to free the hostages, but the main group of non-combatants would already be gone and remaining fighters would already be in battle mode and fighting. That tank would never have reached the prison. An old fashioned sticky bomb - ala WWII - would have done the trick. Daryl could have pulled that off easily.

I love the show, I'm just saying I'd be doing things differently if I were King Rick. That's part of the fun of the show - second guessing the decisions they make and pointing out how much better I would be at it. (purple intended).

Yes, arm chair Sargent for sure.
    Seriously though, harden your compound. Humans are far more treacherous than the walkers.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I enjoyed it myself, I was actually surprised to see as much of Michonne as we did! I think everyone has their own idea's on how they would operate in a SHTF scenario, like already posted it's fun to critique the show. I can't wait for next week!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom