• ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    WTH are your kids in Chi-Com land?
    Not now. This was a few years ago. One was doing missionary work disguised as an English teacher and the other was doing video work on a panda project. Though one is waiting for her school to reopen in Shenzhen while doing distance learning with her students, some of whom have only the shadiest acquaintance with English.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WTH are your kids in Chi-Com land?

:rolleyes:

Living in china would be a sad existence. Human or animal. Thank god I was born here...
    It's not that bad. Have you ever been there?

Not now. This was a few years ago. One was doing missionary work disguised as an English teacher and the other was doing video work on a panda project. Though one is waiting for her school to reopen in Shenzhen while doing distance learning with her students, some of whom have only the shadiest acquaintance with English.
    How dare they treat those commies like they're children of God!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Living in china would be a sad existence. Human or animal. Thank god I was born here...

Actually if you are over there and they are milking technology from the company you are working for, you live like a king. Servants for everything and I don't just mean cooking, driving and cleaning. Unfortunately this caused issues with people's judgement and lead to a number of divorces when the info got back.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Actually if you are over there and they are milking technology from the company you are working for, you live like a king. Servants for everything and I don't just mean cooking, driving and cleaning. Unfortunately this caused issues with people's judgement and lead to a number of divorces when the info got back.

Guess that could cause me to turn a blind eye to a little bat fricassee here and there

Actually I have heard similar of a few other countries, really rolling out the red carpet to Americans at tech companies, while blatantly treating their own people poorly in front of visitors, etc.

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere

Uh China is a country with basically every modern accouterment that you would be familiar with. The primary lack would be freedom, obviously, but it's not like you're living in backwoods Haiti.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Uh China is a country with basically every modern accouterment that you would be familiar with. The primary lack would be freedom, obviously, but it's not like you're living in backwoods Haiti.

There are a few shiny cities on the coast, there's a lot of 3rd world in the interior.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

There are a few shiny cities on the coast, there's a lot of 3rd world in the interior.
    Yeah, this. My daughter went to visit her friend's family out in the country during spring festival. Their running water was a hose in the yard, and their stove was an outdoor wok. Having no hot water or washing facilities, they basically wore the same clothes all winter.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    At least our slobs in Walmart are only hurting themselves, our markets haven't yet spawned a global pandemic.

If some can suggest the Wuhan market spawned a virus that caused a global pandemic, then I can claim our supermarkets have spawned and epidemic of obesity that is the second leading cause death in America, second only to tobacco.

Obesity and diabetes will directly lead to the death of more Americans this year than Covid-19 will likely kill over the entire earth in a decade. The magnitude of the problem is not even close.

Much of the food in our supermarkets is unhealthy filth far worse than anything found in that Chinese market.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    far worse than anything found in that Chinese market.

:laugh: :rolleyes:

While I agree that much of processed food is poo there's no comparison between our grocery stores and a slop market of un-refrigerated meats and produce being handled by people who don't wash their hands.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    People can choose to stop eating junk food.

People can choose to stop smoking.

People can choose to stop drinking alcohol.

People can choose to stop doing drugs.

People can choose to stop breathing.

One of these is not like the others.

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    For centuries, China has been a breeding ground for filth and disease. Once we get through this nightmare, it's time for the world to come together and tell China to clean their **** hole of a country the **** up!

Absolutely agree! This kind of filth, virus breeding ground, can't be allowed to continue. Or let them do it, but seal their borders from the outside - the problem will take care of itself.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country

I have read and heard a first hand account from a customer that visited China of the number of Americans with Chinese "wives."

Top Bottom