• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Love my stainless king cobra 6", it goes well with my marlin 1894 .357 carbine. My dream .357 though would be a matching pair of vaqueros in case harden colors, or I guess I could settle on Colt SAA. :draw:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well i do like the look of the heavier framed revolvers, so Id like to get something like that. But honestly for something I just want to shoot around with at the range i personaly dont care about brand as long as its in decent shape and functions correctly with a good price. Just something about a .357mag wheel gun that I keep telling myself I need:D

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well i do like the look of the heavier framed revolvers, so Id like to get something like that. But honestly for something I just want to shoot around with at the range i personaly dont care about brand as long as its in decent shape and functions correctly with a good price. Just something about a .357mag wheel gun that I keep telling myself I need:D

I was that way too back when I didn't have one, love the round. Get a good heavy gun, it'll soak up the recoil better and hold up better in general I think. Post pic's when you get one! :D

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    I have a Taurus 357 mag and love it. It's my carry weapon of choice its the snub nose not the 4" but if it performs as well as mine go for it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ruger GP100 or SP101 is the way to go. Both are great guns.
    I thought I had gotten away from wheel guns, but shooting my little S&W snubby (.38 special) has made me want another one. Looked at an SP101 and a Security 6, both in .357, at Indy Trading Post today. I liked the look of the SP101... a lot... :wallbash:

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I really like my SP101. Generally shoot 38 special reloads at the range but I always finish every range session with full power defensive loads. I am getting inspired to look closely at the GP100!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I really like my SP101. Generally shoot 38 special reloads at the range but I always finish every range session with full power defensive loads. I am getting inspired to look closely at the GP100!
    I traded away a Model 66 6" .357, but I couldn't shoot it worth a darn. Oddly enough, I'm better with the Model 64 snubby, so I'm thinking maybe the SP101 in 4" might be the perfect compromise for me. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    SP101! More expensive than the Taurus but just a flat out awesome gun
    I went and handled an SP101 with 4" barrel today and now I'm having second thoughts about it. I have small hands and the grip seemed really small, even to me. It was also a lot lighter than I had expected. Felt as light or lighter than my S&W K-frame snubby. Seems like the recoil would be pretty unpleasant... :( I really wanted to like the gun, but now I just don't know.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I went and handled an SP101 with 4" barrel today and now I'm having second thoughts about it. I have small hands and the grip seemed really small, even to me. It was also a lot lighter than I had expected. Felt as light or lighter than my S&W K-frame snubby. Seems like the recoil would be pretty unpleasant... :( I really wanted to like the gun, but now I just don't know.

Sounds like the GP-100 might be more your style...both are excellent revolvers! :twocents:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds like the GP-100 might be more your style...both are excellent revolvers! :twocents:
    I think you're right. Looks like the GP100 is quite a bit heavier (good) than the SP101. And I didn't notice, but Wikipedia says the SP101 is only a 5-shot in the .357? If that's the case, no wonder it seemed smaller "in person". :ugh:
    I haven't run across a GP100 yet, but I'll have to keep my eyes open. Maybe I'll find one at the next 1500. :)

Top Bottom