• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Sorry to see this so late but does anyone specifically what anti gun things they have done in the past 3 years?

Actively fighting tx constitutional carry in favor of continuing state mandated nra courses for concessions carry permits.

Bumpstocks

Supporting trump's position on executive order gun control

Etc...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Actively fighting tx constitutional carry in favor of continuing state mandated nra courses for concessions carry permits.

Bumpstocks

Supporting trump's position on executive order gun control

Etc...

Deafening silence when legally armed Americans are gunned down by the police for such crimes as reaching for their ID when asked, doing their job as a security guard, or (potentially) attempting to save others from getting shot by a criminal?

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Sorry to see this so late but does anyone specifically what anti gun things they have done in the past 3 years?

Pushing for NICS expansion because it's a compromise, we can use it to get carry reciprocity. And look where that got us.
    Pushing for a ban on 'ghost guns' back when Cody Wilson was the latest hot topic in the news cycle.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Deafening silence when legally armed Americans are gunned down by the police for such crimes as reaching for their ID when asked, doing their job as a security guard, or (potentially) attempting to save others from getting shot by a criminal?

They definitely defend leo's over anything else.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I stopped renewing my membership a few years ago. Sick to death of the constant plea for more money and the pathetic excuse of what the "American Rifleman" has become.
    My wife and I were in an antique shop a while back and there was a stack of old issues from the 80's like I remember. Cover to cover articles about guns, ammo and the like. Today, you're lucky if you get a few paragraphs about guns and the rest is full page ad's for "man collectables" - coins , jewelry, toys etc. Disgusting.
    They dont need my money, they get enough advertising dollars. Im looking into this GOA Ive never heard of before.
    If enough people votw with their wallets, that will bring change overnight.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Let's not forget the NRA seems to ignore certain instances that one would think they would at least make a comment on, concerning citizen's rights.
    You have the security guard who was smoked, after stopping a shooting...
    and that poor guy who got smoked in a mall in Alabama, during a shooting, simply because he was seen with a gun...
    and Castile, we're still waiting on that response...

The NRA doesn't appeal to me, because I don't see it as taking an interest in ALL people's 2A rights.

I usually disagree with you on most things you say, but I agree with you that the NRA's silence on Castille, the Alabama mall shooting, and the security guard bothers me. The NRA should come out as loud on those instances as all others.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I don't plan to rescind my membership, but I think as a "shareholder" we should be heard. I don't know how we do that, other than moving to GOA completely and abandoning the infrastructure that the NRA has. The NRA has major sway politically because it actively endorses and directly engages voters, losing your NRA grade can be a death sentence for a legislator, or can build you out of nowhere just by having your name on the orange card that gets mailed to all members. We need the NRA to hold politicians more accountable, Trump should be a C or F rating for his active role in implementing gun control and his lack of support to states in crisis over California style gun laws. But the NRA leadership is licking the trump boot clean, I don't understand. The NRA is also actively working against constitutional carry in states that require an NRA course to carry. We need to remove these individuals and put the NRA back on course.

Really Trump should get a low grade for gun rights? I guess getting two pro 2A Supreme Court justices on board doesn't count for anything? I think you need to re-evaluate your grading system. Those pro 2A Supreme Court Justices are more important than the Senate & the House combined since those are life time appointments. As long as we have a majority on the Supreme Court our gun rights can be legally protected to some extent.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Really Trump should get a low grade for gun rights? I guess getting two pro 2A Supreme Court justices on board doesn't count for anything? I think you need to re-evaluate your grading system. Those pro 2A Supreme Court Justices are more important than the Senate & the House combined since those are life time appointments. As long as we have a majority on the Supreme Court our gun rights can be legally protected to some extent.

You think any other Republican would have picked different? Party move not president move. He is as bad as pelosi when given the chance to take a shot at gun rights

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Should the title of this thread get changed to [STRIKE]neverTrump[/STRIKE] neverNRA?

Although it may never pass some's purity test, who is running for the NRA's board that we need to get elected to help solve issues complained about?

Glad to see the GOA getting some attention. Haven't heard them mentioned anywhere in the last year of so, certainly not in the news.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When Trump was troubled about some tough choices a while back, I'm just glad that the GOA was there to meet with him ASAP to set him straight. :yesway:

......oh wait....... :rolleyes:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Re. the NRA...you are either part of the problem, or part of the solution. If you are not a member of the NRA you are a retard.

:rolleyes: blindly following anyone and not criticizing when something needs criticized isn't good. Right now the NRA isn't fully on our side. We need to change it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    When Trump was troubled about some tough choices a while back, I'm just glad that the GOA was there to meet with him ASAP to set him straight. :yesway:

......oh wait....... :rolleyes:

Like when he sat down with the nra and told them he was taking bump stocks with an executive order? NRA is not standing up and lowering his rating because they are afraid of him tweeting bad about them.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Like when he sat down with the nra and told them he was taking bump stocks with an executive order? NRA is not standing up and lowering his rating because they are afraid of him tweeting bad about them.

Wheres this executive order on bumpstocks that you speak of? Maybe you could provide a link if there is one?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Re. the NRA...you are either part of the problem, or part of the solution. If you are not a member of the NRA you are a retard.

Welcome to INGO.

giphy.gif

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Wheres this executive order on bumpstocks that you speak of? Maybe you could provide a link if there is one?

Really?

LMGTFY

Trump pushed the Justice Dept and the ATF, which he controls 100%, to enact new rules to not only reclassify bump stocks and trigger “accelerators” as machineguns, but to provide no grandfather clause as well, meaning hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of law abiding Americans will be unconstitutionally deprived of their property with no due process.

Classic 4D chess.

17A1F2C9-B568-4D69-9A14-82AA9F014243.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Really?

LMGTFY

Trump pushed the Justice Dept and the ATF, which he controls 100%, to enact new rules to not only reclassify bump stocks and trigger “accelerators” as machineguns, but to provide no grandfather clause as well, meaning hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of law abiding Americans will be unconstitutionally deprived of their property with no due process.

Classic 4D chess.

View attachment 72853

I asked wheres the eo? Op that i quoted said Trump was banning bump stocks via eo.
    I know whats going on with the whole bump stock crap, but i was specifically inquiring about an EO which doesnt exist

Top Bottom