This has been a huge nothing-burger and I'm ok with that.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think Trump knows it’s over too. I think he’s prepping the road for 2024 now. I doubt we will see unrest from the right when that happens.

What would you base that opinion on other than MSM news? There is a tremendous amount of info out there detailing physical traditional vote stealing and serious rumblings of major vote theft. Maybe it will not come, but it would be short sighted to not prep for it...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What would you base that opinion on other than MSM news? There is a tremendous amount of info out there detailing physical traditional vote stealing and serious rumblings of major vote theft. Maybe it will not come, but it would be short sighted to not prep for it...

He hasn’t won an outcome-changing lawsuit, he’s already making plans for post-Presidency, political experts on both sides are admitting it’s over, there hasn’t been a shred of credible evidence that anything will be overturned, etc. As a right-leaning centrist, I certainly wasn’t hoping for a Biden victory. But, that’s the way it seems it’s going to go.

To keep this on-topic, the possibility of political violence seems very low. Another round of lockdowns seems a much more likely situation, so that’s the one I’m watching. I think being realistic is the most important aspect of being prepared. The likelihood of throwing on a plate carrier and engaging AntiFa members at the town square seems pretty unlikely. The local grocery getting bought out of necessary items seems like a real possibility.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He hasn’t won an outcome-changing lawsuit, he’s already making plans for post-Presidency, political experts on both sides are admitting it’s over, there hasn’t been a shred of credible evidence that anything will be overturned, etc. As a right-leaning centrist, I certainly wasn’t hoping for a Biden victory. But, that’s the way it seems it’s going to go.

To keep this on-topic, the possibility of political violence seems very low. Another round of lockdowns seems a much more likely situation, so that’s the one I’m watching. I think being realistic is the most important aspect of being prepared. The likelihood of throwing on a plate carrier and engaging AntiFa members at the town square seems pretty unlikely. The local grocery getting bought out of necessary items seems like a real possibility.

Sounds reasonable although I see some additional alternatives. Trump and team may be stalling with minor lawsuits to buy time for a well organized assault on the voting machines, and may be stalling to get the election sent to the House of Representatives. I certainly don't pretend to know what they are thinking but do see multiple alternatives.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Preppers by their very nature are prepping for things the general population deems unlikely enough to concern themselves with.

The left engaged in violence most of the summer and I believe that violence was and is a likelihood in the event of a Trump win. With several states unresolved and the real possibility this could be resolved by other constitutional means by the congress or the states we are in uncharted waters my friends. Just where we are at the moment is uncharted in our lifetimes.

Mt recommendation, be prepped as best you can, keep an eye on non MSM news sources, at minimum they can give you intel into what the thinking is on the actual sides that you are prepping for, we know we are in uncharted waters...

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Don't watch the news for news. The lawsuits have barely begun. The rot is deeper than even I thought, I've figured for YEARS now that 1/3 of D votes were outright frauds. Now.... maybe over half. Not joking.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    And the Deep State in its death throws is going to turn loose the hordes making this summer's riots look like a kid's birthday party. Things won't be mostly peaceful this time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don't watch the news for news. The lawsuits have barely begun. The rot is deeper than even I thought, I've figured for YEARS now that 1/3 of D votes were outright frauds. Now.... maybe over half. Not joking.

And the Deep State in its death throws is going to turn loose the hordes making this summer's riots look like a kid's birthday party. Things won't be mostly peaceful this time.

You both are very right if this house of cards the dems created comes down...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Having been prepped on firearms/ammo/reloading. I have focused on food pantry this year and bought a German shepherd puppy to train for protection/alerting. Where i live more worried about methheads wondering through the woods or probability of robbers/burglars if unemployment skyrockets due to covid. Street level violence where I live is unlikely

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Having been prepped on firearms/ammo/reloading. I have focused on food pantry this year and bought a German shepherd puppy to train for protection/alerting. Where i live more worried about methheads wondering through the woods or probability of robbers/burglars if unemployment skyrockets due to covid. Street level violence where I live is unlikely

The puppy will keep you busy! I have two 2-year-olds

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The puppy will keep you busy! I have two 2-year-olds

I raised three top quality Labradors that doesn't mean I took them to competition or anything but as far as taking them hunting or behavior wise they were perfect. Using the same method with this dog but I have noticed he tends to be a bit more nippy then my Labradors so we're working on that. I did expect him to be more nippy because I chose a more dominant side dog then companion side dog based on what I want him to do . He just turned 13 weeks old and he knows sit down stay let's go outside And he carries my newspaper back the lane the whole way without solving it up which is about a quarter mile. I have a pair of saddlebags for him when he gets a little older so he can carry his own food and drink on hikes. And I have a plan to hit your harness up to him with a wagon and have him carry the trash the quarter mile up the lane and then roll the wagon back so that'll give him a half mile with a little bit of load on in keeping busy I will see what else I can do with him I'd like to put him in schutzhund training I've never done that myself with Labradors so maybe I'll try to seek out somebody that doesn't for some assistance

Last edited:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I raised three top quality Labradors that doesn't mean I took them to competition or anything but as far as taking them hunting or behavior wise they were perfect. Using the same method with this dog but I have noticed he tends to be a bit more nippy then my Labradors so we're working on that. I did expect him to be more nippy because I chose a more dominant side dog then companion side dog based on what I want him to do . He just turned 13 weeks old and he knows sit down stay let's go outside And he carries my newspaper back the lane the whole way without solving it up which is about a quarter mile. I have a pair of saddlebags for him when he gets a little older so he can carry his own food and drink on hikes. And I have a plan to hit your harness up to him with a wagon and have him carry the trash the quarter mile up the lane and then roll the wagon back so that'll give him a half mile with a little bit of load on in keeping busy I will see what else I can do with him I'd like to put him in schutzhund training I've never done that myself with Labradors so maybe I'll try to seek out somebody that doesn't for some assistance

They're definitely a very 'mouthy' breed at least my two are. Even at two mine still are nippy with each other but they're both females and I guess that was a tough combination I wasn't aware of at the time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have had Husky's and Mutes. They are great dogs but not in the area you guys are on. They rarely if ever barked at something in the night. They would just go and kill it. Bring us back the corpse and sit waiting for approval. Yes they chased of a few that wondered inside the perimeter but were full stealth full speed ahead when they did it. Looking back I am glad no one was seriously injured.

We can no longer have any pets as the terrorists are seriously allergic. So I quietly dream of have a G Shepard knowing full well that is not gonna happen.

As to preps. We are set. Even up to and including the repelling of boarders.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    We have had Husky's and Mutes. They are great dogs but not in the area you guys are on. They rarely if ever barked at something in the night. They would just go and kill it. Bring us back the corpse and sit waiting for approval.

I had a husky mix. In her whole life, the only times she barked at night were when she was trying to kill something and that thing escaped up a tree.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a husky mix. In her whole life, the only times she barked at night were when she was trying to kill something and that thing escaped up a tree.

We had a male Mute. Huge animal. 2 female Husky's made up the group. Nothing escaped them unless it found a tree. The females would whine and yipe. The male would just post up and wait. I do miss all of them.

Top Bottom