• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Only one tick so far this year....and I'm out in the weeds, woods or fields everyday .
    Chiggers are another story,I've had as many as 14/15 bites atone time and this is with DEET spray.
    Some people, like my neighbor are fortunate not to have any allergic reaction to chigger bites. Me on the other hand, itch me like krazzzy!!!
    Like poison ivy, I know some that can handle it & no reaction from it.
    Me on the other hand…

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Crazy thing-I was in the mountains in Idaho back in April. Morning temps were always in the teens-20’s. Highs mid to upper 30s.
    EVERY day, we were picking ticks off each other’s clothing & hunting backpacks. My bear hunting guide was always ahead of me and I prolly spotted 10-15 ticks each day crawling on his outer garments & backpack.Even after using bug spray‼️‼️
    We began calling em arctic ticks. They were a little slower moving than normal, but were on the move. Never seen anything like it

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    The hatch has begun in southern Indiana. 20+ on right ankle 6 on left. Up at 2am scratching. Bastages went through boot laces and through boots to ankles. Laces now treated.
    Eeeeks….that’s rough!!
    Years ago when we had our property surveyed, as we were walking through the woods of several acres the surveyor told me a product he uses as he walks in everything imaginable. He adds a capful of the product on the right into the washing machine.
    I do the direct spray method on my boots, pants, and shirt. It needs to dry before putting the clothes on your skin. It is NOT a direct skin application. I often spray my boots and lower pant legs while wearing them before heading out into the danger zone. Chiggers make me itch sooo bad, and Permethrin seems to work quite well on them and ticks too.
    I mentioned in an earlier post about the Arctic ticks in Idaho mountains in April. I sprayed my hunting clothes in advance with the Sawyer brand and only had 1 tick crawl on my clothing whereas my guide had multiple ticks on his daily.
    They both contain Permethrin and after spraying on clothing, the Sawyer brand says it is good for 5 washings afterwards. I buy the one on the right at Rural King in the pet section.

Attachments

• IMG_7743.jpeg
      IMG_7743.jpeg
      562.2 KB · Views: 14

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Last edited:

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I treated my yard with tick pellets from the box store, that helped a ton. Haven't got one since the treatment.

However my GSD was at the vet and it seems she got bit by a tick and has a tick born illness, not lyme. I forget what it was called but she's on antibiotics for 30 days. I used topical tick meds and the vet said they don't work as good as the oral ones. Vet said shes seen lots of tick cases and she recomends the oral meds and says to use them year round as ticks are active even in the winter. She also said there is a new tick in the area, that is real small and causing lots of problems.

I'm thinking I probably won't even deer hunt this year.

Top Bottom