• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Jail.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-arbery-case-georgia-father-and-son-arrested-charged-with-murder

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm sort of baffled why the local Prosecutors waited this long. To me it seems they knew they had to do something before the FEDs stepped in on a Federal Civil Rights case.

Which the FEDs still can proceed and it's not Double Jeopardy but we shall see

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Actually, a victory for dirtbags everywhere when people who should know better blame the victim.

Liberals cry about victim blaming. Conservatives are all about personal responsibility. Or did that change? Or only if the victim is a gun owner because gun owners are always right?

The thief is blamed for the theft. That doesn't change that leaving a firearm unsecured in an unlocked vehicle is setting yourself up to be missing a gun. Rights come with responsibilities, a foreign concept to the many these days. If that offends you, I don't care.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm sort of baffled why the local Prosecutors waited this long. To me it seems they knew they had to do something before the FEDs stepped in on a Federal Civil Rights case.

Which the FEDs still can proceed and it's not Double Jeopardy but we shall see

One of the involved parties used to work as an investigator in the DA's office so I think there was some juggling of looking for a neutral DA. Probably some politics involved as well.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    One of the involved parties used to work as an investigator in the DA's office so I think there was some juggling of looking for a neutral DA. Probably some politics involved as well.

I read that, but one would presume (I sort of did) in a case with insideer stuff there would be either a Special Prosecutor, Grand Jury or even the State AG would have stepped in a lot quicker than it did. But GA could be different.

I will say I have been to that area for several classes at FLETC and there does seem to be a local government vs everybody else environment.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So if there are a couple burglaries in the area, you can't start rounding up and shooting random black guys? Who knew...

We can't?

Dammit. There goes my Saturday afternoon plans.

Stupid idiots. They need the book thrown at them.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    A a retired law dog I've said this in these pages before and I'll say it again.

Regardless of the state of the law concerning citizen's arrest in any given state, stopping a potentially violent criminal at gunpoint and them holding them is NOT a job for amateurs. Movies and TV have conditioned the ordinary citizen to think this will go off without a hitch and that the prisoner will stand submissively with his hands in the air...DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT! This is NOT the case and the average well-intentioned gun owner is clueless to the level of danger that this involves.

If lives are in danger use deadly force if you must. DO NOT attempt to make a citizen's arrest.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Given the past history of racial incidents and videos, my first thought was, "okay, what's the real story here?" (Remember "hands up, don't shoot")

Now as more information comes out, those guys are in some serious trouble and deservedly so.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Liberals cry about victim blaming. Conservatives are all about personal responsibility. Or did that change? Or only if the victim is a gun owner because gun owners are always right?

The thief is blamed for the theft. That doesn't change that leaving a firearm unsecured in an unlocked vehicle is setting yourself up to be missing a gun. Rights come with responsibilities, a foreign concept to the many these days. If that offends you, I don't care.

Didn't read that the vehicle was unlocked, but whatever fits your narrative. I knew a cop once that had his car broken into and his duty shotgun ripped out of the overhead rack and stolen. Wonder if he qualifies for your little lecture. Maybe you could throw in the lIbErAl vs. cOnsErVatIvE crock, since there are obviously only two ways to approach anything in this world.

At least we do have something in common. IDGAF what you think, either.

:coffee:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Didn't read that the vehicle was unlocked, but whatever fits your narrative. I knew a cop once that had his car broken into and his duty shotgun ripped out of the overhead rack and stolen. Wonder if he qualifies for your little lecture. Maybe you could throw in the lIbErAl vs. cOnsErVatIvE crock, since there are obviously only two ways to approach anything in this world.

At least we do have something in common. IDGAF what you think, either.

:coffee:

Read more.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It’s not about victim blaming. It’s about doing everything you can to not be a victim in the first place.

Just asking, What does that statement have to do with 2 gooms being way out of pocket and trying to detain someone that wasn't doing anything at that particular time or was even the guilty party with firearms?

The only Victim in this case is dead.

https://youtu.be/pYa-LSTCS40

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Just asking, What does that statement have to do with 2 gooms being way out of pocket and trying to detain someone that wasn't doing anything at that particular time or was even the guilty party with firearms?

The only Victim in this case is dead.

https://youtu.be/pYa-LSTCS40

Read back through the posts. I’m talking about the guy’s gun getting jacked out of his truck.

Top Bottom