• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I got a WeberSpirit 320 last year.It has a 10 year warrenty,everything stainless but the flavorbars.I do use the side burner often.Very good unit.$600.00

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've had my turn at $99 grills and decided it was time to upgrade. This is an Oklahoma Joe Longhorn; it does LP, Charcoal, or wood. I will be experimenting with lots of smoked awesomeness this summer..

LonghornSmoker_zpsquutvqh4.jpg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have a Weber Natural Gas grill.
    Been using it for about five years.

Connects right to the house gas line so no need for tanks.

Even heat across the whole grill so no need to move what ever your cooking around.

As a side note PLEASE pay close attention if you use a wire brush on the grates. The bristles will fall off the brush and land on the grates, then when you add what ever your cooking the wire bristles can get on or into the meat. This is extremely dangerous.

I noticed that Lowes now carries a cool only type brush that contains no wire. You use it before heating the grill. I have also seen the scotch Brite type grate cleaners. I currently use the Brush Hawg because it had replaceable brushes, but I'm going to get away from wire brushes completely.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not on your list, but I love my BGE...so much so, I have two.
    I second this, at $1K, you are into a large, with accessories depending on your bartering skills. With a BGE, you can do things you never imagined a "grill" could do! It takes less than 10 minutes to fire one, and with a 10 minute "preheat", you can be off to the races!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a Weber Natural Gas grill.
    Been using it for about five years.

Connects right to the house gas line so no need for tanks.

Even heat across the whole grill so no need to move what ever your cooking around.

As a side note PLEASE pay close attention if you use a wire brush on the grates. The bristles will fall off the brush and land on the grates, then when you add what ever your cooking the wire bristles can get on or into the meat. This is extremely dangerous.

I noticed that Lowes now carries a cool only type brush that contains no wire. You use it before heating the grill. I have also seen the scotch Brite type grate cleaners. I currently use the Brush Hawg because it had replaceable brushes, but I'm going to get away from wire brushes completely.

I'm probably getting a natural gas grill soon. Which model? And what do you like about yours?
    And I've seen the articles about not using brushes. Thanks for passing it along.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I second this, at $1K, you are into a large, with accessories depending on your bartering skills. With a BGE, you can do things you never imagined a "grill" could do! It takes less than 10 minutes to fire one, and with a 10 minute "preheat", you can be off to the races!

The BGE is very tempting, but for ease of use and quick turn around I think I'm going to stick with LP.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Love my Primo, I have tried a variety of grills but I think it is hard to beat a charcoal fired ceramic. I use an electric temp control unit and it does great both for all night smoking of pork butts to direct heat grilling of steaks...

416c5bf2-fd2a-44ea-8159-311889b9b310_zps8299d507.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    BehindBlueI's said:
    Truth. If you're going to cook with gas, just use your oven. You can make the sides while someone with a real grill does the meat. Nancy.

Whatever. Lots of people like gas grills. People from all walks of life, like women and homosexual men.

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    I went to charcoal and will never go back to gas....

With that said....Weber...

No doubt about it! I always thought charcoal grilling was time consuming due to lighting coals and smelled like lighting fluid, but once I discovered the chimney method to heating up the coals, my gas grill became a distant memory. The kettle grill is ideal for smoking too. If anyone is interested, I just upgraded to a new version, so I've posted an add for my previous Weber kettle version (Touch N Go) with Stainless table, storage bin, new grate, new coal baskets and a cover.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Whatever. Lots of people like gas grills. People from all walks of life, like women and homosexual men.

I went to Lowe's today and noticed in the lady's grilling section they have electric smokers now. Yes. You can now electrically smoke things.

I know, I now "but it's soooo convenient." SO IS BUYING JERKY AT THE CONVENIENT STORE, IT'S EVEN IN THE NAME!!!!

Side note, does anyone local sell those propane doo-dads that lure and kill mosquitoes? Lowe's did not.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Put together and broken in today. Amazing the difference over the old grill. Went with the EP-310 which has the colored exterior and all stainless steel internals.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I went to charcoal and will never go back to gas....

With that said....Weber...

+1 on the old school Weber! Love me some natural lump charcoal and a thick steak. Also they are only $100.00, seal tight to snuff out the coals, get plenty hot if needed, and can slow/smoke when wanted. I WILL NEVER GO GAS!! Yes men cook with fire but REAL men use fire made by Wood!!! (Tim Allen ar, ar, ar,)

Top Bottom