• ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got me One!

Well I was at the local shop today and they had this Rossi in stock and the price was to good to say no so I had to bring it home. Even threw in the case to go with it. Then i stoped by Wal-Mart an picked up 100rds of 38spl and 100rds of 357mag. Cant wait to get it to the range:rockwoot:

357magjpg.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks Ford, I think it will do nicley for my first wheel gun. It has a great feel to it, wish it was a little heavier but cant have everything for that kind of price. Nice trigger feel to it as well.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    BE VERY CAREFULL WITH THAT GUN!!

Larger bore pistols are extremely addicting!:D Next thing you know, you will be looking for a 44 mag, and after that you just wont be able to understand why everyone doesn't own a .500 smith! great purchase, hope you enjoy it!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    BE VERY CAREFULL WITH THAT GUN!!

Larger bore pistols are extremely addicting!:D Next thing you know, you will be looking for a 44 mag, and after that you just wont be able to understand why everyone doesn't own a .500 smith! great purchase, hope you enjoy it!

Thats what Im affraid of:D

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Looks like we're all Ruger revolver fans. My favorite handgun is a half-shroud GP100 in .357/.38 special stainless with 4 inch barrel. The new full shroud GP100 are a bit heavier but equally nice. I happen to acquire mine in an on-line penny auction for surplus handgun for the Tennessee Department of Corrections. Seems they received a large quanity of GP100s and started engraving them and found they received the wrong handgun. They sold the ones already engraved at surplus via a Ruger Distributor in Birmingham, Alabama. I've had S&W and they are good too but just too expensive and they don't last any longer. And, Taurus revolvers are not my favorite but I love the 1911 handguns. I've not heard anyone knock Beretta and the Taurus in made in their Brazil factory by the same folks. All-in-all, Ruger offers a lot more bang for your buck.

rthatchjr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    I have owned and shot smith 686's model 19's, taurus 66 and 669 as well as ruger gp100's, no complaints with any of them, owning a 357 and not reloading for it is shameful!! It is the best caliper(in my opinion) to reload for, so many choices and soooo much fun!! 19.5 grains of 296 over a 125 grain jhp with a 4 inch barreled 669 made the 100 yard range fun!

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    As a former life-long wheel-gun guy this would be my recommendation:

1) GP100

2) SP101

3) PRE-LOCK S&W 686

I can't recommend Taurus to anyone. At their best they are cheap medium quality knock-offs of much better guns. At their worst they are low quality pieces of JUNK. My first handgun was an M85 5-shot .38. A couple of the cylinder charge holes were so over-bored that I was getting severe key-holing at 21 feet!

Of course the life-time warranty fixed it but at that point I had lost all confidence in the gun. Confidence in your gun is fairly important in a carry piece. I had a similar thing happen with a .45 Colt Anaconda! You wanna talk LET DOWN. That is a VERY EXPENSIVE GUN to have out of spec charge holes! I wasn't happy but Colt's legendary reputation for quality allowed me to file this one under "odd anomaly"....Taurus's reputation does NOT allow for that kinda "2nd chance" leeway.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    As a former life-long wheel-gun guy this would be my recommendation:

1) GP100

2) SP101

3) PRE-LOCK S&W 686

I can't recommend Taurus to anyone. At their best they are cheap medium quality knock-offs of much better guns. At their worst they are low quality pieces of JUNK. My first handgun was an M85 5-shot .38. A couple of the cylinder charge holes were so over-bored that I was getting severe key-holing at 21 feet!

Of course the life-time warranty fixed it but at that point I had lost all confidence in the gun. Confidence in your gun is fairly important in a carry piece. I had a similar thing happen with a .45 Colt Anaconda! You wanna talk LET DOWN. That is a VERY EXPENSIVE GUN to have out of spec charge holes! I wasn't happy but Colt's legendary reputation for quality allowed me to file this one under "odd anomaly"....Taurus's reputation does NOT allow for that kinda "2nd chance" leeway.

Don't understand why people are so hung up on the lock, you can remove it in about ten minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPYgohVCNM

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Well the older S&Ws were just better in many ways....not the least of which is the nice flash-chromed trigger/hammer pieces from the 80's.

As a shooter I don't agree, they shoot the same. For a collector you are correct. I have several from the 60's and 70's.

Sorry for the thread Jack...........I'm done :)

Top Bottom