They are watching. ...perhaps INGO classifieds are next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    It is a absolute fact that for well over 20 years now all, every single last form of electrically based communications in not just I our country but in most if not all countries, is being not just monitored but also saved, cataloged and analyzed. I watched a program on just this subject on C-Span about ten years ago where it was explained the level and scope of the electronic surveillance capabilities of the intelligence services of our country. To say I was shocked was a understatement along the lines of saying the capt of the titanic was only having a bad day.

Can you imagine what the level electronic surveillance technology and capability is at to day?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    They may be watching but as long as it is all legal then they will be very bored...

Like this picture of the TSA in action...

tsa-sleeping.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    It is a absolute fact that for well over 20 years now all, every single last form of electrically based communications in not just I our country but in most if not all countries, is being not just monitored but also saved, cataloged and analyzed. I watched a program on just this subject on C-Span about ten years ago where it was explained the level and scope of the electronic surveillance capabilities of the intelligence services of our country. To say I was shocked was a understatement along the lines of saying the capt of the titanic was only having a bad day.

Can you imagine what the level electronic surveillance technology and capability is at to day?

Today's capabilities are probably on par or greater then what the Chinese and North Koreans have to monitor their citizens. The problem is sifting through all the mountains of data and seeing trends and specific intent, in time to act upon it prior to bad things happening. The current system can probably go back and restore emails, posts, and maybe even enough web history to see a pattern, after something bad happens. (Except in the case of Hillary Clinton).

Even so, the FBI has admitted that they have been unable to crack the encryption on the cell phone of one of the San Bernardino terrorists. People will always try to figure out how to beat the system.
    FBI director says investigators unable to unlock San Bernardino shooter's phone content | Reuters

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, someday, when someone trips over the plug, "they" will have to do it the old fashioned way...putting boots on the ground to follow you around. :rolleyes:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The day I believe their intention to make the world safer and not simply remove guns, is the day I see them pushing for making it possible for a private citizen to do an NCIS check. Not that I think that's the answer, but if they started a campaign to allow private sellers to have to option to run an NCIS check if they had a questionable sale, then, and only then would I think there is a shred of truth to their claim of trying to make the world safer.

It will never happen though since those organizations exist only to remove guns altogether and the disgusting slugs that they are will gleefully dance on the graves of children to do it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    NSA et al do indeed generate mountains of data, and it would take at least half the population to keep an eye on the other half. But they have this new technology that can find patterns to at least point them at what needs to be looked at more carefully. Computers, I think they call them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    NSA et al do indeed generate mountains of data, and it would take at least half the population to keep an eye on the other half. But they have this new technology that can find patterns to at least point them at what needs to be looked at more carefully. Computers, I think they call them.

Computers and this internets thing. Both a flash in the pan that wont last. Only a fad. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom