• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    If I haven't put a hand on it in a year it's gone. If I want something new something has to go. Don't regret any of my sales.

Married, had two kids, and bought a bigger house they almost all went. No money or time to use them. The extra money helped with the move.

Been about 5 years now. Don't miss the guns I sold. I actually have two AR15 rifles I hung onto. Would love to off load them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I haven't put a hand on it in a year it's gone. If I want something new something has to go. Don't regret any of my sales.

Married, had two kids, and bought a bigger house they almost all went. No money or time to use them. The extra money helped with the move.

Been about 5 years now. Don't miss the guns I sold.

When I retired I culled the herd deeply. All new appliances and other things in prep for the "Golden" years.
    In time the safe (was 3 now down to 1) filled back up.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I haven't owned guns for very long, so at this time I only see myself getting two or four more and probably stopping at that. I already have two rifles, one was my dads, the other I bought. I have three handguns, bought for various reasons. I still plan on getting a .22LR pistol, a 9mm carbine. After that I can only see myself getting a shotgun and a revolver sport/fun. I can only see one of the current guns that I might get rid of eventually.

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    I like to move things if they're not being used...sold a bunch of gun accessories, optics, etc...but never a firearm. I've always just been of the mindset that those are for keeps, and there are no safe queens....everything gets shot.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Let me tell you about the DCM issued M1-D Garand BII kit I had and sold to an uncle "for a short time" because I needed money. The agreement was that I would buy it back after a time. Never saw that rifle again, should have never let it out of my sight.

M1-_DCMPKit.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let me tell you about the DCM issued M1-D Garand BII kit I had and sold to an uncle "for a short time" because I needed money. The agreement was that I would buy it back after a time. Never saw that rifle again, should have never let it out of my sight.

M1-_DCMPKit.jpg

In 02 when I was given the "You have possibly 3 years to live" timeline I sold off a few to keep the lights on as the need was there. 2 Colt preban 20" AR's to the same guy with that very same promise. You cane get them back if you make it. Well, I made it. I never got them back.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm a pretty selective buyer I feel like. However, in the last two years I've probably sold more guns than I ever thought I would. I haven't sold a single gun that I regret though. I have one I maybe didn't technically "want" to sell but it sat in the safe for 2 years unfired and I'd never even bought ammo for it. Turned out it was pretty to look at and I liked the idea of owning it but most likely beyond showing it to people one day in the future it'd never really serve a purpose. So I sold it. I may think of it from time to time but I'm honestly not worried.

I have lots of guns most of which I'm not attached to in anyway. Some guns I think I'd never sell however, everything would most likely be for sale for the right price. But never sell something with sentimental value, and if you truly think before you sell something it's honestly hard to regret selling it in my opinion.

I know one thing though... I absolutely hate listening to old guys in gun shops go on and on about this that or the other gun that they regret selling or whatever for whatever the reason may be. Just don't let go of it if you think you may regret it. And if you do because things change and you traded your old M1 Carbine for some AK47 back when they were hot or some junk, move on, regret is an awful thing.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have 3, that I will NEVER sell .....

A .22 rifle, a .410 shotgun, BOTH were gifts, from my Dad .....

and the bottom Ruger in my Avatar, bought it when I turned 21 .....

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have a .22 that I received from my grandfather, and another that was a wedding gift from my wife. Those aren't going anywhere.
    All of my other firearms are currently available for purchase. Make an offer, and we can go from there.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a few guns that I inherited. Those stay in the family. I don't shoot those often. Other than that, I have been buying and selling the last few years to get what I really want while still being minimal in what have. I own few firearms and want to keep it that way.

At this point, I have one pistol that I don't shoot that I will keep. One day, if I take up action shooting on a regular basis, it may be a good gun to use since it is the only high capacity pistol I own.

I would like to sell the firearms that I don't use on a regular basis. But they still have value to me even though they sit in a safe. My S&W revolvers are so much fun to shoot(and to look at) that I won't sell them. I only have a few, but they are all I want or need.

Excuse my grammar. My brain is still a little foggy this morning.:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a few guns that I inherited. Those stay in the family. I don't shoot those often. Other than that, I have been buying and selling the last few years to get what I really want while still being minimal in what have. I own few firearms and want to keep it that way.

At this point, I have one pistol that I don't shoot that I will keep. One day, if I take up action shooting on a regular basis, it may be a good gun to use since it is the only high capacity pistol I own.

I would like to sell the firearms that I don't use on a regular basis. But they still have value to me even though they sit in a safe. My S&W revolvers are so much fun to shoot(and to look at) that I won't sell them. I only have a few, but they are all I want or need.

Excuse my grammar. My brain is still a little foggy this morning.:)

More :coffee:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have a nice collection, sometimes I sell to buy others. Lately I have been buying more handguns than anything. I do own safe queens as well, they were not bought with the intent of being safe queens, just turned out that way.
    I have a fetish for NICE AR's, AK's, M1A's, Pro Series Smiths's, pretty 1911's and poly wonder guns.
    I like most guns, I do not hunt, so really not into hunting guns or gear. But I can still appreciate nice shotguns, I'm talking about pretty over/under's.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a nice collection, sometimes I sell to buy others. Lately I have been buying more handguns than anything. I do own safe queens as well, they were not bought with the intent of being safe queens, just turned out that way.
    I have a fetish for NICE AR's, AK's, M1A's, Pro Series Smiths's, pretty 1911's and poly wonder guns.
    I like most guns, I do not hunt, so really not into hunting guns or gear. But I can still appreciate nice shotguns, I'm talking about pretty over/under's.

I would still like to have a nice Trap O/U one day.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I guess I am a "hoarder" as I don't even think about selling any of my firearms. Same with accessories, even though I may not use them.

I collect along with my youngest son, when we started collecting 20 - 30 years ago we "pooled" our money to purchase several firearms. Now we are both are financially able to purchase as we want. When I want to purchase another firearm I wait until the funds are available. All of our guns are in shooting condition, we have shot most except for a few we purchased in the last few months.

One issue, I don't have ONE firearm that has not appreciated in value, in that respect the collection I have has been more reliable and profitable than any other investment I have made over the years. In one of the preceding posts a SVD 40 was mentioned, I purchased one at a GS at Tipton a few years ago for (as I recall $360) a few weeks before their import was banned. As it is equipped it is now valued at $1200 to $1600. My Colt Anaconda and King Cobra have tripled in value! My $50 or so guns are now selling for $100 or more! I don't see any of my other investments doing near as well.

I can certainly understand why some may have to sell a firearm to meet some unavoidable expense, especially those individuals with growing families. However I am old (76), retired and pay cash for everything I purchase. My wife is pretty understanding about my collecting. I usually purchase something because it is a great buy or just because I want to try out a different caliber or just because....

All of my firearms will be passed on to my heirs. I have purchased 4 in the last 6 months and in process of assembling another AR in the Grendel caliber. I own "cheap" firearms bought for around $50, some "Expensive" firearms purchased for $4K and many in between. I also collect "horde" ammo when prices are good. I normally purchase in bulk, and again found it to be a great investment.

I feel my firearms are just as good as money in the bank. They don't eat anything nor require more than routine oiling /cleaning and safes for storage. Most would be very easy and quick to sell for more than I have invested. In a SHTF situation, I think they would be worth far more than gold bullion. My son and I try to shoot all of our guns although I haven't got to shoot much this last summer. I do enjoy having my firearms, researching the history surrounding the several surplus military guns I have. Many people in my surrounding area know I will pay cash for firearm they wish to sell at a reasonable price so I have made several great deals.

Top Bottom