Not open for further replies.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I don’t care about what happens to people dumb enough to use TT and left their info head off to the CCP. They’re clearly not smart enough to be an active participant of our society. Maybe the bill should read that anyone that has data taken by the use of TT will be removed from US soil within 30 days and sent to China.
    Im highly offended by your stupidity! Blanketing people with bigotry bc they use TT?? You are the reason people dont like conservatives. Talk about a marble rolling around in a jar! You should stay under your rock! Or better yet isolate yourself from society!

Eveyone has always been respectful with their ideas and opinions on here. Which is awesome for a forum. Your post was not conducive to the community.

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    China has banned Facebook and other US social networks for years in China. So this is nothing new, and they have nothing to complain about.

There are other reasons that Tic Tok should not be banned (first amendment), the real solution though, is data privacy and data / social network manipulation laws with teeth that apply too all social networks including American ones to ensure data privacy, reduce 'manipulation en masse' by the social network company controlling what 'goes viral' and what doesn't...etc. (dark patterns, control of what you see on the 'feed', shady uses of user data..etc.)

In addition to banning US social media, ANY foreign company requires 51% Chinese ownership to operate inside China.

Maybe they'd like it if we only forced a 51% sale to the US get the same as foreign companies have to do there.

This bill is just another version of the Jones Act (Merchant Marine Act of 1920), where certain industry is required to be US owned and US operated to be permitted to operate within US.

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Im highly offended by your stupidity! Blanketing people with bigotry bc they use TT?? You are the reason people dont like conservatives. Talk about a marble rolling around in a jar! You should stay under your rock or in your trailer park! Or better yet isolate yourself from society!

Eveyone has always been respectful with their ideas and opinions on here. Which is awesome for a forum. Your post was not conducive to the community.
    Well since this is America, I’m not concerned that you were offended. Glad to know you make formal determination of valued posts on this forum. I’ll be sure to put you in my list of forum officials.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Im highly offended by your stupidity! Blanketing people with bigotry bc they use TT?? You are the reason people dont like conservatives. Talk about a marble rolling around in a jar! You should stay under your rock or in your trailer park! Or better yet isolate yourself from society!
    Did you just bash all trailer park residents?

”Blanketing people with bigotry bc they use trailer homes”?

IMG_1168.jpeg

Last edited:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Agreed. I was hoping this would not pass, talk about .gov overreach...

There are many, many ways the government overreaches.

This is not one of them.

One of the primary purposes of the government is to provide for the common defense.

Preventing a hostile government from mining our data falls into that category.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

This is not one of them.

One of the primary purposes of the government is to provide for the common defense.

Yet nothing about ancestry DNA or any of this stuff (I previously posted about)...

You surely aren't buying that this is really about TikTok, are you?

Screenshot_20240313_233737_Chrome.jpg

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso

This is not one of them.

Yet the border stays open? And multiple company's mine our data?

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I’m going to say this just once if you use Tik Tok…

You are a sellout plain and simple.
    Sell out is totally acceptable and I tell my wife that all the time. But to tell her she is dumb, waste on society brain dead, and needs to be booted out of the us like the troll named shadow! Well that crosses a line of being a pure ace in hole. I bet my wife is by far more professional, productive to society then his simple mind.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sell out is totally acceptable and I tell my wife that all the time. But to tell her she is dumb, waste on society brain dead, and needs to be booted out of the us like the troll named shadow! Well that crosses a line of being a pure ace in hole. I bet my wife is by far more professional, productive to society then his simple mind.
    But you are no better than shadow. I get it, in your mind he started it, but you keep escalating it. Grow a thicker skin and this will be more fun. @Hatin Since 87 and I were going at it in the cycling thread and liking each others posts in the nascar thread. Just roll with it or you will be butt hurt all the time and near being banned if you let it get to you.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    But you are no better than shadow. I get it, in your mind he started it, but you keep escalating it. Grow a thicker skin and this will be more fun. @Hatin Since 87 and I were going at it in the cycling thread and liking each others posts in the nascar thread. Just roll with it or you will be butt hurt all the time and near being banned if you let it get to you.
    100% I will stop responding to his post thanks for putting into perspective and talking me.off the ledge! I have very thick skin, army combat vet and a lineman by trade. Im ot butt hurt, I give a crap about whonever he is. I just refuse to allow someone to make ridiculous comments that directly pertain to my wife. But you're right a pettey internet squabble is childish. Lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom