• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Doesn't appear to be a gangsta, thug, doper or tweaker, check.
    It's delusional to think you can know by appearance. I personally know some rough-looking guys who are upstanding citizens, and I know at least one person who presents himself well but is prohibited from owning firearms.

I don't often sell, but I'd still ask for DL and LTCH if I don't know the buyer. The legal minimum of not knowingly selling to a prohibited person is ridiculous - that's a loophole you can drive a truck through. As a responsible gun owner, I feel an obligation to do what I can to prevent a gun from falling into the wrong hands. It's sad that so many people don't seem to care.

And don't give me the line that "criminals don't follow laws anyway" - that's a cop out - why bother having laws in the first place?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... The legal minimum of not knowingly selling to a prohibited person is ridiculous - that's a loophole you can drive a truck through. As a responsible gun owner, I feel an obligation to do what I can to prevent a gun from falling into the wrong hands. It's sad that so many people don't seem to care...

If you are so concerned about going over and beyond what is legal in Indiana, why do a private sale at all?

Why not take your your sale item to an FFL to have the feds/NICS do that work AND take that responsibility that you seem very concerned about?

:dunno:

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    It's delusional to think you can know by appearance. I personally know some rough-looking guys who are upstanding citizens, and I know at least one person who presents himself well but is prohibited from owning firearms.

I don't often sell, but I'd still ask for DL and LTCH if I don't know the buyer. The legal minimum of not knowingly selling to a prohibited person is ridiculous - that's a loophole you can drive a truck through. As a responsible gun owner, I feel an obligation to do what I can to prevent a gun from falling into the wrong hands. It's sad that so many people don't seem to care.

And don't give me the line that "criminals don't follow laws anyway" - that's a cop out - why bother having laws in the first place?
    I'm not delusional, and I'm not a ****ing babysitter either. I've also been around the block more than most and I have a finely honed ******** detector.

If a felon or street thug wants to present himself as a fine upstanding citizen, that's not on me. Once they have proven residency and aren't flying any red flags, that's where my responsibility ends.

Some of you guys in here should apply for BATFE positions. You're already overqualified.

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    Seeing people still ask to see an LTCH (if you had one when needed) still makes a little sense to CYA, but not really necessary. Having the LTCH at least proved you had one and went through the checks to get it...doesn't necessarily mean you haven't become **** after.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    It's sad that so many people don't seem to care.
    No one has indicated they don't care, but many have stated that they look at other factors. Post history, feedback and who the feedback is from are a couple.

As stated by many, the LTCH only indicates that the person could pass a background check at the time that check was done.

Following the law is all that is needed to be legal. Any seller can go behind the minimum requirements. That's their choice.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...many have stated that they look at other factors. Post history, feedback and who the feedback is from...

This is what is important.

Too often "we" forget that this is an Indiana Gun Owner discussion forum that has the perk of a classified section for participating members. It is not the other way around. We are not Gunbroker, Armslist, eBay, Craig's List, reddit or any other harbinger for nameless/faceless sellers and buyers.

:twocents:

MrNewVegas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My guess is that you won't have the the oportunity to sell to us "tin foil hat guys" on INGO?

Again, please report back with any takers for your sale items...

scarjo_popcorn.gif
    Your worried about your personal info but want me to report any private sales to you....ok that makes alot of sense

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Your worried about your personal info but want me to report any private sales to you....ok that makes alot of sense

I'm not worried about anything, my friend. Especially not your :tinfoil:accusation.

My guess is that you won't have much, if any, luck selling your stuff the classifieds? But please let us know if you do. Love to hear about your "knowing better," being sucessful... ;)

Last edited:

MrNewVegas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I'm not worried about anything, my friend. Especially not your :tinfoil:accusation.

My guess is that you won't have much, if any, luck selling your stuff the classifieds? But please let us know if you do. Love to hear about your "knowing better," being sucessful... ;)

1 what accusations did I make?
    2 when did I say anything about "knowing better"
    3 i owe you nothing and won't be reporting anything to you...this was a post asking how do you handle private sale...I responded with my way of doing it....you are the one who had a problem with how I sale my property and are the one acting like you "know better"....opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all ****ing stink...now since obviously your parents didn't teach you I will...if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all...now gtfo somewhere with you holly that thou ********

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    3 i owe you nothing and won't be reporting anything to you...this was a post asking how do you handle private sale...I responded with my way of doing it....you are the one who had a problem with how I sale my property and are the one acting like you "know better"....opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all ****ing stink...now since obviously your parents didn't teach you I will...if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all...now gtfo somewhere with you holly that thou ********
    I see you'll be here "long time gi"

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Well then. I'm so glad you're able to teach us all a lesson on private sales ethics....and being a tough guy on the internet. I'm impressed.

Top Bottom