• ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Feeling a litttle long of tooth.

My grandads house was located just east of the 16th and Tibbs corner about 3 houses east of the old Frieje's drug store. We played all through there when I was a much, much younger fella. They tore down the house to build the BP station. I was never scared in that area and still am not. I have some friends that live in the Rainbow ridges section. Do not get the idea it was never rough, we had our share of knuckle busters. I travel through there almost daily down the 16th st. corridor.
    If you go down towards the river it gets a bit sketchy.

Hey Mouse! Do you remember when the drug store was Wallman's (before the Friejes bought it)? They had a great soda fountain with a," dynomite", cherry phosphate! :) The garage behind the drugstore on the alley about where the back of the BP station sits now housed the sprint and champ dirt car operations of Johnny Rutherford,Ronnie Duman,Bill Vukovich Jr. and Gary Congdon back in the 60's. Congdon and Vuky rented the house and a whole gaggle of the drivers used to play poker there on Thursday nights. My friend John Coogan and I used to hang out over there when I wasn't busy stooging for Grant King.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Just for giggles....

Blue dots are a violent crime within the last 30 days. Total of 1356 reports.
    picture.php

The program won't return a month of data for ALL crime. Too large of a set. So, for TWO WEEKS we get 4837 total reports for all violent, property, and "other" crime. The image looks like:
    picture.php

Blue dots are violent, triangles are property, and stars are "other".

Starts to become pretty obvious where the BAD areas are, and the better.

See that east side "gap" just to the west of the I-70 symbol north of I-70? Yeah thats my work...Between Sherman and Emerson... I'm stranded daily until end of work. I carry no questions, none asked.

Top Bottom