• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I dunno, I have no personal knowledge of the case. As I said above, I'm reserving judgment until I actually know a bit more of what happened before I brand him a psychopath and call for his murder/torture/doxxing...

It's interesting how so many people are ready to destroy this guy for shooting an animal, but if a police officer shoots an unarmed man then we need to wait and gets the facts straight. I guess tortoise lives matter.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A. People suck.

2. People like their pets more than they like other people.

III. Pets are usually better people than people.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's interesting how so many people are ready to destroy this guy for shooting an animal, but if a police officer shoots an unarmed man then we need to wait and gets the facts straight. I guess tortoise lives matter.

Yeah, there's an apples to apples comparison. Good job.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Yeah, there's an apples to apples comparison. Good job.

Hmmm... says the guy that thinks someone should lose his job and his home for killing an animal that wandered onto his land. I'll stand by what I said, it's fair.

I'm not a fan of social justice warriors and the often unjustified damage they can do but in this instance I hope they unleash the full fury of their abilities. I'd like to see this guy without a job and without a home. ****ing **** for no reason other than being a ****ing ****. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hmmm... says the guy that thinks someone should lose his job and his home for killing an animal that wandered onto his land. I'll stand by what I said, it's fair.

Well, let's be fair- does a tortoise even have the potential to present a self-defense scenario? Has anyone even hinted at that?

If this was a wolf or any animal that had the potential for presenting a threat, wouldn't the response be different?

Most humans fit in this category.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    It has not yet been established whether the shooter was a member of the Foot Clan.

Mr., T.Lex I feel your retort has fallen upon deaf ears, or perhaps gone over said peoples heads, myself I say good job ol chap! reputation points shall come you way!

This did not get the applause it deserves. Well done Sir!

f_R0_TB.gif

I must agree with you Mr. Wolfhound, reputation points shall come you way also!

we three must be the only ones who get the reference! and I shall not ruin it for the others!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Mr., T.Lex I feel your retort has fallen upon deaf ears, or perhaps gone over said peoples heads,...

Or the ears of those old enough to had to have googled the reference....and because of their (our) age, do not have a visceral connection to this little bit of...."entertainment" history.

But you kids have fun.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I dunno, I have no personal knowledge of the case. As I said above, I'm reserving judgment until I actually know a bit more of what happened before I brand him a psychopath and call for his murder/torture/doxxing...

Well, let's be fair- does a tortoise even have the potential to present a self-defense scenario? Has anyone even hinted at that?

If this was a wolf or any animal that had the potential for presenting a threat, wouldn't the response be different?

Most humans fit in this category.

It seems to me that you are trying to move the goalposts. I never said anything about the tortoise posing a threat, or that the man was justified in his actions for that matter. I merely think it might be reasonable for him to keep his job and his home, or at the very least we could hear all of the facts before he is lynched.

To answer your question, I would assume that the reaction would be quite different if the animal posed a threat. I would go so far as to say that the reaction would be different if it was a Burmese Python, regardless of whether it actually posed a threat.

What's more, I'm a person that tries to shoo insects out of my house rather than kill them, so I can't imagine that it would have ever occurred to me to shoot a tortoise. I just don't understand the PETA type response on INGO.

Top Bottom