• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    I have a Compact 9 and really like it. I have put around 1000 rds. through it and had no problems. One thing that you may find is that it has some sharp edges namely the front part of the trigger guard where your supporting hand finger rests and the slide release and safety both have noticeable corners not a really big deal though

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I friggin love my bersa compact 9mm. I'd carry it everywhere if I could comfortably. no malfunctions with factory ammo.

I've also got a bersa thunder 22 (exact same pistol as the thunder 380s, but 22lr). It's a hoot to shoot, a little picky on ammo, but it's a 22 lol.

I see myself buying more bersa pistols in the future.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I had the compact and loved it. Sold it a little while back because I got itchy for something else. I already miss it. Thinking of getting another one. Never had a problem with it at all. The finish wasn't pretty but that's one of the reasons I liked it. Didn't have to worry about it. It was already funky.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had both the 9HC and the 9UC and still have a 45UC. All are great guns. They are probably one of the best choices for a new shooter. The trigger in SA was pretty nice and they are the easiest gun to disassemble for cleaning that I've ever seen. I carried my 9UC quite a bit and miss the gun now that I've parted with it. I'll probably end up buying another eventually.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    there is a 45uc for sale in the classifieds right now.

The guy has it at $380, which is about what you can buy a new one for from BudsGunShop.com, and it only has 1 mag (new ones come with 2)

Good luck dealing with him though...

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Is the barrel removable some of the bersa's in the past I seen had the barrel attached to the frame like the cheap ring of fire brands(jennings, bryco, cobra, davis, etc, etc)

The 9mm and 380s are two different designs. The 9mm does have a removeable barrel, but guns with fixed barrels should not be considered "cheap". That's simply a type of design. Granted the brands you mentioned above are considered sub-par. Bersa should not be associated with that group.

The 9mm bersa is known as an extremely reliable and great shooting handgun. They'll hold their own with beretta 92s, glocks, mps, and definitely ruger sr 9s.

Don't hesitate to get one.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I would add that the famous walther pp, ppk, and ppk(s) all have permanently attached barrels. The bersa 380s, 32s, and 22s are based off of this design.

The 9mm and 380s are two different designs. The 9mm does have a removeable barrel, but guns with fixed barrels should not be considered "cheap". That's simply a type of design. Granted the brands you mentioned above are considered sub-par. Bersa should not be associated with that group.

The 9mm bersa is known as an extremely reliable and great shooting handgun. They'll hold their own with beretta 92s, glocks, mps, and definitely ruger sr 9s.

Don't hesitate to get one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Bersa 380 and the Bersa 9mm are completely different designs. The 380s are good guns but the larger frame design are great guns. The large frame Bersa's are based on the Walther P88, which they closely copy. The smaller framed Bersa's in 22lr and 380 are similar to the Walther PPK but do differ from them significantly. I have had a number of the Bersa 380s and then bought a PPK/S only to find that the Bersa's were better guns out of the box. My PPK took a lot of tuning to get it to work as well as the Bersa's did from the start. My Bersa 9UC and 9HC were both top notch guns that I would not have hesitated to trust my life to. There's a good reason that Bersa's have such a strong following. They deliver great performance at a price point that the average person can afford.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Now that I think about it, the walther ppk did have a bunch of extra levers and springs under the slide that my bersa doesn't. They looked like they could pop off easily.

Top Bottom