• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Well nothing on the menu at mcnastys warrants that type of behavior. The unfortunate victims had a classic case of being in the wrong places at the wrong time I mean wow first of all mcnastys and then South Bend that is a double wammy wrong place. But one person who commented earlier is correct as bad as the food and the service is I keep goin back every Saturday mornin for burritos.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I thought I suppressed this, but now I remember the time Taco Bell took away my chili cheese burrito for a few years. Those used to be my feelings.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    So to jump in the legal side of things.. Man confronts you verbally at first.. then you see him out of your mirror retrieve an AK.. At that point, and if you had the chance, can you use deadly force to protect yourself? You are literally trapped in a drive through line and in your car.. I am guessing it would depend on what state this occurs in and the laws of self defense in that state, but let's stick with Indiana..

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So to jump in the legal side of things.. Man confronts you verbally at first.. then you see him out of your mirror retrieve an AK.. At that point, and if you had the chance, can you use deadly force to protect yourself? You are literally trapped in a drive through line and in your car.. I am guessing it would depend on what state this occurs in and the laws of self defense in that state, but let's stick with Indiana..

Not yet...
    It is NOT illegal to go up to you at the drive thru and yell and scream at you.

It is NOT illegal to walk around with an AK in a public place of which the mcd drive thru is. He could walk around with a sidearm, long arm, hammer, bat, rock, brick.

It becomes ILLEGAL as soon as he points that AK in your direction. At that point deadly force can be used to stop him as he has just committed a felony. A level 6 felony in indiana per ic 35-41-3-3.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    As you evaluate this remember McD has cameras everywhere. Whatever justification you may have should be supported by video (or not).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not yet...
    It is NOT illegal to go up to you at the drive thru and yell and scream at you.

It is NOT illegal to walk around with an AK in a public place of which the mcd drive thru is. He could walk around with a sidearm, long arm, hammer, bat, rock, brick.

It becomes ILLEGAL as soon as he points that AK in your direction. At that point deadly force can be used to stop him as he has just committed a felony. A level 6 felony in indiana per ic 35-41-3-3.

Wait until he points it at you? Um...no. not required by self defense law and a really bad idea unless you are tired of living.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wait until he points it at you? Um...no. not required by self defense law and a really bad idea unless you are tired of living.

U cant shoot someone just because they are walking with an AK. That alone is not enough.

That + them just yelling/screaming at you is closer to self defense but even then does it warrant deadly force.. hum....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    U cant shoot someone just because they are walking with an AK. That alone is not enough.

That + them just yelling/screaming at you is closer to self defense but even then does it warrant deadly force.. hum....

Deadly force is justified if one "reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony..."

The person need not have commited a crime already or pointed a gun at you. Yelling, screaming, especially threatening and then getting the rifle? C'mon.

The best way to get dead in this scenario is to wait until the other guy points his gun at you. I'm not Doc Holiday....and the law doesn't require me to be.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I can hear it now: "You need to McBack-the-F-up."

And then there's this nugget fiasco:https://youtu.be/cMuw2C4qe88

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

OMG!

Why you people so angry?

Here's another thought to all this 2 lane drive up stuff: Get your ass out of the car and go inside for your BigMac! If you're eating a BigMac or anything at McDonald's for that matter, you need a little exercise. Plus it's faster.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Deadly force is justified if one "reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony..."

The person need not have commited a crime already or pointed a gun at you. Yelling, screaming, especially threatening and then getting the rifle? C'mon.

The best way to get dead in this scenario is to wait until the other guy points his gun at you. I'm not Doc Holiday....and the law doesn't require me to be.

We are in agreement. I think you mistook my initial post and looking back at it I was not clear enough on it.

Scenario 1:
    You are in drive thru in your car and guy is yelling/screaming at you from his car.
    This does not qualify for deadly force to be used.

Scenario 2:
    (Ignore s scenario 1)
    You are in drive thru and you see guy walking with an AK.
    This does not qualify for deadly force.

That is what I was trying to explain before.
    Each alone still does not meet deadly force.

Now if you have scenario 1 followed by scenario 2 then I do agree with you that a reasonable person is going to think that guy is coming to shoot you.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you're eating a sandwich that has been manufactured in a facility from some mystery meat, prepared by a bevy of minimum wage people in a brick and mortar building paying both management and corporate expenses, covered with a sauce and some veggies then served on a fluffy bit of bread and wrapped in a foil covering and served in a paper bag for less that $5 maybe you need to reconsider your eating habits.

Like the millers used to say: The whiter your bread the quicker your dead...because white flour and all products made from it are basically starch and bleach, just add butter sugar and some flavorings. The same can be said for the entire Mc menu. The new saying could be the faster your food the faster you die.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you're eating a sandwich that has been manufactured in a facility from some mystery meat, prepared by a bevy of minimum wage people in a brick and mortar building paying both management and corporate expenses, covered with a sauce and some veggies then served on a fluffy bit of bread and wrapped in a foil covering and served in a paper bag for less that $5 maybe you need to reconsider your eating habits.

Like the millers used to say: The whiter your bread the quicker your dead...because white flour and all products made from it are basically starch and bleach, just add butter sugar and some flavorings. The same can be said for the entire Mc menu. The new saying could be the faster your food the faster you die.

I do not understand the big draw to MD's line up of cardboard food.

Top Bottom