• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I got one for Christmas this last year, I absolutely love it. great sights, nice fit in my hands, even though my pinky finger is left hanging, shoots good. I have ran a couple hundred rounds through it with zero problems. if you are looking for a very easy weapon to conceal, with a big projectile that comes out the other end, then I would highly recommend getting one.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I really like mine! You have to rack it kinda rough or it doesnt like to load the first round. I have read that from numerous people and take it that its normal. While shooting, its a complete non-issue. Basically you just have to be kinda deliberate. I just revently got a kydex holster from pjholster and really like it too! I would love to have a hi-cap mag for it. I agree too, it conceals very easily.
    59F8205D-4D61-4A45-AC16-B4B1EAC035B1-10182-00000F7EA5A4654B.jpg

BB31CB09-01C3-4238-9496-4E80AB9098F5-10182-00000F7E9F985E4C.jpg

I have shot WWB, Tulammo, zombie rounds, and other random .45 I had laying around the house and havent had an issue! good luck!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    My thoughts on the XDS:

What I like about it:

Amazingly compact design. You would think it's a 9mm not a .45.
    Fit, finish, operation are all excellent. It looks, feel, and works like a high-quality firearm, which it clearly is.
    Hits the target and has been 100% reliable.
    Very concealable,

What I don't like:

Small grip only gets two fingers. My hands are not overly large but it's a bit hard to keep a firm grip on when firing. Makes it hard to get back on target for the next shot.
    5+1 capacity is a bit lower than I'd like. Carry an extra magazine if you think you'll need more than 6 rds.
    The grip is very agressively stippled. Hurts after an hour or so of range shooting. (but help with grip so it's a tradeoff.)

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    My thoughts on the XDS:

What I like about it:

Amazingly compact design. You would think it's a 9mm not a .45.
    Fit, finish, operation are all excellent. It looks, feel, and works like a high-quality firearm, which it clearly is.
    Hits the target and has been 100% reliable.
    Very concealable,

What I don't like:

Small grip only gets two fingers. My hands are not overly large but it's a bit hard to keep a firm grip on when firing. Makes it hard to get back on target for the next shot.
    5+1 capacity is a bit lower than I'd like. Carry an extra magazine if you think you'll need more than 6 rds.
    The grip is very agressively stippled. Hurts after an hour or so of range shooting. (but help with grip so it's a tradeoff.)
    Try Talon grips on it. They made a world of difference on mine.

mrmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    xds

I love mine and agree with everyones comments. I also have to say that the recoil is very manageable for its small size I've put about 1000 rounds through mine and am confident that any would be muggers should beware

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Can't go wrong. I love mine. Carried today. Do wish it held more. My regular carry is glock 30s

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    I don't have an XDS ...........yet. The 9mm is going to be out this spring and I think I'll try one. I love the XD and XDm that we have in our household.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just put 60 flawless FMJ rounds through mine, zero problems. You do need to rack the slide with authority to load the first round. A little snappy, however, the recoil was very manageable for a mini .45. I was wearing tactical gloves (it was a cold morning) and had no grip issues...not sure how it will be bare handed after 100+ rounds. Great sights and quite accurate for a 3.3" barrel.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For me its in that awkward middle ground, a bit too large for a pocket pistol but a bit too small for a main duty gun.

Anyone carrying it in an ankle holster? I might be able to justify it as a BUG if it will comfortably ankle carry.

Top Bottom