• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Now that would have me about 10 feet past Pi$$ed off right there.

I was half tempted to post an honest objective review of their tour and let others know, by the way you may Not end at your starting point. Funny thing is she asked where everyone was from so she knew full well that everyone was from out of town.

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Glad everything worked out. I am glad you posted, just thinking through my response to this situation will help me to respond more quickly if it ever happens. I need more lumens!!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    EdcL2t from Surefire, Does everything I need it to do. Carry it every day.

Looked that one up. Not bad.

Man, there's a ton of them out there.

Wcd, I know it's a Surefire and they have a good reputation. How's the reliability been when firing that up? My pet-peeve is hitting the switch and then having to tap the light or rotate the lens/cap to get the thing to light up (like you do for all the cheap(er) models like I usually buy).

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Man, there's a ton of them out there.

Wcd, I know it's a Surefire and they have a good reputation. How's the reliability been when firing that up? My pet-peeve is hitting the switch and then having to tap the light or rotate the lens/cap to get the thing to light up (like you do for all the cheap(er) models like I usually buy).
    So far very good. I know there are some less expensive models out there. Believe me I am cheap (frugal). I am hard on my stuff, but I also take care of my stuff. I use it in the field, etc. Just like your edc it needs to be tested and proven, just my opinion. I honestly think things could have gone way south in a heartbeat, had i not had it with me.

I get ribbed a lot over my pocket stuff by friends, some even make fun of my Wrangler cargo shorts. But I am ok with that. Because at the end of the day, I try to be as prepared as possible.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So far very good. I know there are some less expensive models out there. Believe me I am cheap (frugal). I am hard on my stuff, but I also take care of my stuff. I use it in the field, etc. Just like your edc it needs to be tested and proven, just my opinion. I honestly think things could have gone way south in a heartbeat, had i not had it with me.

I get ribbed a lot over my pocket stuff by friends, some even make fun of my Wrangler cargo shorts. But I am ok with that. Because at the end of the day, I try to be as prepared as possible.

I probably don't carry as much as you do from the sounds of it but I'm seriously considering going to suspenders to keep my pants pulled up. :D

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I probably don't carry as much as you do from the sounds of it but I'm seriously considering going to suspenders to keep my pants pulled up. :D

Don't do it lol, especially if you have kids that might pull on them and let go. But seriously I carry my 1911 extra Mag, flashlight, extra battery, small knife with seatbelt cutter and glass breaker. So not too bad i don't think. But in the car i have first aid kit, benadryl, triple antibiotic lotion, etc. Stuff comes in handy when you coach 04's.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We just aren't out at night very much, but boy what a compelling argument for a decent pocket light. I'm like the OP, I just don't want to spend that kind of money for a light but when you put it in these terms, that is small money.

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    Glad everything worked out. Never realized how handy it is to have a flashlight at all times until i started carrying my Nextorch K3. Havent left home without it in 3yrs now, glad you had some lumens with you

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you carry a light on your handgun, you need a flashlight for your pocket.

If you don't carry a light on your handgun, you need a flashlight for your pocket.

If you don't carry a handgun at all, you need a flashlight for your pocket.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am certainly guilty here. I carry my EDC and an extra mag, plus an expensive knife, but no flashlight.

I keep one on my home defense gun that I keep on my nightstand at night, but don't carry one around every day.

Sounds like I need to rethink that strategy. Just what I need, more junk for my pockets!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I EDC a Streamlite 1AA with 70 lumens and a strobe feature. It seems like enough to ID someone and there always seems to be enough ambient light to line up night sights on a silhouette. Part of my choosing 70 lumens is because it's also a GP light and it's small enough to need yet another mag-pouch on my belt.

Those of you who carry hand-held search lights (just being descriptive, no snark intended) what situations do you see yourselves needing the extra lumens?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I EDC a Streamlite 1AA with 70 lumens and a strobe feature. It seems like enough to ID someone and there always seems to be enough ambient light to line up night sights on a silhouette. Part of my choosing 70 lumens is because it's also a GP light and it's small enough to need yet another mag-pouch on my belt.

Those of you who carry hand-held search lights (just being descriptive, no snark intended) what situations do you see yourselves needing the extra lumens?

No snark intended but with the family in a strange state and city. That about sums it up, also out in the back fourty where there are no lights other than the 4 wheeler quite handy there as well. Again not being funny but would you rather carry a 22lr or a center fire caliber? I now look at my light as a serious self defense tool.

My light gets clipped in front cargo pocket, so it's easy to carry as well.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    No snark intended but with the family in a strange state and city. That about sums it up, also out in the back fourty where there are no lights other than the 4 wheeler quite handy there as well. Again not being funny but would you rather carry a 22lr or a center fire caliber? I now look at my light as a serious self defense tool.

My light gets clipped in front cargo pocket, so it's easy to carry as well.
    Good point about the "back forty", living in the city, I didn't think of that.

Top Bottom