• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Freedom is a great thing. Would I have exposed my young, impressionable children to this circus? Probably not.

I think this is an important point. The parents who brought their children to the event did so by choice. They didn’t hold this event at school or on a field trip. I just can’t understand why someone would take issue with this event rather than deciding they don’t agree with it and moving on with life. Instead, some seem to think the government should block peaceful and lawful assemblies simply because a certain percentage of people have a moral issue with it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think this is an important point. The parents who brought their children to the event did so by choice. They didn’t hold this event at school or on a field trip. I just can’t understand why someone would take issue with this event rather than deciding they don’t agree with it and moving on with life. Instead, some seem to think the government should block peaceful and lawful assemblies simply because a certain percentage of people have a moral issue with it.

So Child Abuse or Endangerment. :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What public funds? Are the drag queens being paid?

Let's put it this way-

This is an officially sanctioned public library event. Money, no money, whatever. With a controversial issue, and it is controversial, why is the library taking a position...which they are.

Think not? Try to get equal time at the library, with the library promoting it, for people to read say, some passages from the Bible and discuss why not confusing genders is important.

The drag queens? Obviously, they can say and do what they want and people can make choices about what they expose their children to. It would be nice for a public facility to remain completely neutral.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Let's put it this way-

This is an officially sanctioned public library event. Money, no money, whatever. With a controversial issue, and it is controversial, why is the library taking a position...which they are.

Think not? Try to get equal time at the library, with the library promoting it, for people to read say, some passages from the Bible and discuss why not confusing genders is important.

The drag queens? Obviously, they can say and do what they want and people can make choices about what they expose their children to. It would be nice for a public facility to remain completely neutral.

I am in favor of the try-to-get-permission-for-Bible-readings at the library approach. It is likely a public venue, so there can (basically) only be time/place/manner restrictions.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am in favor of the try-to-get-permission-for-Bible-readings at the library approach. It is likely a public venue, so there can (basically) only be time/place/manner restrictions.

I agree....and if I cared a great deal about it and it were in my area (one possible, one not), I would.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Man, how bad must the entertainment in your area be if this is what bubbled to the top of answers to ‘What do you want to do tonight?’.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

This is is how I view it as well. It’s a public space. If the library told drag queens they couldn’t do this event, it seems like it would open a whole can of worms.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Marxist doctrine being fulfilled right here!:facepalm:

Neo-Marxist identity politics based on equality of outcome

They advertised this event. Parents CHOSE to bring their kids. If this guys wants to be a drag queen, great. If parents want him to read to their kids, great. I don't see the problem nor the Marxist connotations. Is this furthering the concept of egalitarianism? While I could see this argument maybe used for protected classes, a man dressing up as a women for entertainment purposes does not fit.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    They advertised this event. Parents CHOSE to bring their kids. If this guys wants to be a drag queen, great. If parents want him to read to their kids, great. I don't see the problem nor the Marxist connotations. Is this furthering the concept of egalitarianism? While I could see this argument maybe used for protected classes, a man dressing up as a women for entertainment purposes does not fit.

I agree with you, look at my earlier posts in the thread, I was just clarifying how it's tied to Marxism. Trying to elevate certain individuals because of their perceived "marginalized identity" is a part of neo-Marxism

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    Actually prayer was supposed to be taken out of public education in 63. It basically cannot be mandated by the education system. Liberal states have been the battleground for removing any and everything Christian from public forum and space. Yet, now Islam is being snuck in. Indiana remained a bastion of Freedom where Liberal policies left us alone much longer than our neighbors.

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    Bondo77.wordpress.com did a piece on Marxism in the last week or so. There are 26 rules for taking down westrrn civilizations that are well under way, that Karl Marx listed. The list is almost complete. I am trying to learn how to Social Media. This site is quite complex, but I have learned a couple things, like today I found out how to check on posts. I have been paying attention to a lot of political stuff. There is a new Social media site stealing Facebook and Twitter users. This is Christian Conservative uncensored replacement fo Fakebook. USA.LIFE.COM

Top Bottom