• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It has not yet been established whether the shooter was a member of the Foot Clan.

This did not get the applause it deserves. Well done Sir!

f_R0_TB.gif

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's really sad. Morally sick. But what laws did he break? (not defending the guy, really) Are on the endangered species list? Cruelty to animals? If he did something illegal I hope get gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If not I hope karma bites him in the ass really hard. Morally, the guy is a real douche.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not a fan of social justice warriors and the often unjustified damage they can do but in this instance I hope they unleash the full fury of their abilities. I'd like to see this guy without a job and without a home. ****ing **** for no reason other than being a ****ing ****. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe DNR can nail him for poaching? Or at least hunting out of season? Are they (hopefully) an endangered species?

what a tw** waffle...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm gonna reserve judgment until there is actually some concrete facts as to why he shot it. If he really thought it was a snapper, he is an idiot but I don't really bear him any ill will. If he was intentionally killing peoples pets for kicks, then he gets what he has coming.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Maybe DNR can nail him for poaching? Or at least hunting out of season? Are they (hopefully) an endangered species?

what a tw** waffle...
    Non-native species which could not be legally released into the wild, it being loose is on the owner. Snappers are currently in season but IIRC you need a fishing license (but not if caught on your own land).

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Non-native species which could not be legally released into the wild, it being loose is on the owner. Snappers are currently in season but IIRC you need a fishing license (but not if caught on your own land).
    Damn.

Wearing white after labor day? (yes, I'm stretching)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see...

Snapping turtle excuse doesn't wash. A tortoise has as much in common with a snapping turtle as it has with a pair of alligator boots.

The only reason a tortoise would be at large in that area would be as an escaped pet.

Tortoise was apparently killed on the road right of way outside the property owner's fence, so he can't claim defense of livestock, never mind the highly implausible nature of such a claim under any circumstances.

My tentative conclusion is that the shooter needs the kind of road rash you get from a rope with the other end attached to a truck headed to Vincennes.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I am fascinated that, among the calls for torture, SJW doxxing/mobbing, execution, etc., no one here appears to have an issue with the owner of an exotic pet letting it get loose.

Maybe it's because I spent a little bit of today reliving a child molest case from a while back, but in all honesty compared to the depravity that humans visit on each other and children in particular, what happens to people's pets who don't bother to keep them contained really doesn't peg my give-a-damn meter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am fascinated that, among the calls for torture, SJW doxxing/mobbing, execution, etc., no one here appears to have an issue with the owner of an exotic pet letting it get loose.

I have found that there are exceptions to most any position that most of us would generally take. Had the tortoise's adventure been the product of chronic carelessness or deliberately allowing it to roam at large, my feelings would be different. I can accept that even the most careful people have things go sideways at times. When I consider this in terms of an outside animal approaching my alpacas (which have become my children) I would take a number of things into account including whether or not an actual thread exists and the probability of the animal being a pet. No, I would not allow someone's large pet dog chew on my alpacas, but so long as it stays outside the fence and it is not a recurring issue, I am not going zero to hot lead in 10 seconds. A tortoise is obviously an escaped pet and does not constitute a threat to anything capable of moving under its own power. I simply cannot comprehend circumstances in which killing it has any purpose beyond the love of killing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh I hate it for the owner, I'm sure she's feeling guilty as well I know I sure would be.

That doesn't change the fact that anyone who would walk out and shoot a tortoise for no reason is a few steps below pond scum and deserves whatever hell can be dropped down on him. I wonder what else he does when no one is looking? Maybe lighting cats on fire is a favorite past time or drowning puppies.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Oh I hate it for the owner, I'm sure she's feeling guilty as well I know I sure would be.

That doesn't change the fact that anyone who would walk out and shoot a tortoise for no reason is a few steps below pond scum and deserves whatever hell can be dropped down on him. I wonder what else he does when no one is looking? Maybe lighting cats on fire is a favorite past time or drowning puppies.
    How do you know it was for no reason? Does your thinking change if he dressed it out to eat like a snapper?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How do you know it was for no reason? Does your thinking change if he dressed it out to eat like a snapper?

Considering it was found dead on the side of the road, no it doesn't. If you kill something to eat it you don't generally leave it baking in the sun like road kill. Unless it was hanging off of his body after biting him there is no logical explanation for someone shooting a tortoise in Indiana, other than that someone being a complete *******.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have only shot coyotes because they were there and had to be shot.
    Even then it hurts me I still say a quite prayer for them and hope they are running in fields in the great beyond.
    When I kill a squirrel or deer or other creatures that Will be used for food.
    I admire the animals ability and give thanks for the animal.
    The unbridled killing hurts me right along with abuse of all animals Dogs, Cats, ect.
    I guess it might be what I have witnessed in life that makes me respect life and how cruel it can be.

Last edited:

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Heard this story on the Chicago news radio, so it must be big news :n00b:

Honestly though, who kills a tortoise because you "think it might bite someone".

Bullsh** - dude is probably a low key psychopath.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Tortoise was apparently killed on the road right of way outside the property owner's fence, so he can't claim defense of livestock, never mind the highly implausible nature of such a claim under any circumstances.

According to the owner it was shot inside the guys fenced in yard. And while a claim of defense of livestock may be unlikely, a claim of defense of property may not be. A large tortoise can be pretty dang destructive.
    https://www.youcaring.com/tashachap...dium=url&utm_source=copy&utm_content=cf_cp_01

Considering it was found dead on the side of the road, no it doesn't. If you kill something to eat it you don't generally leave it baking in the sun like road kill. Unless it was hanging off of his body after biting him there is no logical explanation for someone shooting a tortoise in Indiana, other than that someone being a complete *******.

The owner states it was taken to a taxidermist to be mounted either by the farmer or farmers friend, that is where they retrieved it from.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Just a random crazy thought; perhaps, a lesson that could be learned is that people shouldn't keep exotic pets penned up.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Just a random crazy thought; perhaps, a lesson that could be learned is that people shouldn't keep exotic pets penned up.

eggs-act-lee, lets be real here, the woman probably had the turtle because she thought she was saving the planet or some such nonsense and she got a lesson on why these animals are endangered.

Top Bottom