• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I worked as a unit clerk in the emergency room of a local hospital for a couple of years. About one week into my job, we had two cases come in on the same night that involved DCS. It was the first but certainly not the last time that I shed tears on that job.

#1 a six-year old girl with an STD (coincidentally the same one shared by her father and his girlfriend).

#2 a five-year-old boy with head trauma after an ATV accident. The grandfather claimed that he was driving, but the truth eventually came out. The kid's drunk father thought it would be cool to let the 5-yr-old drive the four-wheeler, and the kid flipped it. (And the kid was also not wearing a helmet.)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I worked as a unit clerk in the emergency room of a local hospital for a couple of years. About one week into my job, we had two cases come in on the same night that involved DCS. It was the first but certainly not the last time that I shed tears on that job.

#1 a six-year old girl with an STD (coincidentally the same one shared by her father and his girlfriend).

#2 a five-year-old boy with head trauma after an ATV accident. The grandfather claimed that he was driving, but the truth eventually came out. The kid's drunk father thought it would be cool to let the 5-yr-old drive the four-wheeler, and the kid flipped it. (And the kid was also not wearing a helmet.)

Well, that made most of ours look like ****.

My blood would boil then also. One of the many reasons I couldn't be a LEO.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Eye doc schedules you for an 0800 appt and you see them walk through the door at 0815.

I WILL let you know you are rude and inconsiderate at that point in the day.

Yeah, I've always wondered why, when allegedly I'm the first patient on the schedule on a given day, that I have to wait 30 minutes or more before I see the doctor. I understand that other patients' appointments run over, depending on circumstances, but the first one of the day? Nope. You ought to be on time for that one.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm 10 min late to a doctor's appointment and they charge me $40 and I have to reschedule. The doctor is running 2 hours behind and I sit and wait with no discount.

Something came up late at work one day when I was about to leave for a dental appointment; I called the drs office and told them I needed to reschedule and they told me I could but they were going to charge me $50 to reschedule so I managed to make the appointment. Since then They've called me several times trying to reschedule my appointment for various reasons. I've always told them I can't do it. They recently asked me to reschedule an appointment as I walked into the office so I told them I couldn't do it unless they paid me $50 and that I would never willingly change a scheduled appointment if they wanted me to unless they paid me for it.

One of the girls told me that I was being unreasonable.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah, I've always wondered why, when allegedly I'm the first patient on the schedule on a given day, that I have to wait 30 minutes or more before I see the doctor. I understand that other patients' appointments run over, depending on circumstances, but the first one of the day? Nope. You ought to be on time for that one.

Different dentist's office than above; I had scheduled an appointment one day at the earliest possible time. They asked me if I could make a 7 a.m. appointment I told them no problem. I arrived on time and after sitting there for 30 minutes I asked them what the delay was as there couldn't possibly have been someone there before me? their response was "Oh the doctor doesn't get here until 8 a.m." Obviously I terminated the relationship with that practice.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    People who dont use turn signals.

The people who don't use their headlights in the early morning when still dark or when inclement weather. Especially when they drive vehicles that blend in with the surroundings making it harder for people to see.

Or people who don't use turn signals rights.

Folks driving for several miles with their right turn signal on, then turn left without signaling. :bash:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    People that don't like thread titles and rename it to suit them!:xmad:

:laugh:

giphy.gif

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is really just more of a "Things that **** me off" thread.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it turned into the minor inconveniences that annoy me thread so quickly.

I thought of it as a place for really vile and egregious acts that would drive any upstanding, moral person mad with rage. You know, like the bare feet on the airplane example.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it turned into the minor inconveniences that annoy me thread so quickly.

I thought of it as a place for really vile and egregious acts that would drive any upstanding, moral person mad with rage. You know, like the bare feet on the airplane example.
    That's how I took it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Any crime against a child. To seriously hurt mame or mentally abuse a child. To use an innocent child as a tool in a relationship. Etc soon and such.
    Makes my brain boil.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Any crime against a child. To seriously hurt mame or mentally abuse a child. To use an innocent child as a tool in a relationship. Etc soon and such.
    Makes my brain boil.

Abusing women also.
    repeater told me a story about answering a domestic disturbance call, watching the guy (through a window) hit the wife while they were trying to get in the door.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Running brights all the time. Around here it is 40% 0f oncoming cars with the brights on. Makes me crazy.
    This x1000. Modern LEDs and HIDs are way brighter even on low beam than older cars on high. Yet the turds still tool down the two-lane blasting the highs.

Worse are the cheap aftermarket lights installed by trail park cool kids. Almost no light to the road, but tons into traffic.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Blood boil.....I'm on lisinopril, so I'm keeping the pressure in check.

I find it highly annoying when people choose to live in an area that gets cold weather and snow incessantly complain about cold weather and snow.

Related- people wishing their life away pining for summer in the winter and winter in the summer...or Christmas in October...or November.

I'm very sorry that our hobby annoys you. :)

Top Bottom