Time article of the "Secret World" of militias....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That we WOULD be on that same side , & we would not accept consification ,unlike Austrailia ,rounding up giant piles of guns in the scrapyard.nobody lifted a hand ,nobody voted the people that passed those laws OUT .

Ok, that's what I thought you were saying, but I wasn't sure.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's too bad that they relied on the Southern Poverty Law Centre to be a source of "expert" info. They're so far left that everyone looks looks like a radical right domestic terrorist. The SPLC has also got into bed with Big Sister at DHS and is advising them on the militia's. Crap. Anyone who wants to know about the militias just has to ask or read their websites.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone who wants to know about the militias just has to ask or read their websites

Or, just read the Indiana Constitution.:D We are all the militia, girls and boys.

ARTICLE 12. Militia
    Section 1. Composition

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Or, just read the Indiana Constitution.:D We are all the militia, girls and boys.

ARTICLE 12. Militia
    Section 1. Composition

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.

You militia monger, you. ;)

I ask you, Sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers. -- George Mason

Point of clarification, if you will. Now does "shall be" above actually mean what it says, or is it more like "maybe", "sort of", "sometimes", "only if you feel like it", "only on Tuesdays", "not without a note from the principal's office", etc. ?

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    We scare them

We scare them (the left).

We believe in that old paper kept under glass in DC and what is written on it.

The 2A is the scariest for them, as they have a hard time understanding how some group of people would actually stand up and refuse to be led like sheep, it is easier to just give in.

THEN add the terrorist in our midst. Veterans (as stated by DHS), those who have stood up and took the oath and then trained to protect that old paper including that 2A they wish wasn't there.

THEN add to it that there are a bunch of new war Veterans who actually have been in the ***** and proved themselves as willing to die for a belief not just protest and whine about something and now you have a problem.

So to recap we have those crazy 2A believers + the Vets of all time eras + the current crop of war Vets + add that pesky family of all those above and what you have is nueron overload and increasing fear thay can't protest their way into having their way.

Add to that the fact that those three, oops now four groups mentioned above are in jobs like law enforcement, federal servcie, and current serving military and the prospect of just sending those serfs in those agencies out to do their dirty work isn't gonna be as easy as they thought.

The dog just may bite the masters hands, which means THEY may have to do themselves. Well we know that isn't gonna happen so I guess they will have to hire (at a very high cost) people to do it for them. Yeah that idea will work well. All that ideas does is guarantee that TSHF and if it should occur they are gonna get covered in it too.

Sorry if this is too harsh for this site, if it is I am sorry, just slap my hands and let me know as I am really holding back.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    INGO may well be a militia...in the works anyway.

In certain SHTF situations the majority of members here would likely be on the same side.

I'm absolutely certain that the MSGs would be/are considered militias by .gov, and most if not all likely have feds in them, or at least expressing interest.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    this is from one of the comments

"There is a widespread belief within the government that should there be a general militant right-wing uprising, we not only do not possess the military resources to suppress it, but that there would be sufficient sympathy for the movement within the armed forces themselves that many personnel would defect to the other side. The prospect is truly scary."

since the main "trigger" according the article would be confiscation perhaps the gubment will leave us alone

I certainly hope the government harbors that fear. Instilling that fear is the REAL reason for the Second Amendment.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The dog just may bite the masters hands, which means THEY may have to do themselves. Well we know that isn't gonna happen so I guess they will have to hire (at a very high cost) people to do it for them. Yeah that idea will work well. All that ideas does is guarantee that TSHF and if it should occur they are gonna get covered in it too.

Probably good you held back. However, you do know that the above would not be mercs. Unless you consider the UN and the EU to be mercs. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would say that there is a very high probability of that.

It's not like it matters. Most of what is discussed at the meetings is discussed online. There are feds all over this board already so anything they hear at the meetings are just things read on here. Talk about a waste of time and money.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It's not like it matters. Most of what is discussed at the meetings is discussed online. There are feds all over this board already so anything they hear at the meetings are just things read on here. Talk about a waste of time and money.
    Actually most of the snooping is done by "Bots" who look for "key words" and then note the post.
    Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines do the same thing.
    If you don't want the entire world to see it. Don't post it on line. ;)

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Probably good you held back. However, you do know that the above would not be mercs. Unless you consider the UN and the EU to be mercs. :dunno:

I have no doubt the UN and the 3rd world countries would LOVE to get a piece of our pie.

The EU has their own problems but I am sure they could be convinced to pony up some folks in return for some pie also.

What about the Far East, ie; China?

Then there is the plain old mercs for money.

But like any group offered power and privilege by the ruling class along with large sums of money there are bound to be those who will step up and take advantage of the situation until their new masters get tired feeding the beast, and have them eliminated, like those who they eliminated.

I only hope this is all hyperbole.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Actually most of the snooping is done by "Bots" who look for "key words" and then note the post.
    Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines do the same thing.
    If you don't want the entire world to see it. Don't post it on line. ;)

Most, yes. Not all. I was approached by a state police officer about joining a militia and reporting back. Before any of you go flipping out, let me explain.

I was waving a flag over and overpass one day when a state trooper came because of multiple calls. I check out, we talked about the Tea Parties and INGO for a few minutes and he left. A few days later some guy shows up at my house asking about the Tea Parties. Said he was a friend of the trooper from the overpass. Ok, we'd talked about the Tea Party and he'd seemed really interested. I wasn't thrilled he GAVE OUT MY ADDRESS, but whatever.

So this guy sits with me for about an hour talking with me and leaves. Couple weeks later he invites me out for a round of drinks. I learned then he was also a state trooper. He expressed interest in INGO. It so I told him about it and gave him a card that they handed out at the 1500. Almost a month later he calls me out for drinks again, but this time he had someone with him. Said it was a "buddy". So he buys me drinks again and then after some prodding he explains that he wants me to work for them by infiltrating a militia and wants me to report anyone who would be taking up arms against the government.

Well, of course I told him that he was crazy and that I couldn't risk my family for a couple thousand dollars. I'm not a snitch and I never will be. I don't care if I'm living out of my car alone, I wouldn't pull that crap. I never heard from him again.

Yes, I should have known from the beginning, and I should have thrown up all kinds of crap when this guy first showed up. But hey, he bought me free beer (probably paid for by the department) so I wasn't going to refuse free beer. Especially when he says get what you want. :):

So if you don't think there are physical members reading AND POSTING on this board everyday, you're very naive. Of course, I know better, but there are those that are.

Also, for the record, I am not, have not, and will never work for or with any government agency, local, county, state, or federal in any way shape or form, nor am I receiving money from said agencies for any services or information. I swear it on my kids' lives and my own.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How's that for dropping a bomb... :laugh:

Whoops. I said bomb. Bomb ba bomb bomb bomb. Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran. :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How's that for dropping a bomb... :laugh:

Whoops. I said bomb. Bomb ba bomb bomb bomb. Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran. :):

Just remember SE, all my firearms were lost in that nasty boat accident. Oh and I really admire our dear leader. He fills me with hope.

I remember several months ago a poster stated that he had been a confidential informer for the DEA.

The Mods on several occasions have told us that the Feds are on here on a regular basis.

It is a very sad thing to me as a Patriotic God Fearing American, whose family has fought for this country in every war since the Revolution, that one is considered a potential target merely for believing in the Constitution.

Top Bottom