• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    who cares about 22lr....go buy some 45 at walmart or 556 ...i got 2000 rounds of cci and i dont even really want it....my son shoots it or i would just sell it plus i dont want to deal with these idiots...
    See, here's the thing - I've tried stuffing 45 and 556 into my Reminton 597, Walther P22 and a J.C. Higgins Model 28. Try as I might, It. Just. Won't. Work. Go figure...

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    who cares about 22lr....go buy some 45 at walmart or 556 ...i got 2000 rounds of cci and i dont even really want it....my son shoots it or i would just sell it plus i dont want to deal with these idiots...
    Ohhhhhh. I get it. It's the Marie Antoinette approach to ammo. "Let them use 45." VERY clever!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    as for the elusive 22LR, a friend of mine picked up a 555 rd box of Winchester for me around 9 o'clock this morning at Fishers Walmart while looking for some 45ACP, $25+change after tax. I wouldn't call that "early".

the supply is still out there.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If any of you can find plentiful .22LR at a decent price anywhere near the Fort let me know. I have a supply on hand, but I would like to purchase enough to replace what I shoot. Haven't seen any in the Fort at reasonable prices in 3-6 months. I check Walmart, Meijer, Dicks, Dunhams, and the LGSs. If I do find a couple boxes, it is at exorbitant prices—over $50 for what used to sell for $20.

I often see it online at reasonable prices—until I have to pay the shipping. Gunbot keeps me informed. I just do not want to pay more than double per round over what I paid before the SHTF last November/December.

So, if you see it up here near the Fort, pass the word. Maybe I can grab a box before the flippers snap it up.

:)

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    To everyone that is upset about all of the "flipping..." Why don't I see you complaining about the prices that some people ask for their guns or accessories on here? Truth be told, you wont die if you cant shoot for a little bit. I cant find any .22 either but I just get out a different rifle that I can reload for and shoot that until the supply returns. C'est la vie!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To everyone that is upset about all of the "flipping..." Why don't I see you complaining about the prices that some people ask for their guns or accessories on here? Truth be told, you wont die if you cant shoot for a little bit. I cant find any .22 either but I just get out a different rifle that I can reload for and shoot that until the supply returns. C'est la vie!

Where have you been. They do complain just not to the extent of the ammo deal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's what we consumers do. We grouse when gas prices go up, when Duke raises our electrical rates, when .gov raises taxes, and on and on and on. It seems for as many people that complain, there's an equal number that complain about the complainers.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Its a shame people are out doing this,they should be turned in for gouging

It's a shame people pay the price that the sellers are asking

Lord forbid people to buy and sell as they please

There was a time where you could find any PMAGs in gunstores, people bought them as soon as they came in. As soon as people quit buying them, they magically reappeared. You'd think that people would figure this out eventually and ammo would be readily available again but......

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Actually, buying up all of a resource in order to artificially create scarcity and inflate the price is not free market at all. It IS capitalism though, and is a good example of one of the major flaws in pure capitalism. All pure economic theories have some pretty major flaws.

^^^^this^^^^

Top Bottom