• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Gradually entering this stuff is making it easier for them to get people used to it as being normal. NOT normal. Rant over

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Drag queens are pretty normalized as it is. Normal is pretty subjective. They are harmless for crying out loud.

Watch the video. Nothing normal about it to me. Plus the security was plentiful. I know by promoting running races on Saturday mornings how hard it is to get manpower for an event.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It sounds like the parents made a conscious decision to take their kids, so I’m not sure what the issue is. I don’t put on dresses and makeup, but I don’t really care if someone else does. And if someone wants to take their kids to see it, that’s also not my business.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It sounds like the parents made a conscious decision to take their kids, so I’m not sure what the issue is. I don’t put on dresses and makeup, but I don’t really care if someone else does. And if someone wants to take their kids to see it, that’s also not my business.
    Are you OK with public funds promoting this event?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Use of a public library and SECURITY. Don't make me go get my crayons and draw a fricking picture! I could go on but I'll wait for your negative response. :):

I don’t see why you have to be insulting. No, I have no more of an issue with the library providing a forum for these people than for an author I don’t like or a knitting club I don’t attend. From your article, it was so popular they had to turn hundreds of people away. It seems like there were enough people in the community who found value in it to justify use of the space. It seems like you don’t care about those hundreds of people because it violates your own moral compass.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I don’t see why you have to be insulting. No, I have no more of an issue with the library providing a forum for these people than for an author I don’t like or a knitting club I don’t attend. From your article, it was so popular they had to turn hundreds of people away. It seems like there were enough people in the community who found value in it to justify use of the space. It seems like you don’t care about those hundreds of people because it violates your own moral compass.

You are exactly right. I don't care about the people that support this. I care about the people that oppose this.
    My moral compass is pointing in the correct direction.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    You are exactly right. I don't care about the people that support this. I care about the people that oppose this.
    My moral compass is pointing in the correct direction.

I think all people should have a reasonable doubt in their moral compass. Has your moral compass been the same for, lets say, your adult life? Is every decision based on your moral compass perfect? if either answer is "no" then you've already doubted your moral compass before.

"One of the most painful things of our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those who have any imagination or understanding are filled with doubt and indecision. Let doubt prevail." - Bertrand Russell

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think all people should have a reasonable doubt in their moral compass. Has your moral compass been the same for, lets say, your adult life? Is every decision based on your moral compass perfect? if either answer is "no" then you've already doubted your moral compass before.

"One of the most painful things of our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those who have any imagination or understanding are filled with doubt and indecision. Let doubt prevail." - Bertrand Russell

My moral compass has always been pointed in the same direction. I have not always followed it but keep trying.:ingo:

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    My moral compass has always been pointed in the same direction. I have not always followed it but keep trying.:ingo:

Touche. I maintain (along with some others in this thread) that as long as it didn't take unreasonable public resources to provide for the event, there's nothing particularly wrong with it, imo.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    X6Ednck.gif

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I have no concern with how a person chooses to live their life as long as it doesn't violate the non aggression principle.

Want to dress up in dresses and shove whole corn cobs up your ass? Fine with me since it doesn't impact my life.

Want to do the same but with a child or an adult against their will? Big problem with it at that point.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have no concern with how a person chooses to live their life as long as it doesn't violate the non aggression principle.

Want to dress up in dresses and shove whole corn cobs up your ass? Fine with me since it doesn't impact my life.

Want to do the same but with a child or an adult against their will? Big problem with it at that point.
    Yeah, we call that "rape".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In the modern era of bad grammar thanks to social media and texting, I'm in favor of anything that promotes actual literacy.

Freedom: because you won't always agree with everything.

Top Bottom