• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While i agree to an extent, its the parents job to monitor your children and keep an eye on what they are doing. My daughters cell phone is linked to mine. I open an app and it shows every app she has accessed and how much time. I can look at her messages, phone calls, and search history from my phone. Helicopter parent? Maybe.

I dont think spying on a guy dancing to justin bieber on tiktok is a huge threat, especially when the government has done nothing about a congressman banging a chinese spy. We are going to ban tiktok but allow a member of government to sleep with a spy?

Always be skeptical of our government. I think since tiktok is not owned by a US company, they cannot force them to delete posts and control the information it allows, and they cant allow people to have the freedom to share information, so they banned it. They can control facebook. Look at the 2020 election and covid, how many posts were forced to be removed and flagged as misinformation… i truly believe that is why they banned it.

Hunter Biden is snorting coke off of a chinese spys belly button while sleepy Joe is misplacing documents all over the country and a congressman is sleeping with a chinese spy… that seems more of a threat than a guy browsing tik tok while sitting on the toilet.
    Just keep in mind that the Ukrainians were able to track and off a Russian officer by gaining access to his 'Fitbit' to survey his training habits and running routes

What could an adversary do if they can identify the children of a military or government official (which isn't very hard with location data) and then target the parents for direct action - especially since an unknown number of adversary fifth columnists have already poured across the border

Remember that in 2013 Snowden said the only way he would trust that the microphone or camera on a smart phone was really off would be if he took a soldering iron and disabled it himself. Tik Too would give an adversary a way to intercept data in and around the homes of its users. The CCP also employs hackers who are allowed to steal money at will as long as they also do black hat work for the state. They could use access gained through backdoors built into updates in order to create chaos as well

It seems stupid to lecture people on how to avoid phishing and malware while online but then allow them to maintain an open portal to some very lawless operators

eec075006e0db3d0936bdc66a930f619.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The correct bill should‘ve been to make any data collected, transferred from the user or there devices an opt in requirement for each specific piece of data pulled from the user’s device. And that data can not leave the state of origin. Also states may at their discretion place tighter controls on the data in question coming from their state residents. finally an opt in can not be used as a requirement to have full access to the app platform And it’s functions

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    TikTok is not a good platform, IMO. Is banning the answer, I do not know. I am ignorant when it comes IT / computer stuff at the level we are talking about. Is there a way to stop all this “bad” that goes on in these platforms? We hear about all the cyber attacks our enemies are throwing our way and how we seemingly cannot stop them; yet we do not want to stop tiktok?

If we cannot stop the attacks, the spying that goes on then can we stop the software? Why in the world are we, would we give our enemy another platform to spy and attack?
    There is a way to stop or atleast slow down untill stop programming out there, my wife who is a bazillion times smarter with tech then myself has put up a whole home defense on our network even comcast was baffled when we argued about our traffic on our network. Anyway they should have laws that "protect" people from these tech companies, but instead they support it.
    You know INGO is a form of social media, right?
    What what!!!! :lala:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If it's used for ChiCom spying it needs to die.
    If that part can be neutered then do that and leave the app available.

Don't worry it isn't going anywhere. To many bought off ChiCom politicians in the senate to make it go away or even fix it.

In the news...

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    So the House votes to ban TikTok 362-51-1 to ban TikTok.

I don't believe in bans.

TikTok absolutely is a Trojan horse for the CCP.

The Federal Government will use such legislation to shut down digital platforms of any opponent.
    You do know the federal government goes through Almost every text, phone call and email everyday. It keeps illegal lists of guns, does warrentless evesdroping, raids and all the while actively persecuting half of its citizens by putting them on list for what they buy, believe and worship. All while helping human traffickers and even at times actively bringing several hundreds of thousands themselves at night by plane. Even your local Indiana DMV captures and sells information to others. I believe recently laws changed so the federal government can actively monitor your personal Wi-Fi router. The people in power have actively pursued shipping jobs, pension money, sensitive equipment and technology to the red commies for past 30 years but NOW! NOW! NOW! They are concerned about my privacy and data collection from an app on my phone? WTF man? I mean really? Bigger piles of ******** you can’t find. You really have to tunnel through this mountain of ****! The people of the book 1984 had more freedom. There are entire industries built from the data collected just your car. But now they are concerned? PFFFFF! Concerned maybe those commie bastards are not paying for the information like the FBI has to.

Last edited:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    You do know the federal government goes through Almost every text, phone call and email everyday. It keeps illegal lists of guns, does warrentless evesdroping, raids and anll the while actively persecuting half of its citizens by putting them on list for what they buy, believe and worship. All while helping human traffickers and even at times actively bringing several hundreds of thousands themselves at night by plane. Even your local Indiana DMV captures and sells information to others. I believe recently laws changed so the federal government can actively monitor your personal Wi-Fi router. The people in power have actively pursued shipping jobs, pension money, sensitive equipment and technology to the red commies for past 30 years but NOW! NOW! NOW! They are concerned about my privacy and data collection from an app on my phone? WTF man? I mean really? Bigger piles of ******** you can’t find. You really have to tunnel through this mountain of ****! The people of the book 1984 had more freedom. There are entire industries build from the data collected just your car. But know they are concerned? PFFFFF! Concerned maybe those commie bastards are not paying for the information like the FBI has to.
    There is not one thing you said with which I disagree. One of the earlier posts put it best, We the People, the individuals that believe in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are cornered by the CCP and the CCP-owned American Bureaucracy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Read the bill before you even consider any arguments for or against it.

We're getting a bait and switch the same way they bait and switch everything else. Like banning armed security from schools with a bill called "Protecting schools."

This is clearly just a tool to shut down anything they want to, ala wikileaks.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    You think they are finally putting the screws to China with this and letting them get away with everything else they do?
    It has been an issue for years, it is not new. I think they cobbled together enough people who weren't bought on an issue.

The Orange Infringer and the Paul family have pals that stand to lose a lot of money from this. Not surprising to see them push communist party propaganda and talking points under the guise of "freedom"

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I don’t care about what happens to people dumb enough to use TT and left their info head off to the CCP. They’re clearly not smart enough to be an active participant of our society. Maybe the bill should read that anyone that has data taken by the use of TT will be removed from US soil within 30 days and sent to China.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It has been an issue for years, it is not new. I think they cobbled together enough people who weren't bought on an issue.

The Orange Infringer and the Paul family have pals that stand to lose a lot of money from this. Not surprising to see them push communist party propaganda and talking points under the guise of "freedom"

Or could it be that the issue is much more complex than these surface level white and black concerns, and you aren't considering just how impactful this piece of legislation could be to other platforms?

You already know the right answer. The easy answers and surface level answers are NEVER the truth of the matter.

If they cared about China's impact on the US the bill would be specifically only mentioning China. But it isn't, and it sets precedence to go after others.

It's easy to let your hatred of china blind you to the power players exploiting it to accomplish other agendas. I mean I hate them too, and was all onboard with a tiktok ban until I saw the verbiage of the bill.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I think anyone who uses “It has been an issue for years, it is not new” excuse should be banned. :lmfao:

That is the weakest of excuses there is…

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom