This minor thing is starting to work my nerves. Gun safety.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I'll have to go through my old pics and see but 99% certain we were still doing the same then as I still do now in 1st CIV DIV.

Im quite certain they do...I know when my little one pushes the Grass Weeks and Tables that he has instructed at Palms, Schwab and Foster the finger is extensively discussed...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Meh.
    I was taught a long time ago to keep my booger-hook off the bang-switch.
    Exactly where someone places said appendage is not really important to me as long as it works for them and nothing happens until it's supposed to.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Wrapping my trigger finger around the grip forces my hand down the grip and when I move it to the trigger it leaves a between the top of my hand and the frame, where I want snug contact.

Coach sorted me out on my grip.
    Coach needs to get his ass back to work.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    As a child, I was taught to keep my finger outside but over the opening of the trigger guard, to protect it from brush while hunting.

Later in life I decided to take civilian defensive training classes, and was then taught to keep the trigger fingertip touching the slide. There is no way I can handle a gun correctly, and be comfortably able put my trigger finger under the trigger.

Becoming a competitive shooter, gave me another reason to keep my finger high. If you don't put your finger high on the slide, you are sure to get "finger" calls, or possibly DQs. Safety Officers are sometimes looking through the off-hand side to make sure you're finger is out of the trigger guard while moving.

All in all, why is "the correct way every time" all of a sudden the wrong way ? And as far as Hours on End, slings and holsters.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I don't think they were, It was instilled to me in my youth and burned in by the USMC and its still a popular thing with those silly Jarheads.
    Heres mine from last year and the other one a few months ago.

View attachment 90285

View attachment 90286

Silly Jarheads, keeping loaded weapons secure...

View attachment 90287

Well, your pictures proved my point.

Photo opportunity. "Hey, let's take a picture"!

It's not combat. It's not at the range where firing is imminent.

First picture. There's one guy with his weapon slung, one hand in his "Air Force Glove" ;). There's 3 or 4 guys who don't even have their hands on the pistol grips. No need. It's just a picture. Then there's a bunch of guys sticking their fingers out for no reason other than Safety Signalling.

Second pic, maybe that guy is in some stuff, maybe he ain't.

Third pic, none of them have a finger anywhere near a trigger. No need to posture. Just friends, taking a pic together. Is it unsafe that those guys are not posturing with their hands on the pistol grips, fingers pointing like they want to stick it in something? No, of course not.

Look, some of you are missing the point. It's not about what you do in training, or competition, or combat, or home invasion, or the asteroid nuclear alien invasion apocalypse. It's about those of you who post your glam pics on social media sites like Snapchat, or Twitter, or Facebook, or INGO, and MUST stick your finger out there to demonstrate how safety conscious you are. Stop it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

First picture. There's one guy with his weapon slung, one hand in his "Air Force Glove" ;). There's 3 or 4 guys who don't even have their hands on the pistol grips. No need. It's just a picture. Then there's a bunch of guys sticking their fingers out for no reason other than Safety Signalling.

Third pic, none of them have a finger anywhere near a trigger. No need to posture. Just friends, taking a pic together. Is it unsafe that those guys are not posturing with their hands on the pistol grips, fingers pointing like they want to stick it in something? No, of course not.

Look, some of you are missing the point. It's not about what you do in training, or competition, or combat, or home invasion, or the asteroid nuclear alien invasion apocalypse. It's about those of you who post your glam pics on social media sites like Snapchat, or Twitter, or Facebook, or INGO, and MUST stick your finger out there to demonstrate how safety conscious you are. Stop it.

Holy crap and peanuts man. That's not why we (us here at the mouse compound) do this.
    So you stop it.

Crap sake man.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Oh for **** sake can you just shut the **** up already? You are encouraging terrible habits. This IS how we train. My finger is in the same spot whether I am posing for a photo op or clearing my house when I hear a bump in the night. Its muscle memory. Its also safety, which must be followed in ALL situations.

Just goes to show... just because someone claims to have been in the military, doesn't mean they know **** about handling a firearm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom