• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There seems to be a lot of opinion reported as fact in this thread. There is not a thing wrong with being skeptical. As a matter of fact, good for the skeptics. Please keep working to keep the NRA honest.

If we are being honest though, some might want to reexamine their brash suppositions, represented as fact. :twocents:

The point is most of the people B******g about the NRA are not members. It surprises me that people are feeding the trolls.

If you do not like the NRA, don't join.

Tell us about all of the good GOA does, or B***h about it if you like.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    As a previous member of the NRA I have just stopped supporting them. I have sent several letters telling them that I would no longer send them my support due to the fact that they are using my rights like chess pieces in a game. I honestly think that Wayne needs to go. I don't send my money to them to get little gifts like a knife or cheap range bag. If I am going to send my money to an organization, I want them to use it to do something constructive (AKA. fight for the rights that they tell me they are going to fight for). Sadly I think that its just a way to line their pockets at this point. I say don't give them another dime until they start doing what they say they will do, and give your money to GOA. AT least they stand up and fight for our rights and don't back away from a fight that they don't think that they can win without at least giving it a real shot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The point is most of the people B******g about the NRA are not members. It surprises me that people are feeding the trolls.

If you do not like the NRA, don't join.

Tell us about all of the good GOA does, or B***h about it if you like.

So non-NRA members are now 'trolls' and 'retards'?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So non-NRA members are now 'trolls'?

Changed that to what I said.

The OP is a perrinial NRA sucks, Goa is all that, poster.

The NRA of 1934 is not the NRA of today, it was a marksmanship group. NFA was going to pass no matter what anyone did. Goa was for it too. Oh, :poop: there was no such thing as GOA.

Most of you do not realize this, but, the NFA, as originally written, required a tax stamp for pistols and the NRA did get that removed.

NRA is not perfect, I agree that they should be more vocal on some things. Overall they get a lot done for gun rights.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm a life member of the NRA, have been for a long time. For my money they are lobbyists, I pay them just like any other beltway bandit trying to get a deal in dc. They don't have the resources of big pharma, euro merchant bankers, chinese or saudis, so I don't expect similar results. There are other organizations that I pay to lobby in dc or the statehouse and as I see it, it's more effective at getting things I want to see done better than my one vote. Pay to play is how things work, a big organization with more cash is going to beat a small one with little. It's how government works.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Changed that to what I said.

The OP is a perrinial NRA sucks, Goa is all that, poster.

The NRA of 1934 is not the NRA of today, it was a marksmanship group. NFA was going to pass no matter what anyone did. Goa was for it too. Oh, :poop: there was no such thing as GOA.

Most of you do not realize this, but, the NFA, as originally written, required a tax stamp for pistols and the NRA did get that removed.

NRA is not perfect, I agree that they should be more vocal on some things. Overall they get a lot done for gun rights.

Find my first nra sucks post it'll be maybe 5 months ago, maybe. I'm a paid in full lifer and i think we members are being duped by the current nra administration. I don't understand the blind faith in the nra membership while they are actively supporting fudd gun control measures

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Show me better with the same results. :dunno:

And that's really what it comes down to.

They're the best we've got. They won't do everything right, and they probably have the same amount of corruption that any organization that big might have... but when it comes down to it, I would want them on my side.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    And that's really what it comes down to.

They're the best we've got. They won't do everything right, and they probably have the same amount of corruption that any organization that big might have... but when it comes down to it, I would want them on my side.

So don't do anything to change the course? I'm not saying destroy the nra im saying members should push them to represent our interests and ourcountry's future 2a. Want to destroy the nra, do nothing and see how many millennials replace the boomers when they retire and stop donating thanks to fixed incomes.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So don't do anything to change the course? I'm not saying destroy the nra im saying members should push them to represent our interests and ourcountry's future 2a. Want to destroy the nra, do nothing and see how many millennials replace the boomers when they retire and stop donating thanks to fixed incomes.

As a member of the NRA you already know that we can suggest anything we want, we can go to dinners and meetings and be heard. We also vote for board members and agendas. The board is also available to questions and suggestions.

Other than that you're right.......... we just don't do anything to change the course. :n00b:

You could always tell the NRA that you won't support them and sit on your hand.
    Like a protest vote in the elections by not voting.. "That will show them". :laugh:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Someone said earlier all the NRA did for month before the election was say Republicans good, Democrats bad.

Show me a good Democrat on gun rights.

Maybe the truth is Democrats bad, Republicans not quite as bad.

The key is Vote. Don't vote for (or at least vote against) anti-gun Democrats. Don't throw your vote away on someone that has no chance of winning.

You could always tell the NRA that you won't support them and sit on your hand.
    Like a protest vote in the elections by not voting.. "That will show them". :laugh:

Kinda like David hogg boycotting S&W

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    You know how all those celebrities say to destroy the GOA? Ah my bad that's the NRA they want to destroy because the NRA is relevant and the GOA is not. When has the GOA done anything positive to stop gun control? Maybe they have but I don't remember a single thing that GOA has done politically to protect and defend my gun rights. NRA is not perfect but they are the best thing we have.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    666 posts...

You know how all those celebrities say to destroy the GOA? Ah my bad that's the NRA they want to destroy because the NRA is relevant and the GOA is not. When has the GOA done anything positive to stop gun control? Maybe they have but I don't remember a single thing that GOA has done politically to protect and defend my gun rights. NRA is not perfect but they are the best thing we have.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It is an important fact that the enemy hates the NRA to the point of completely demonizing them. The anti's are selling our youth that the NRA is evil. That spells success.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is an important fact that the enemy hates the NRA to the point of completely demonizing them. The anti's are selling our youth that the NRA is evil. That spells success.

Evil? No. Selective in who they support? Yes.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville

I think this is exactly right. The NRA is an 80-percent solution, but with massive name recognition and actual power to exercise political influence. The GOA could well be a 100-percent solution, but it has close to zero percent actual political influence. And the ugly sausage-making that is our political process is ultimately what counts when it comes to our gun rights, like it or not. Which is why I support the GOA in philosophical terms, but support the NRA in financial terms and in being a life member. It's that simple.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The NRA probably gets whiplash sometimes. As previously stated above, they used to support Dems that were pro-RKBA. I can remember the anger here about that position. "even if that congressman is pro, he votes for a leadership that is anti". So they stopped supporting any Dems from what I can see. Now they get complaints they are just a GOP lobby group.

DoubleJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    “Hillary appoints two liberal judges to the Supreme Court” that headline would be the death of all of our constitutional gun rights as we now know them. The NRA was one of the first supporters of then candidate Trump and instrumental in his election. Numerous constitutionally sound federal judges are being nominated and appointed by President Trump and the Senate further safeguarding our rights. Without the NRA the opposite would be true. Like any organization (or person for that matter) the NRA is not perfect and makes mistakes but if you look at the wins they have stacked up for gun owners the NRA is truly amazing.

Top Bottom