• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Happened to see this still on our DVR last night. So fast-forward to the end..... and definitely shot, brass, clatter of the gun falling.

Sigh.....

Also, does Rick's Python have an external safety? Andrea asked for the gun, and said "I know how to work the safety." Really? Finger off trigger = safe, finger on trigger = ready to fire.

I know, I know... it is a movie about zombies. But, they can at least pretend!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Happened to see this still on our DVR last night. So fast-forward to the end..... and definitely shot, brass, clatter of the gun falling.

Sigh.....

Also, does Rick's Python have an external safety? Andrea asked for the gun, and said "I know how to work the safety." Really? Finger off trigger = safe, finger on trigger = ready to fire.

I know, I know... it is a movie about zombies. But, they can at least pretend!

"I know how to use the safety" refers back to when she and Rick first met she pulled a gun on him, but did not release the safety because she didn't know how yet. He taught her how to take the safety off her hand gun. Later, when she was waiting for her sister to reanimate she pulled the gun on him - he was only trying to help - and said "I know how to use the safety" meaning back the hell up and let me do what I want to do. This final time reaches back to both those references and kind of brings closure, humor, and a final farewell to a friend.

vanillagorilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    central Indy
    Lets face it, good show - bad gun adviser. How about getting anyone who knows guns. How can you shoot up an entire town with a full auto AK and not hit anything and where did they get a full auto AK anyway? Did the zombies confiscate the millions of M16, M4 and AR15's out there? Come on!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Lets face it, good show - bad gun adviser. How about getting anyone who knows guns. How can you shoot up an entire town with a full auto AK and not hit anything and where did they get a full auto AK anyway? Did the zombies confiscate the millions of M16, M4 and AR15's out there? Come on!

Hold on, need to adjust my tinfoil hat slightly....there.

I'm thinking all the fully autos came from armories - like the national guard - but more to the point, it may be this show feeds the misconception that gun owners have fully automatic rifles, not semi-autos...because they look the same to the novice. So, excuse number 947 - why guns should be outlawed - so in case of a zombie appocalypse, we won't have bands of gangs over powering the weak.

vanillagorilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    central Indy
    I would think ammo would eventually be a problem unless they come across a crazy old man that does nothing but reloads. Full auto is fun for the first few minutes then you realize what you did with 30, you could do with 1.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I would think ammo would eventually be a problem unless they come across a crazy old man that does nothing but reloads. Full auto is fun for the first few minutes then you realize what you did with 30, you could do with 1.

Ammo has been a problem on occasion. But there are billions of rounds out there, so it's not a big stretch to figure they can find it. But it will most likely become more of a problem as the show goes on.

vanillagorilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    central Indy
    Even if they don't have a lot of ammo what is to stop them from standing at the fence line every few hours and poking some brains out. Seems like it could be a daily thing; eat, poop, poke zombie brain thru the fence and repeat. Guess that show would suck.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Even if they don't have a lot of ammo what is to stop them from standing at the fence line every few hours and poking some brains out. Seems like it could be a daily thing; eat, poop, poke zombie brain thru the fence and repeat. Guess that show would suck.

Until you realize they'd have to actually go do something with all the bodies that stack up along the fenceline. I've smelled death, and I can say without a doubt it's not a pleasant smell. It lingers. It wafts.

Which brings up another thought: The smell should in fact be permeating that prison making everybody retch.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ammo has been a problem on occasion. But there are billions of rounds out there, so it's not a big stretch to figure they can find it. But it will most likely become more of a problem as the show goes on.
    Everytime they come across a military installation that was routed by zeds, they should be able to just police up all of the bodies dressed in camo and come up with months' worth.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Has anybody wondered why the walkers haven't decomposed into shambles, some seem to be worse than others but... I love the show and can't wait until October, just curious I guess. And yes Darryl is a BA. So was Merle but sadly no more.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Has anybody wondered why the walkers haven't decomposed into shambles, some seem to be worse than others but... I love the show and can't wait until October, just curious I guess. And yes Darryl is a BA. So was Merle but sadly no more.

Everyone turns into a walker when they die. Their world is constantly getting new walkers. It's not like you can just "wait it out" and walkers would just disappear. Some are worse than others because some have been walkers longer than others - they ARE decomposing.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Everyone turns into a walker when they die. Their world is constantly getting new walkers. It's not like you can just "wait it out" and walkers would just disappear. Some are worse than others because some have been walkers longer than others - they ARE decomposing.

This makes me wonder what the "end game" is for the show. Cure? Everyone dies? The show ends and you are left to assume everyone will eventually die and turn?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Until you realize they'd have to actually go do something with all the bodies that stack up along the fenceline. I've smelled death, and I can say without a doubt it's not a pleasant smell. It lingers. It wafts.

Which brings up another thought: The smell should in fact be permeating that prison making everybody retch.

aren't they already dead though? i imagine its already pretty bad smelling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom