Speedway area

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Capitalism: supply and demand. I don't blame them for trying to make some money in a free market. I just don't buy from them, let them stuck with all the ammo. the supply is good from what I can tell, I get there earlier than the flippers beat them at their own game. I'd recommend you do the same thing instead of all pissed off.

I've sold some 22's to INGO members at my cost from Walmart just couple weeks ago. keep looking.

I'm offended by any black or gray marketing, where people create artificial scarcities to profit. Manufacturers can play this game too. They could market directly to the public and limit sales, or simply raise prices to what the flippers charge and voila. No scarcity, and permanently higher prices. Which is likely to happen in the long run.

there wasn't anybody camping out at Gander on saturday mid morning. yes, I have a full time job, with 2 little kids and going to school at Ivy Tech, weekend is about my only time available. I was able to pick up 5k of M-22 22LR < 6 cents/round. they had it on Sunday too.

if you want them, work harder.

oh, btw, next time you see them flippers, call the IRS for us, Nobody is stopping you.

So you get there earlier than the flippers, but only on the weekends? Got it.

Good on you that you have better luck than most of us. I have been in to Gander quite a few times and never see .22. Before the panic it was always around. Now it's not.

So you have no objection to gray/black markets? And you don't care that some people engaging in the trade aren't declaring income or paying taxes? I don't suppose you're a retailer by any chance?

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Amazing.

I think it is sort of fun though and perhaps I will try to get in and make the second post to a thread and see if I can't make it go in some completely different direction, just because. :laugh:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm offended by any black or gray marketing, where people create artificial scarcities to profit. Manufacturers can play this game too. They could market directly to the public and limit sales, or simply raise prices to what the flippers charge and voila. No scarcity, and permanently higher prices. Which is likely to happen in the long run.

if they are doing something illegal, report them and ATF and IRS ain't playing around, specially selling ammo to underage persons.

So you get there earlier than the flippers, but only on the weekends? Got it.

Good on you that you have better luck than most of us. I have been in to Gander quite a few times and never see .22. Before the panic it was always around. Now it's not.

So you have no objection to gray/black markets? And you don't care that some people engaging in the trade aren't declaring income or paying taxes? I don't suppose you're a retailer by any chance?

walmart stores close to me re-stock ammo around 7:30 - 8am, I have to be at work before 7 in the morning. so I got my butt up early on saturdays and sundays, took my boy for an early morning ride as my ammo run.

I was able to buy 12k rounds of 22 since May by doing so, 5k just on this past Saturday.

as taxes, how many people are paying when buy stuff from craig's list, garage sales, INGO? I'm a welder, no, I'm not in the wholesale/retail business of any kind, I don't flip ammo either.

again, if you don't like it, there are proper authorities you can go to, go get'em.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Buy another gun, shoot a different caliber. Nothing new, I'm not a flipper but you can do it too. Buy, trade, make notes, have it for your family just don't gripe about it. We all have the same chance. I've been very happy sharing. My neighbor just scored 2k of CCI and he paid stopped and shared the score. Anyway point is do something about it, instead of gripe

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If you are bothered by this jump up and get some of it. That is what those folks did. We worked our A$$eS off all our lives to get....well....where we are.
    Not calling any names just saying....go get it. So many just sit with the hand extended......****-em
    The voice of reason. I agree totally. You have a gift of seeing the answer.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    if they are doing something illegal, report them and ATF and IRS ain't playing around, specially selling ammo to underage persons.

again, if you don't like it, there are proper authorities you can go to, go get'em.

Seriously the ATF and IRS would not bat an eye. Under the current administration, anything that has the effect of driving up prices of guns and ammo I'm sure is welcome.

Eventually the feds will probably find a way to tax all internet commerce, and then devise some formula to 'share' it with the originating states.

I'm busy dealing with drug dealers right now, but as soon as I get a minute...

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I like the old adage...if you don't like, don't buy it. That works all the time unless it is the government jamming something you don't want or need down your throat...in that case you just have to grin and spread 'em.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Seriously the ATF and IRS would not bat an eye. Under the current administration, anything that has the effect of driving up prices of guns and ammo I'm sure is welcome.

Eventually the feds will probably find a way to tax all internet commerce, and then devise some formula to 'share' it with the originating states.

I'm busy dealing with drug dealers right now, but as soon as I get a minute...

if you don't want to punish them, you don't want to beat them at the line, what's gonna stop them? begging isn't gonna work for sure.

it's just some 22, not gasoline and baby formula. 99.9999% of the population would be just fine if they are all gone.

how do you feel about $10 beer at ball parks and $3 battle of water at the airports. it all comes down how bad you "have to" have it.

maybe the government should run the ammo program like food stamps. nobody cheats on that for sure.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have an idea, don't buy it at inflated prices. As long as people continue to do so, people will continue to make a profit. *****ing will do nothing. I know it's difficult for some to understand that.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I know it sucks, we all want to shoot. but just stop buying it and creating a market for it. Pretty simple.

Use that money you'd spend in ammo and buy another gun, get another safe, take the family on vacation, save for a silencer, get an expensive knife, make a rainy day fund, etc.

It sucks, but we all know this summer has been shot for our sport and the fall will be the same, just chalk it up as a loss, stop buying, and move on.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    if you don't want to punish them, you don't want to beat them at the line, what's gonna stop them? begging isn't gonna work for sure.

it's just some 22, not gasoline and baby formula. 99.9999% of the population would be just fine if they are all gone.

how do you feel about $10 beer at ball parks and $3 battle of water at the airports. it all comes down how bad you "have to" have it.

maybe the government should run the ammo program like food stamps. nobody cheats on that for sure.

:horse:

I'm all right Jack. Bol'shoe spasibo!

Post 5000, secret INGO discount kicks in!! :cheers:

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    who cares about 22lr....go buy some 45 at walmart or 556 ...i got 2000 rounds of cci and i dont even really want it....my son shoots it or i would just sell it plus i dont want to deal with these idiots...

Top Bottom