• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My prediction (per comics): Glenn killed this season by a baseball bat to the head

Actually, I don't think it will go down that way. I think it will be Daryl or Morgan that fill that role. Lenny James (Morgan) plays in a lot of stuff, and Norman Reedus has seen a spike in his movie career in recent years. Steven Yuen (Glenn) has nothing comparatively. It makes sense to write off characters that have busier schedules, or may simply leave mid-production for a role in a blockbuster movie. Not to mention, with Maggie pregnant, and Glenn being killed off, it would almost relegate her to second tier character given that with a baby she couldn't be as active as the other core members.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I was thinking the same thing...I would have taken that truck straight home. Instead...oh lets go see if we can F this up somehow, and even after the guy was on top of the car and rolled off, just gtfo of there and get home with that stuff...smh....oh and oreo :banana:

I often wonder why they don't take 2 vehicles. IOW one drive the truck and one the car. Why leave yourself so screwed if a car breaks down? fuel savings I suppose in some cases but in that case they were going to use more fuel by making another trip back.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We shall see if anyone truly important (read: driving the ratings) dies.

While I would commend the producers and mourn the loss of my favorites on an intellectually honest level, I also trust that they are in the business to make money. That is what entertainment is all about.

My friends daughter simply stopped watching Babylon 5 when Susan Ivanova's character was removed. It wasn't worth it for her. That is true for many fans of a show. Killing a single character can have a profound impact on ratings, which impacts advertising dollars, which impacts whether the show is renewed. This will then give, whether we like it or not, the producers pause to killing a character that they believe drives ratings.

There is a group called Dixon's Vixens. They love Normans character. Who will they watch if Daryl is killed?

I am not saying no one will be killed, but killing a character on television that is supporting hundreds of jobs and bringing in millions of dollars is a LOT different than what is done in a comic book.

Regards,

Doug

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I get your point Doug but I think they are due to kill off a major character. That's one thing that has made this show different: that element of unpredictability.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    After Woodberry and Terminus I would radically alter how I approached new groups.

I think I'd just take folks inside and leave Carol outside to come save me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom