Thoughts on Heritage Arms SA .22LR/.22WMR Revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm considering this for just a fun plinker. Seems I can pick them up for less than $200. Has anyone had any dealings with Heritage for customer service issues, or noticed any defects that should steer me away?

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have a rough rider with 9" barrel and it is fun to shoot. I don't know about their customer service as I have had no problems with mine.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    They are good cheap fun! You can spend more and get the Ruger Single 6 and have a gun to pass down for generations. Or you can buy the Heritage and enjoy it for many years. I love mine! They are not as well made as the Rugers but they are fine guns and should give you lots of enjoyment. I researched before I bought mine and read of a few people having some problems with them, but I don't remember much of the details. It was not enough to dissuade me from buying one. You might practice your google-fu if you don't get much response here.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What concerns me most is the first two I held were real solid, the 3rd at a store out of town was new and seemed to have alot more play and not build as well.

Thanks for your input.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have a Ruger Single Six and Heritage rough rider, both are a blast to shoot and feel good. Ruger is heavier, feels a bit better made, and the finish is way better. But, they Heritage shoots great, handles great, and I don't think you can beat it for a fun plinker. Mine has the 4 3/4" barrel and both cylinders, buy one and have fun! They shoot cheap bulk ammo like no other!

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    As always, thoroughly inspect any firearm before you buy it. The Heritage revolvers are inexpensive and as a result QC is not perfect. It seems like the people that make sure they start with a good one rarely have complaints. The bad ones seem to be bad out of the box. They are fun and a good alternative to the Ruger if you are looking for a plinker/tackle box/truck gun and not something to hand down for generations. I've not had any problems with mine and it's probably my most abused/used/neglected gun.

Btw, they are wicked fun! I used tracers in my 4 3/4" Heritage and was hitting an 8" target at 100 yards, that was a blast!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I love mine. It isnt as polished or refined as a ruger, but for what I paid for it, I am not complaining.
    The only issue I have had was the ejector rod broke on me the first week I had it. I found a replacement at Numerich for less than $10, and when it got here, it was actually metal instead of plastic with a steel rod.
    They are a load of fun, and accurate enough to shoot pop cans at 25 yds.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a 4 3/4 in barrel in mine and have nothing but good to say about it. It's been a great gun and has always been a fun plinker.

Toolman77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Heritage Arms .22lr/.22wmr

I bought one of these about a year ago just to have a inexpensive plinker. The gun is fun to shoot and I can afford the ammo to feed it. This is a good gun for the money. I have not had any issues with mine.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Bud's had the 6" version for $120 around father's day last year, so we bought two, one for me, and one for my wife's dad.

I've shot the heck out of mine, and it has preformed flawlessly, very accurate too.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have one I keep in my barn to dispatch critters that are after my chickens. It is a good reliable gun but nothing fancy. The 22 mag cylinder is a nice bonus with the gun but I don't use it much as 22 mag ammo is expensive.

Good gun for the money. I have no complaints. The safety on it is nice and easy to operate.

Last edited:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Pretty much as the others have said. I have a HRR 6 1/2" and have had the 4 3/4 in the past and enjoyed good service from each. I also have a Ruger 4 5/8" . Heritage makes a ( usually) great gun for the price. The Ruger is going to be more durable . My usual advice is, if you're going to shoot a couple bricks a year thru the gun get the Heritage. A couple a month, get the Ruger.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Fun gun! I love mine, Its no Ruger but its a lot cheaper too. I had to adjust one of the screws in the side plate on mine as it was too loose. If it is too tight it will basically lock the cylinder. That is the only issue Ive had. It was a quick fix and no trouble since,( that was 6 years ago) probly put close to 5,000 rounds through it total.

Scotty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Anderson
    I got one in a trade and it was missing the manual and trigger lock that comes in the box. I called them and they sent me both for free. I know most companys will send you the manual for free, but not the lock.

It's a fun little gun, love shooting it with my son.

Top Bottom