printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can see this getting ugly.

I'm typically pretty even keeled. This has me incensed, which is too light of a word.

It's not just the masks, it the shutdown rolled into it.
    Crippling our country by following the daily changing advise of a bunch of lowest denominator government workers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm typically pretty even keeled. This has me incensed, which is too light of a word.

Crippling our country by following the daily changing advise of a bunch of lowest denominator government workers.

This will all go away late November or they will really be stirred up.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis

Ditto - I've been holding off on posting anything serious since I found out. If I wrote what I am thinking, the Mouse would drop-kick me into the next state.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    New England journal of medicine:
    We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Right. Also, that's unrelated to why current guidance is to wear a mask in public.

Masks don't stop healthy people from inhaling aerosol virus. Masks have been shown to reduce the amount of virus that becomes aerosol from the exhalations of infected people. Less virus in the air leads to fewer new infections. We don't need everyone to go through life in bulletproof vests; we need to stop having bullets fly through the streets in the first place.

If wearing a mask means that we can get back to normal life sooner (as is happening in the parts of the world where the vast majority of people are wearing masks), I'm going to do it, and I wish everyone would.

There are likely 250,000+ people in the U.S. who are currently infected but don't know it yet (4x the daily number of new cases reported). All of those people should be wearing masks to reduce the spread of the virus. Since we don't know who those people are, and since the cost of wearing a mask is very low, I wear a mask whenever I am in close proximity to anyone outside my household.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ditto - I've been holding off on posting anything serious since I found out. If I wrote what I am thinking, the Mouse would drop-kick me into the next state.

My brother I am so tempted to turn in my credentials and join you in the ***** fest. I am so mad right now I am spinning in my chair.
    This is so obviously a diversion to cover so many things that our local leaders have failed to do.
    And yes we have been chewing at each other for weeks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Right. Also, that's unrelated to why current guidance is to wear a mask in public.

Masks don't stop healthy people from inhaling aerosol virus. Masks have been shown to reduce the amount of virus that becomes aerosol from the exhalations of infected people. Less virus in the air leads to fewer new infections. We don't need everyone to go through life in bulletproof vests; we need to stop having bullets fly through the streets in the first place.

If wearing a mask means that we can get back to normal life sooner (as is happening in the parts of the world where the vast majority of people are wearing masks), I'm going to do it, and I wish everyone would.

There are likely 250,000+ people in the U.S. who are currently infected but don't know it yet (4x the daily number of new cases reported). All of those people should be wearing masks to reduce the spread of the virus. Since we don't know who those people are, and since the cost of wearing a mask is very low, I wear a mask whenever I am in close proximity to anyone outside my household.

OK.....if you are sick stay the **** home OK. Its up to you and you alone to take care of your health. It is not up to me.
    If you are concerned then stay the **** at home. Again, we have to live our lives out here.

Wear-em if you want to. Your call. Do not tell me I have to. Just don't.

Yes I am close to exploding right now and looking to ban myself for yours and everyone elses protection.

OK the system aint having it. You are stuck with me.

Damn.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If it's gonna be that, the shutdown might as well have continued. I'm pissed about it too, but I'm still gonna go about my business.

Class B misdemeanor. :rolleyes: I still can't get over that. Assholcomb hinted that it would not be rigorously enforced. But he still made it a class B misdemeanor for a reason. I think it's that if someone just flat out refuses to wear one, intermediate jail time is on the table. Why put it at that level otherwise?

Holcomb, as the Governor, cannot make law. What he is referring to is violation of the emergency powers statute. That statute does not specify that crime for failing to adhere to an executive order.

Holcomb can go **** himself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Holcomb, as the Governor, cannot make law. What he is referring to is violation of the emergency powers statute. That statute does not specify that crime for failing to adhere to an executive order.

Holcomb can go **** himself.

Exactly. And again shame on anyone that would even consider enforcing this crap. Shame.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Yeah, I'm in California for 2 weeks. Wearing a mask all day, when I know I'm healthy, sucks. My 14 hours of flights and airports getting here, when I had to wear it, really sucked. (I'm using a neck gaiter rather than a loop mask.)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I remember when seat belt laws were the straw that broke the camel's back.

:):

You know, the seat belt laws got passed state by state by corporations setting up phony citizen groups.
    It's was really quite a story at the time but was a story very hard to find.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not all of them are stoner hypocrites. But enough of them are that it's something to consider. Also, if I were to despise anyone, it would be individually, and even then, not just because of what they believe, but what they do. Not every libertarian deserves your hatred. But some do. Gary (feel my) Johnson, for example. That guy is a first class progressive douchebag worthy of anyone's disgust. It's fair to call him a stoner too.

Well, recently, my experience being on the 'wrong' side of the mask debate, and being browbeaten to do what makes other people feel safe, has made me reconsider the hard time I gave phylodog about legalization and apologize. I had to live it to really see things from his point of view, though - so not optimistic about getting the masketeers to embrace individual liberty

Maybe Johnson isn't a hopeless stoner, maybe we just need to live closer to that intersection

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It looks to me like the state constitution gives the governor pretty broad powers for things like this. I think this situation warrants changing it to neuter those powers. Ain't gonna happen though.

That's happening in Michigan (maybe). They're proceeding with a referendum and have the ballot language approved, but they need something like 404000 signatures in 120 days so it's a steep climb. Going to be watching it as a kind of poll of the feelings of the electorate in a swing state. If they easily make deadline Dems better watch out

If maskification doesn't do it, what if they go next to mandatory cell phone social distancing and quarantine? If you concede the governor has the power to dictate personal behavior, what about that? I already have a faraday pouch for my passport, my phone will fit too. Get one before the rush

Anybody that says it can't happen here hasn't been paying attention

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Being kidnapped for not wearing a mask, potentially being subject to 6 months of forced confinement?

Hope that pension is worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom