• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    I have become a big Sig Fan and looking at the 357 Sig Cartridge. Just wondering peoples experience with it and how they like it. also to get an older german frame or a newer all US? I reload so ammo cost is irrelevant.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The .357sig was my every day carry round for many years, in a full size Glock 31.
    I never owned an actual Sig pistol chambered in .357, have owned my share of Sigs for sure though.
    I love the round personally. I did end up selling my Glock and a good majority of the ammo, but did not sell all of my .357sig ammo, as I don't think I am completely done with that cartridge.

I did however sell off all my Sigs except one, a P238 (.380acp). After all these years I finally jumped on the Glock band wagon, and have again considered a G32 this is the same size pistol as a G19, just chambered in .357sig. I had a nice Gen. 3 Glock 32 for awhile and sold it off. I wouldn't mind a Gen. 4 G32.

As far as your other question, I would say most guys will suggest to stick to the German Sigs if you can find one in decent condition.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The 229 is a honey pie in .357 Sig. It'll definitely let you know it's gone off - but the mass helps to soak up the recoil. You can get a .40 S&W conversion barrel for it. If you come across one used - probably worth it to send it in for a spa treatment - all new springs & pins all the way around. That cartridge isn't exactly easy on a frame.

Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    I figured the Glocks would be snappy with the polymer frame. I have a few sigs so far. from west german, to german frame to a new Legion. Honestly they are all excellent. The original 229 German frame would be my 1st choice followed by probably a new elite or legion probably just to get a good trigger. I know you can get the 226 in a 357 as well but I like the thought of carrying it so 229 wins out. Now to find one. Want a 228 west german as well. 2 guns on my wish list

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    ^^^^^This!^^^^^

I bought my P229 in 40S&W just for this reason.

Same here. I got a CPO P229R in .40 from Bud's in great condition. Had a guy from the forum here install a SRT kit, installed a set of the new X-ray sights and got some Hogue extreme grips and then a .357 Sig barrel. Not the most accurate handgun I own, but shoots very well and is a hoot at the range. It's now my nightstand gun, with an extended mag and light/laser combo.

Here it is without the light/laser and extended mag (because why not post a pic) :D

WxqWenXh.jpg

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have 11x Sigs. I highly recommend getting a German frame. I had a couple of the US made Sigs and they didn't compare in craftsmanship you get with a W. German/German Sig.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I carry a Sig P229 in .357 Sig caliber.
    For defensive carry, I use Underwood 357 Sig 125 Grain Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point at Muzzle Velocity: 1475 fps, Muzzle Energy: 604 ft. lbs.
    I get bulk practice ammo at Georgia Arms.

I figure if this pistol is good enough for the Secret Service and the Air Marshals, it's good enough for me.

I also bought the OEM Sig .40SW barrel, as it's just a drop in and go deal.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Go w.german. you will be extremly happy with the quality. As a bonus, armslist seems to have a few floating around every once in a while. People never know what they have. My personal favorite is my west german p220. The guy thought it was a beat up old gun. Brought it home for under $400. Cleaned off all the grime and dust. Perfect working condition almost no wear. Shoots like a dream. I have since found many at <$500 in 75-90% condition.

Im a huge sig guy, but i never even thought about it. (Feeling stupid now but want some clarification)

What exactly needs to happen to convert a .40 to a .357 sig.

I have been dreaming of a .357 but a newborn put a stop to my firearm expansion. Thia would be awesome and the wife will bever find out. Haha

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Another +1 :yesway: for the 229 in .357 Sig. Has quite a bark to it especially at an indoor range. W.German is always preferred.

Another one is the 239 in .357 Sig. I think it was Han Solos backup. :cool:

:ingo:

Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    well your not going to find a 357 sig in a west german gun. It was developed in 1994. west germany and germany were united in 1990. lol. But you can still get a german frame and US slide. I have quite a few Sigs myself. Honestly comparing the west german to a New Legion, the Legion is some of Sigs finest work. Very tight, very crisp trigger. Now I have an Elite 220 Cary with a German frame that should be here in a few days. So all those same goodies with German Parts as well. I really am expecting Greatness from that. The 229 I definitely want an Elite if possible, you get spoiled with that short trigger reset. A german frame definitely would be a high priority. But I also would not say no to a new Legion 229 carry if I can find one.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    well your not going to find a 357 sig in a west german gun. It was developed in 1994. west germany and germany were united in 1990. lol. But you can still get a german frame and US slide. I have quite a few Sigs myself. Honestly comparing the west german to a New Legion, the Legion is some of Sigs finest work. Very tight, very crisp trigger. Now I have an Elite 220 Cary with a German frame that should be here in a few days. So all those same goodies with German Parts as well. I really am expecting Greatness from that. The 229 I definitely want an Elite if possible, you get spoiled with that short trigger reset. A german frame definitely would be a high priority. But I also would not say no to a new Legion 229 carry if I can find one.

It was my understanding that the triple serial number 229's were all German. (not W. German lol on me.). I could be wrong though...

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Of course Finding one is proving to be a royal pain in the rear.

A triple SN- Like 'hens teeth' almost. I almost purchased one years ago but I let it get away. I don't know if that was good judgement or not on my part. Depends on where you are on collecting Sigs. They can be quite addictive.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom