• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't think it's fair to blame the NRA for the bumpstock ban. I think that by kicking it back to the ATF for review when they knew that the ATF had already reviewed and approved them, they were trying to buy time while the storm blew over and the headlines cleared.

Obviously their strategy was ultimately not effective because it allowed people to say "the NRA supports banning bumpstocks", but it probably would have worked out in the end if Trump had shut the hell up about them. Trump ordered the DOJ to ban them and that means that this is Trumps fault.

:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I don't think it's fair to blame the NRA for the bumpstock ban. I think that by kicking it back to the ATF for review when they knew that the ATF had already reviewed and approved them, they were trying to buy time while the storm blew over and the headlines cleared.

Obviously their strategy was ultimately not effective because it allowed people to say "the NRA supports banning bumpstocks", but it probably would have worked out in the end if Trump had shut the hell up about them. Trump ordered the DOJ to ban them and that means that this is Trumps fault.

:twocents:
    To some, everything is Trump's fault.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I joined both. Lifetime for the NRA though. If I like the GOA I may see about their lifetime if they have one.
    I joined the NRA to make a positive change. I'm one vote but as a lifetime member my vote and voice does count. Together we are many votes and dollars. Let's fix the NRA. We can change it. Become a lifetime member. I think you can get a lifetime membership for as little as $600 and I seen where you can even make payments on it!! Very awesome for people. There's no reason not to.
    I wanted the leather jacket so I paid as little more and you have to pay upfront. Also well worth it in my opinion. Wear it with pride and melt the snowflakes. I'd LOVE for one of those nuts to get up in my face so I can calmly laugh at them and make crybaby faces at them.
    The NRA isnt perfect but it's the strongest and largest group in the USA that supports the 2nd amendment and it does strike fear into liberals. So I support the NRA. And believe me, I've been very vocal about things the NRA has said and done that I didn't like only now they WILL listen to me.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    To some, everything is Trump's fault.

I'm not a NeverTrumper, I was very happy he got elected and I'm happy with much of what he has done. However, when any politician screws up, they need to hear about it from their constituents. And frankly, the left is doing a much better job of that right now than the right.

I'd rather Trump hear it from his supporters now, rather than at the voting booth in 2020.

I blame the ATF. Reversing an established ruling due to political pressure is in no way an objective interpretation by a regulatory agency.

Bureaucrats gonna bureaucrat.

I joined both. Lifetime for the NRA though. If I like the GOA I may see about their lifetime if they have one.
    I joined the NRA to make a positive change. I'm one vote but as a lifetime member my vote and voice does count. Together we are many votes and dollars. Let's fix the NRA. We can change it. Become a lifetime member. I think you can get a lifetime membership for as little as $600 and I seen where you can even make payments on it!! Very awesome for people. There's no reason not to.
    I wanted the leather jacket so I paid as little more and you have to pay upfront. Also well worth it in my opinion. Wear it with pride and melt the snowflakes. I'd LOVE for one of those nuts to get up in my face so I can calmly laugh at them and make crybaby faces at them.
    The NRA isnt perfect but it's the strongest and largest group in the USA that supports the 2nd amendment and it does strike fear into liberals. So I support the NRA. And believe me, I've been very vocal about things the NRA has said and done that I didn't like only now they WILL listen to me.

#MeToo

Currently just annual memberships for me though.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    But when you're preached a certain thing(s) since birth and fail to wake up and start your own research you keep following the carrot. So its easier for that person holding the carrot to spin you how they want even when a better meal is provided no strings attached.

I use to think like many of the younger end of my millennial generation. I thought someone else will take of me after school, a job would be handed to me, I would make 65k off the bat, Pro Choice, I thought I was going to have it easy in life. After I graduated HS in 04 I went into the Corps and my whole outlook on life changed. I realized I had to be self sufficient, things weren't just going to be handed to me,and I needed to have a plan when my time was up. I therefore became more conservative on issues which seems to be the case in those who wake up from the spoon feeding you get as a kid and while in school.
    Wow! I know I never operated under of any of these assumptions, prior or post service...."91. If anything, as I've grown older, I've shifted more to center from right.....their carrots taste like crap too....if you need a carrot to guide you through your decisions that is. Both carrots set one up with unrealistic expectations...followed by a jaded reversal....setting up blind allegiance to the partisan network, and subsequent mouthpiece politician, of choice. I become more and more convinced that this is by design, and our predictable drink the Kool-Aid type behavior ensures success. Common sense lies between all the noise, insulting rhetoric, and partisan positioning....if we have truly allowed media and politics to damage our ability to compromise, give and take, admit fault, and/or just basically learn......then the future might definitely be a sketchy one for our country. Regarding the 2A...its the "all or nothing", and "nothing at all" positions pushed by both ends that lead to misrepresentations and unrealistic fears. Now to be real....the repealing of 2A is not going to happen, but what's ironic is that its the inability to concede any type of sensible controls that breeds its vocalization from the left to begin with.....creating a negative feedback loop by which organizations optimize to maximize profits. I have never thought the slope to be as slippery as advertised.....but remain cautiously guarded to say the least. But, I have never thought universal, functional background checks would impeded my 2A right...maybe make it a little more difficult for F2F purchases....but I will still gladly meet at a shop to make it happen if necessary. One could also look at it as a preservation measure....purely from a proactive standpoint. As I write all of this feel good crap though.....I realize that in reality; a compromise of protecting 2A with universal checks and red flag enforcement will never happen, because therein lies a possible solution resulting in all of the current money funnels starving for cash.....unacceptable by the big wheels and politicians.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow! I know I never operated under of any of these assumptions, prior or post service...."91. If anything, as I've grown older, I've shifted more to center from right.....their carrots taste like crap too....if you need a carrot to guide you through your decisions that is. Both carrots set one up with unrealistic expectations...followed by a jaded reversal....setting up blind allegiance to the partisan network, and subsequent mouthpiece politician, of choice. I become more and more convinced that this is by design, and our predictable drink the Kool-Aid type behavior ensures success. Common sense lies between all the noise, insulting rhetoric, and partisan positioning....if we have truly allowed media and politics to damage our ability to compromise, give and take, admit fault, and/or just basically learn......then the future might definitely be a sketchy one for our country. Regarding the 2A...its the "all or nothing", and "nothing at all" positions pushed by both ends that lead to misrepresentations and unrealistic fears. Now to be real....the repealing of 2A is not going to happen, but what's ironic is that its the inability to concede any type of sensible controls that breeds its vocalization from the left to begin with.....creating a negative feedback loop by which organizations optimize to maximize profits. I have never thought the slope to be as slippery as advertised.....but remain cautiously guarded to say the least. But, I have never thought universal, functional background checks would impeded my 2A right...maybe make it a little more difficult for F2F purchases....but I will still gladly meet at a shop to make it happen if necessary. One could also look at it as a preservation measure....purely from a proactive standpoint. As I write all of this feel good crap though.....I realize that in reality; a compromise of protecting 2A with universal checks and red flag enforcement will never happen, because therein lies a possible solution resulting in all of the current money funnels starving for cash.....unacceptable by the big wheels and politicians.

Always follow the money. Always.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Agreed on all points, except the "stupid" part. Id go with stubbornness, turning a blind eye or gullible. Trump had no business making it out of the primaries. However, Ive learned a lot about the current state of gun owners. Many will/have turned on the 2A. Many couldnt care any less about the potential of semi auto rifles getting banned. Theyre okay with their .308 bolt gun and cant see the use for AR15's for civilian ise.

I personally have no use for bolt guns, muzzle loaders, bump stocks or binary triggers but do not want them regulated. The selfishness being exhibited amongst gun owners, starting with the NRA, is the root of the issue here.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I personally have no use for bolt guns, muzzle loaders, bump stocks or binary triggers but do not want them regulated. The selfishness being exhibited amongst gun owners, starting with the NRA, is the root of the issue here.
    the giffords group came out with a list of “the next bumpstock” near Christmas last year, it included things like “large caliber ammunition” AR/AK pistols, and muzzleloaders... because those evil muzzleloaders are cash and carry, which makes them a public nuisance

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    the giffords group came out with a list of “the next bumpstock” near Christmas last year, it included things like “large caliber ammunition” AR/AK pistols, and muzzleloaders... because those evil muzzleloaders are cash and carry, which makes them a public nuisance

The framers never intended us to have muzzle loaders!

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Agreed on all points, except the "stupid" part. Id go with stubbornness, turning a blind eye or gullible. Trump had no business making it out of the primaries. However, Ive learned a lot about the current state of gun owners. Many will/have turned on the 2A. Many couldnt care any less about the potential of semi auto rifles getting banned. Theyre okay with their .308 bolt gun and cant see the use for AR15's for civilian ise.

Where do I begin?

Learned a lot about gun owners? from whom? the MSM?

"I personally have no use for....... " but the NRA is selfish?

Did you lose track of the number of primaries President Trump won vs. 16 seasoned GOP thumpers?

NRA took a position on slide fire stocks after the Vegas shooting that they crossed the line which defines and exceeds "semiiautomaic".

Reasoned thoughts about the 2A are always being evaluated by the leadership of NRA and members of the NRA.

Think it through and you might find that you can support the NRA because they support the 2A.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'd be nice if we as a group would find positive alternatives to our common problems rather than trash others for NOT believing exactly as we do individually.

Rather than going out of one's way to trash the only real working voice/lobby that speaks for us, point us to a realistic alternative. Or maybe create one? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, Let us start the ARPO, the American Rifle and Pistol Organization. We stare out with 1 Lobbyist and ten members. Three of then disagree with our stance and quit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK, Let us start the ARPO, the American Rifle and Pistol Organization. We stare out with 1 Lobbyist and ten members. Three of then disagree with our stance and quit.

In these times of easily butt hurt and angry people we will never stand as a group. Hell how many voted 3rd party (absolutely wasting a vote) in "Protest" of the established system. Who heard those protests. No one. NADA. Well for once those "Protest" votes did not help the Dems but man, we are so scattered.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So, you are not against universal background checks? You think they are a solution? A solution to what?

Study your history and you will find that UBCs do absolutely nothing to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Without knowing who has the guns, how do you know when a transfer has been made without a check?

The facts is that nothing short of magically making ALL of the guns disappear will stop people from using them to do bad things.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, you are not against universal background checks? You think they are a solution? A solution to what?

Study your history and you will find that UBCs do absolutely nothing to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Without knowing who has the guns, how do you know when a transfer has been made without a check?

The facts is that nothing short of magically making ALL of the guns disappear will stop people from using them to do bad things.

In this the system failure has given us the last group of mass shooters. The system is not working yet the snowflakes want a bigger system.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sure has worked in England.

image.jpg

Top Bottom