Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think Rick would wait longer.
    Shane was just about out of danger.

Shane was, but Otis, who was uninjured was carrying the meds and lagging behind. If Otis gets caught by the walkers, it's a wasted trip. At least Shane said "I'm Sorry,"

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'll ask this question again. Do you think if Rick had gone, as originally planned, and he ended up injured like Shane (knowing that his son's survival depended on him getting those meds to him), would he have sacrificed himself (and never know what happened to his son and wife)?

Well either the writers haven't written anything quite like that yet or they always find another option for Rick.

As close as he came was when he considered turning Michonne over to the governor.

And remember.... we've seen other people in this story sacrifice THEMSELVES to save their team. I'm not saying most of us could do that, but it is what happens on the show. Shane told Otis to go ahead but he actually forced the issue in the other direction.

Shane was written to be Shane for a reason. Rick is being written to get close, but not quite Shane. If he does, he won't be the same compelling character in a struggle. He'd just be "all about me".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well either the writers haven't written anything quite like that yet or they always find another option for Rick.

As close as he came was when he considered turning Michonne over to the governor.

And remember.... we've seen other people in this story sacrifice THEMSELVES to save their team. I'm not saying most of us could do that, but it is what happens on the show. Shane told Otis to go ahead but he actually forced the issue in the other direction.

Shane was written to be Shane for a reason. Rick is being written to get close, but not quite Shane. If he does, he won't be the same compelling character in a struggle. He'd just be "all about me".

See, Shane keeps getting an undeserved bad rap.
    Things Shane has done that make him not as bad as you want to think:
    -killed the POS that shot Rick and put him in the hospital
    -zombie are taking over the hospital, and Shane goes to Ricks room and blocks the door, saving Ricks life.
    -Shane takes his partner's kid and wife under his wing (as an aside, I think it most probable that Lori started the relationship with Shane)
    -Shane beats up Carol's abusive husband, Ed
    -Shane, tries to move on, but Lori keeps whispering **** in his ear about Rick
    -Shane brings the group to realization by starting to kill the walkers in Hersh's barn
    -Shane couldn't bring himself to kill Rick... but Rick had no such problem

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    -zombie are taking over the hospital, and Shane goes to Ricks room and blocks the door, saving Ricks life.
    -Shane takes his partner's kid and wife under his wing (as an aside, I think it most probable that Lori started the relationship with Shane)
    -Shane brings the group to realization by starting to kill the walkers in Hersh's barn

I think you have a man-crush

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Shane wasn't pure evil. He coulda still done good for the group.
    But he was not really the best leader.

#TeamShane

:rolleyes:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    walking-dead-meme-ricktatorship.jpg

My man!!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I had a second viewing of the episode. Did you all notice what Rick was doing at the beginning? making a new hole in his belt. That, combined with the conversation about grain, makes me think the Alexandria food supplies are getting worrisome.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I had a second viewing of the episode. Did you all notice what Rick was doing at the beginning? making a new hole in his belt. That, combined with the conversation about grain, makes me think the Alexandria food supplies are getting worrisome.

And yet when they scored the packed box van, those two idiot decide rather than going home, to look for sodas in turned over vending machine.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Doesn't anyone think that we have a stupidity problem with Daryl and Rick on a mission? The find the perfect truck filled with goodies. The engine starts. Rather than head straight home, they go a different route for sightseeing. They leave the keys in the truck when they get out of it. Then they don't set the parking brake so it rolls into a lake...after they fail to adequately tie up Jesus.

I'm telling ya. Rick may have a good heart...and everyone likes Daryl....but they are useless in on a foraging mission.

I think they must have been raised outside of Lafayette.

Other famous Daryls......

5757ee8198097731c1f66e90aef5bd2f.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Doesn't anyone think that we have a stupidity problem with Daryl and Rick on a mission? The find the perfect truck filled with goodies. The engine starts. Rather than head straight home, they go a different route for sightseeing. They leave the keys in the truck when they get out of it. Then they don't set the parking brake so it rolls into a lake...after they fail to adequately tie up Jesus.

I'm telling ya. Rick may have a good heart...and everyone likes Daryl....but they are useless in on a foraging mission.

Other famous Daryls......

I'd have to watch it again.
    But, didn't the parking break not get set for a reason?

as for finding the truck, why return? They still had to look for more stuff.

And I thought they did not leave the keys in the truck. Jesus pick pocketed it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd have to watch it again.
    But, didn't the parking break not get set for a reason?

as for finding the truck, why return? They still had to look for more stuff.

And I thought they did not leave the keys in the truck. Jesus pick pocketed it.

They had just picked up a vehicle of questionable reliability, and they had to return anyways to pick up their Chrysler. Go home, get a pat on the back for a great score, go back out, pick up your car and keep foraging.

And yeah Jesus picked the keys off Rick.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They had just picked up a vehicle of questionable reliability, and they had to return anyways to pick up their Chrysler. Go home, get a pat on the back for a great score, go back out, pick up your car and keep foraging.

I wasn't sure. I thought that's what Daryl said.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Yup. He pickpocketed the keys when he ran into him. Classic pickpocket move right there.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

I was thinking the same thing...I would have taken that truck straight home. Instead...oh lets go see if we can F this up somehow, and even after the guy was on top of the car and rolled off, just gtfo of there and get home with that stuff...smh....oh and oreo :banana:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'll ask this question again. Do you think if Rick had gone, as originally planned, and he ended up injured like Shane (knowing that his son's survival depended on him getting those meds to him), would he have sacrificed himself (and never know what happened to his son and wife)?

I don't see Rick - in the same situation as Shane - shooting Otis (slowing him not killing him) - so that he can positively get away.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

I'll give you this, when he beat up Carol's husband, I came off the couch cheering. FINALLY!!! I was on team Shane at that moment. Wouldn't have bothered me if Shane accidentally beat him just a bit too hard. I'm a bad person.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I think the Daryl charachter is gonna die this season. I just read an article/interview from the guy who plays Rick's charachter that said he was physically ill after reading the scripts for this season...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom