• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Now IS absolutely the time to speak up and fight for our rights. If not now, then when?

I never said it's now is not the time to fight. I do understand that we all have to speak up for our rights. Now, later, always. That is the exact reason I wrote my issues with the NRA down. I want to be able to help them, anyone, protect our rights. I was simply explaining why I hesitated.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Unless you're stupid.

If it wasn't for the NRA, you wouldn't be here on this forum, nor would you have any guns or any concept of gun culture.

You can moan about their actions all you like, but they're the only ones with pockets deep enough to stand up to the tidal waves of anti-gunners in office.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You just insulted a whole bunch of gun owners. What do you call that? :dunno:

I call it Divided We Stand....... and that ain't smart.

It is most likely his opinion of us all. This is why we as a group will never succeed at the level we should. If we could become one voice instead of splintered groups it would be amazing.

You are correct Dduck...we are divided.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Quite a few people focusing on a single line of the OP.

I didn't take it as a personal insult... just a general label. Which is something we all tend to do when an org does something stupid.

Example, completely made-up:

Meijer states they will be donating 90% of all profit to EveryTown anti-gun groups.

I make a thread on INGO about it:

"This is why you never should shop at meijer... unless you're stupid."

No, OP isn't personally calling everyone here stupid... people thinking this are just looking to pick a fight. OP has qualms about the NRA. Lots of people do lately. Stop focusing on the one word that triggered you and focus on the actual topic: NRA doing ****-all for the 2A lately.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I thought his words were pretty clear. He didn't start the thread as a rational conversation. He decided to preach AT us and assign blame to other members on here. His message was obvious, it's OUR fault and HE knew/knows better. That's the way it reads to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought his words were pretty clear. He didn't start the thread as a rational conversation. He decided to preach AT us and assign blame to other members on here. His message was obvious, it's OUR fault and HE knew/knows better. That's the way it reads to me.

It could be taken that way. But using that post to show the obvious divisions we as gun owners have is a plus.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If it wasn't for the NRA, you wouldn't be here on this forum, nor would you have any guns or any concept of gun culture.

You can moan about their actions all you like, but they're the only ones with pockets deep enough to stand up to the tidal waves of anti-gunners in office.

The strength of the NRA is not "IT'S" deep pockets! The strength of the NRA is in it"s "ROOTS". US! Yesterday the NRA'S pockets got deeper, and I hope and pray that it's roots spread greatly. In fact the roots got stronger, because we NRA are more united because of the grass roots drive that just took place.

The organization did not call for a money bomb. It was the organism that decided to shoot up with steroids to stand against a powerful enemy.

We the NRA will stand shoulder to shoulder and fight for the rights of the OP and other detractors in this thread.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    There are Anti's on here also. Notice the day he posted this

Yep - Whenever I see someone screeching against the NRA and demanding that we abandon the oldest civil rights organization in the country, I know I am dealing with someone who supports the opposition. The idea that we should dismantle the NRA over bump-stocks is ludicrous.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    The strength of the NRA is not "IT'S" deep pockets! The strength of the NRA is in it"s "ROOTS". US! Yesterday the NRA'S pockets got deeper, and I hope and pray that it's roots spread greatly. In fact the roots got stronger, because we NRA are more united because of the grass roots drive that just took place.

The organization did not call for a money bomb. It was the organism that decided to shoot up with steroids to stand against a powerful enemy.

We the NRA will stand shoulder to shoulder and fight for the rights of the OP and other detractors in this thread.
    :+1:
    Spot on.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    Click on "Read Forum Posts" from the OP. He is Anti military, anti NRA, and pretty alone in his believe on most topics here.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Click on "Read Forum Posts" from the OP. He is Anti military, anti NRA, and pretty alone in his believe on most topics here.

Huh. I don't interpret his posts that way. He joined GOA instead of NRA, for one thing. I don't like the "stupid" comment in the beginning of this thread but I see no reason to pile on the guy in general.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Huh. I don't interpret his posts that way. He joined GOA instead of NRA, for one thing. I don't like the "stupid" comment in the beginning of this thread but I see no reason to pile on the guy in general.

Lumping the entire forum........that is not a real smart way to make a point.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis

I'm with CM on this one. This is a proportionate response to an ill-advised (clumsy, at best) post. Take your medicine.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy

When a guy states he is anti military and anti LEO, he has lost lot of friends. LOOK AT HIS POST HISTORY.

frostymonk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Many people here still believe they voted for a conservative, they will come to see otherwise. But the NRA is the best tool for the job, if by no means perfect.

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    spelling

So you're unhappy with the NRA, have you done anything but cry about it? Did you contact them and let them know? Attend any events and voice your opinion? Did you send in your ballot? They will never change unless they know we the members want it.

Top Bottom