• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    And I'm not talking about the ridiculous worm chewers or the Rock Star Signature Series in a funny shaped bottle.

I'm talking aged, in an oak barrel, Heurera Repisado 950ml that was not exported from Mexico until five years ago. A light amber that makes Aged Kentucky Sipping Bourbon slink into the corner.

One bottle left, 10 years older than the two when I brought it back. Damn, just got chills !!

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    And I'm not talking about the ridiculous worm chewers or the Rock Star Signature Series in a funny shaped bottle.

I'm talking aged, in an oak barrel, Heurera Repisado 950ml that was not exported from Mexico until five years ago. A light amber that makes Aged Kentucky Sipping Bourbon slink into the corner.

One bottle left, 10 years older than the two when I brought it back. Damn, just got chills !!

Herradura Reposado? Yeah, I am with you. But, I prefer my 3 Litres of Corralejo Reposado that is sitting in the wooden keg that I bought at their factory in 2008. Oh yeah. I just got warm.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Herradura Reposado? Yeah, I am with you. But, I prefer my 3 Litres of Corralejo Reposado that is sitting in the wooden keg that I bought at their factory in 2008. Oh yeah. I just got warm.

Evil Spartan . . . . . very evil !! Oh my, I just had a Pavlovian response !!

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I know i am not going to spell it right ! but i tried some of the Herradura you guy's are talking about at christmas ,Very good stuff as a matter of fact ! i gave the Gf's sister the cash to pick me some up the next time she is in mexico!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Im plannin on getting a good bottle of Tequila for the end of the year celebration. Looking forward to the responses. The best i've had is Patron, which isnt bad, but i'd like to expand on my pallet

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Never tried any "REAL" tequila until a few 4th of Julys ago. When they started doing shots I deferred initially as all I had ever had was the low grade stuff you use in mixed drinks. I don't remember what brand it was but DAMN, it was good!!!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Anybody familiar with gran centenario anejo? I have a bottle but I am not a tequila drinker.

From: www.tequila.net/tequila.../anejos/gran-centenario-tequila-anejo.html

"Gran Centenario Aneejo is made from 100% Blue Agave, aged for 18 months in toasted American oak barrels. It is light-bodied with mild Agave with toasted wood overtones.

The label on this bottle reminds us of a tequila legend: More than 150 years ago, Lazaro Gallardo calls for an angel, in order to hold a watchful eye on his still growing agaves."

I'll give ya $50.00 for it and pay shipping too !! PM me!!! (Un-opened of course)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'd much rather have the $5 a bottle crap that tastes like wet cardboard over Patron. Last time I drank Patron, I left my stomach contents in the trash can at the bar. Don Julio was good. Had several different tequilas down in Mexico that were really, really good but I really don't remember a whole lot from the trip.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    From: www.tequila.net/tequila.../anejos/gran-centenario-tequila-anejo.html

"Gran Centenario Aneejo is made from 100% Blue Agave, aged for 18 months in toasted American oak barrels. It is light-bodied with mild Agave with toasted wood overtones.

The label on this bottle reminds us of a tequila legend: More than 150 years ago, Lazaro Gallardo calls for an angel, in order to hold a watchful eye on his still growing agaves."

I'll give ya $50.00 for it and pay shipping too !! PM me!!! (Un-opened of course)
    I wish I could ship it to you so you could enjoy it but the law won't allow it. Thanks for the info. If anyone else would like it and can meet ftf let me know.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Opened up my Christmas present a bottle of KAH which I would rate around Patron maybe .
    But I think their bottle rocks.
    6984e4f9.jpg

Top Bottom