• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrowningFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    I personally like the Ruger MKIII 22/45. I like the reliability of all the rugers and the handle angle of the 22/45 over the standard MKIII. Ruger also sells the SR22, very similar in size and features of the Walther (S&W) P22. My son has the P22 and has experienced poor performance from this gun. I haven't fired the SR22 but I would bet it is as reliable as the MKIII's or Ruger would lose their buts marketing a less reliable second to their first 22 pistol.
    For the price you can't beat them. If you like higher end guns with outstanding reliability, I would consider a Browning Buckmark or even the pricier High Standards. Both are extremely reliable and top quality guns of a collector quality.

Here is a link to a review of the buckmark from the perspective of someone considering the MKIII 22/45. Good Luck!

Gun Review: Browning Buckmark Camper | The Truth About Guns

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I am 100% glad I picked up my mkIII 22/45. Best bang for your buck. I picked mine up for about $300 new. And it has the pretty factory rosewood grips! Shoots right up there with some friends high standards, though the trigger is not as good.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The modern Ruger .22's are hard to beat for price and performance. However, if you want a pleasurable experience for target and pllnking, then any of the older High Standard .22's can be a pleasureable experience for you. Just buy one that is in good condition and examine it like you would for any used gun.

jdfast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    SW Indy
    I am 100% glad I picked up my mkIII 22/45. Best bang for your buck. I picked mine up for about $300 new. And it has the pretty factory rosewood grips! Shoots right up there with some friends high standards, though the trigger is not as good.

Volquartsen MK3 accurizing kit coupled with the tandemkross or mk2 hammer bushing will fix that. I did the work on my 22/45 Lite last night and compared the trigger pull side by side with a High Standard. Its close with the HS still being a little better. I still don't have the travel set perfectly though.

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Ruger lcr 22 is nice.. If but have a bad primer or misfire I just go to the next chamber... I too hated the Walther p22 and the pk380..just seemed to be low quality... My choice would be lcr or mark 3. If money was not object then Smith revolver in 22 but seems a waste for being north of 600 bucks

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    I have not seen it mentioned yet, but I have the Walther 1911 Colt Government clone which is imported by Umarex. I love this gun! They come in three flavors with a rail gun, Gold Cup, and Government model. I picked up some Colt rosewood grips with Colt medallions, to give it a little bit of style. It shoots great and has the same feel as the 1911, just a little lighter. I've put quite a few rounds through it, and so far have had no issues, and the accuracy is amazing.

Another cool .22lr pistol is the Beretta Neos which is a fantastic shooting gun as well. I wanted the look and feel of the 1911, so I went that direction.

amcdermott20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    GSG-5PK! Tons of fun and very reliable with the right ammo.

images

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    SW MP 22

Shot a friends brand new SW MP 22 yesterday at the range. With out a doubt, the best 22 pistol I have ever shot. Accurate, reliable and great trigger. Of course, this is my just my opinion.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I had a Ruger SR22. I know they get good reviews here. However, it was the worst gun I've ever owned.

Right out of the box it was constant misfeeds and failure to extract. Trigger was mushy and accuracy was way off compared to my larger caliber pistols. I hated it.

I traded it in toward a shotgun that I wanted. I will never own another .22 pistol.

Top Bottom