• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Since this is your 20th I bet we could all learn alot from you, happy anniversary.
    Also,
    She needs to remember this on your 25th anniversary and get you a belt fed MG;)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've had excellent service from B&H and never had a problem. They always had what I wanted and never tried to substitute and item or sell me a bunch of BS I didn't want. But anywayyyyyy.... Allen you did good. :yesway:

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    This is the key to a happy successful marriage right here. ALWAYS put the needs of your partner first. And when you BOTH do it, it's magic! If only one of you does it, then it doesn't work, feelings of resentment come into play, and things go downhill from there.

Congratulations on 20 years!!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    a little bitty one?

Since this is your 20th I bet we could all learn alot from you, happy anniversary.
    Also,
    She needs to remember this on your 25th anniversary and get you a belt fed MG;)

+1 on the anniversary wishes.
    How is the Razor, my friend? I hear you broke it already.:xmad: (Thread jacking in progress.) Speaking of BFMG's.

He better up his paygrade in the next 5 so she can afford to spend that much of his $.:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yes, the photography hobby is just as expensive as firearms. Even MORE expensive in initial start-up.

Good thing is that you don't have to get a $1000 DSLR right off the bat. A $700 Canon Rebel T2i with the kit lens is a FANTASTIC starting point.

The camera body itself doesn't need to be upgraded unless you're inclined to try and earn income from it. It's still very customizeable both in-camera directly or via computer software which is then uploaded to the camera. I know it's WAY more complicated for anything than I'll ever need.

And lenses don't NEED upgrading right away, either. Photography is mostly about having a "eye" for it and technique. Having the eye + proper technique = fantastic results no matter the equipment. Once you really hone your eye and technique, THEN you can wring just that last little bit of "pop" out of a shot with a $600+ lens. (technique = knowing lighting, metering, posing, rule of thirds, etc)

Unless your wife wants to "specialize" in a certain portion of photography...like shooting small things, called "macro" shooting. A dedicated macro lens, or at least a lens with a macro setting, is really needed right off the bat.

Don't be afraid of "off brand" lenses for the camera, either, when it's time. I LOVE my Tamron lens for my Canon camera. I've heard folks also like Sigma lenses. Both of these brands are considerably less expensive than Canon lenses. However, my own personal opinion is that I'll never buy a Sigma lens brand new. They're blatant rip-off artists who skirt trademarks / patents by reverse-engineering on at least the Canon lenses. I would, however, buy a used Sigma lens from a private individual as the company wouldn't be getting any of my money...

-J-

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    She will be needing a good macro lens. I am open to suggestions. photographing small figurines up close is one of the first items on her agenda :)

Suggestions?

Bought a Canon EOS 7D Camera

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    very very nice of you. pretty soon you will just wanna look at the deer instead of killing them. some old guys just get soft. ;)
    He can use the camera to take pictures of the deer. If she lets him borrow it, that is.

Kidding aside, great move! Great wives are the ultimate gift themselves...to quote the great philosopher Eddie: "it's the gift that just keeps on giving Clark".

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My 40th is Sunday. I got her a WWll Remington Rand1911 to go with her military memorabilia collection of her fathers. Then I took pictures of it with a crappy camera. (Oh well!) Congrats on 20 years....Sure goes fast doesn't it?

Top Bottom