• ...and so much more!
  • Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    This makes me so mad I could vomit. :xmad:

But the experts say that you, my sister, and all the other people I have met who have had horrible reactions to vaccines are supposedly the rare 0.00000000000000000000000001%. Its just bull**** to sell their quack drugs.

I have a friend who also developed a cyst shortly after receiving Gardasil too, so it's not the small percentage they want you to think. You aren't even allowed to stand up from the chair for a few minutes after having it because it hurts THAT bad and people were passing out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After they take a couple of tubes for my annual physical, they tell me to sit for a few minutes also...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I did, but not by choice. It was required because I was volunteering at a hospital at that time. And yes, I think it was right that was forced on me.

So you were forced to volunteer? Is that a new Obama program?

I think you mean to say you chose to accept the vaccination because you placed a high value on being able to volunteer. Unless you were there as part of court-ordered community service (which could probably be thrown out on the vaccine requirement, but that is a different story) you voluntarily accepted the vaccine.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    How can a single mother who needs to work full time to put food on the table home school her kids?

I guess if she went on welfare or something its possible, but that seems to be trading one evil (non-reliance on yourself and your own means) for another (public schools)

With commitment and determination, and sometimes help from friends who care.

Welfare is not a requirement for a single mom to work full time and homeschool; I have seen this firsthand on more than one occasion.

Maybe we homeschoolers can just think outside of the box a little better ;)

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    No person should have the power to force another person to accept an injection of any kind. Slick Rick will pay a heavy political price for his ill-advised executive order.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I am not sure if I totally understand what this video is about...

Is it a mandatory vaccination without an opt-out? Is the decision actually being taken from the parents, or is vaccination just considered standard without an opt-out?

I am against mandatory vaccinations ideally, but I do not consider opt-out a "mandatory" vaccination...

Do they get the choice? Is "forced" and "mandatory" hyperbolic phrasing?

I think even an opt-out has to be done right... you cannot vaccinate them without giving a parent the option of opting out, even if it is considered standard practice... why not make the DECISION mandatory? You MUST fill out this form, choosing one or the other...

Why is opt-out vs opt-in even a debate? Because it is a polarizing issue that circumvents politicians from having to debate other issues.... debating economic policy is hard, ya know...

I think we should be honest with ourselves... without schools requiring either a vaccination or an opt-out form, a large number of parents would entirely overlook the decision altogether... parents that would otherwise choose to vaccinate their children would not even consider...

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think we should be honest with ourselves... without schools requiring either a vaccination or an opt-out form, a large number of parents would entirely overlook the decision altogether... parents that would otherwise choose to vaccinate their children would not even consider...
    You say that as if its a bad thing. If vaccine science is too weak to stand up without compulsion from the government, then let the free market decide.

Why should government compel any health care decisions? Is that what government is about? Nannying us at every turn?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You say that as if its a bad thing. If vaccine science is too weak to stand up without compulsion from the government, then let the free market decide.

Why should government compel any health care decisions? Is that what government is about? Nannying us at every turn?
    I have never thought of it quite that way.
    Very excellent point. I can talk to my doctor about what is good for me.

Top Bottom