• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would like to see this thread go to advocating the outlawing of cell phones in general. They cause nothing but trouble. Most people don't seem to be able to drive to begin with, put a phone in their hand and it is even worse. Then you have people that can't stay off them at the movies or other shows. I may lose it and beat one of them to death some day.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Never stay in proximity of a police car. Back off, turn a corner, pull into a parking lot, anything. Just stay away from them and avoid drawing attention to yourself as you do so.

Pulling into a parking lot as soon as a cop gets behind you is a pretty good way of drawing attention to yourself. Especially if you were in the left lane and make that hard right once they pull out. Doing that is actually improper lane usage and it's going to make the cop wonder "Why doesn't he want to be buy me". Most cops would be willing to wager that most people that try to avoid them are criminals.....

As I said, without drawing attention to yourself and, by implication, in a safe and legal manner.

Now where is this thread heading? Before replying can we keep in mind we have many hard working and dedicated LEOs out there who are members of INGO and are not causing situations like this.

Yes, many dedicated LEOs don't do this crap.
    Hypothetical situation:
    You're at a shooting range and the range officer is wearing a bright red shirt emblazoned with "Trained by Furball Range Officer School." This Range Officer behaves in a blatantly unsafe manner with his loaded handgun, pointing it in people's faces.
    You hear reports from acquaintances that other Range Officers with the same type of shirt have done the same thing.
    Would you not complain and advise people to avoid all Range Officers trained by Furball Range Officer School?
    Now, maybe Furball turned out some good Range Officers. Maybe even almost all Furball Range Officers are really good. But the bright red shirts make them easily identifiable and the reports make you want to be very careful around them.

If this kind of thing had happened with UPS drivers or taxi's, we might see the same reports. The difference is that the UPS driver won't pull you over for doing what he just did.

I don't hate LEO's. They've got a tough job and I respect that. They are an easily identifiable group whose members sometimes do dumb stuff that is dangerous to others because they are distracted, on a run, feel entitled, or who knows what. I avoid them, on the road, the same way I avoid buses and Post Office trucks.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    first off, I dont bash good cops. you are stirring the pot defending 2 people who did wrong just because they are cops. I have no reason to lie about this nor my wife. nor did I say I would intentionally ram a cop and cause injury. I would not. I have more than just a bad back thank you very much, and I didnt get it or any other problems from old age. but thats of no matter here.
    so 60 in a 40 is no big deal to you then? so you've never issued a ticket for less than 20 mph? I didnt start this thread as a good cop bashing thread, but if thats what your gonna wrongly turn it into then the mods can please close it. this is bull ****! I didnt post some crazy radical story off of youtube or some tin foil hat philosophy. I posted 2 instances that really happened to me and my family and them WE are the ones bashed by a cop. and then you implying that I would have a reason to fear IMPD having my name as if I have something to hide or wouldnt stand by things I post here. you are something else. I have met many people here FTF and cops here too, Im not some whack job hiding in the shadows. I obey and respect the laws, have no criminal record or history, and my word is good. my opinion of you sir still stands although I cannot express it here. :noway:

Hey calm down Francis. SO a person is a bad cop that backs out in front of or pulls out in front of your wife. A cop is a bad cop if he was speeding? Is that what makes a person a bad cop?

Defending cops? You can bet your life on it. I have always and will always defend any and all cops on anything and everything until such a time that it is proven to me that they did wrong. A real wrong too, not some petty speeding or pulling out in front of someone infraction stuff. And while we are at it, I would never write another cop (any cop) a ticket or jack with them in any way,form, shape or fashion for some petty BS like these two incidents.

No one called you a fibber. No one implied you are a fibber. You could be or you could not be...I don't know you so I don't know. All I know is the type of stuff you tend to post and or the bandwagons you tend to always jump on.

No one accused or even implied that your wife was a fibber either. You did in fact imply that you would ram a cop that pulled out in front of you. Then you would claim your back injury and other physical aliments made you slower on reflexes. Oh yea and not as a result of old age (qualifier) Then you could see and get that big pot of gold. Did you not?

Yes I sure have wrote tickets for 60mph in a 40mph zone. Heck I have wrote them for much less. But never to cops. And I (unlike you at the time) knew the speed of the vehicle and driver that I cited. You estimate he was running said speed. And I doubt that would hold much weight given your lack of training on the matter.

Hey buddy you also don't have a reason to fear IMPD. Not sure how you came to the conclusion either. I was suggesting that if you contacted IMPD with two separate unrelated complaints from the same day they might not take you to seriously. I also suggested that if the complaint board took your complaints and then looked into your INGO post's that they might not take you seriously either. But they might also. But as a sergeant myself if I was contacted with your two complaints and or knew of your common posting's, I would be pretty suspect that you had an axe to grind.

Also I don't think you are some "whack job" as you say, I think I don't think that you are a whack job anyway. I also think you probably do not have a criminal record as you say. I think you probably obey the laws and such too. Man you gotta quit letting this little petty stuff get you all fired up. You are gonna have a stroke someday. Get that blood pressure checked. You might need to take medication to keep it down. I do.

Wanna come have dinner tonight? Say about 2000 hrs. Ring me up bud.:welcome: Heck man we could eat dinner and then go out and write some tickets,bust a few drunk drivers and stuff. It is July 4th weekend.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A real wrong too, not some petty speeding or pulling out in front of someone infraction stuff. And while we are at it, I would never write another cop (any cop) a ticket or jack with them in any way,form, shape or fashion for some petty BS like these two incidents.

Yes I sure have wrote tickets for 60mph in a 40mph zone. Heck I have wrote them for much less. But never to cops.

I am seeking information; no flame is intended.
    My impression from your post is that you would write citations on Non LEO's for such things as backing out in front of someone and would and have written citations on Non LEO's for speeding, but that you would not ticket any LEO for these kind of violations.
    If that is not the case, please tell me how I got it wrong.
    If that is the case, please tell me why you believe LEO's should be held to a lesser standard.
    Thanks.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I am seeking information; no flame is intended.
    My impression from your post is that you would write citations on Non LEO's for such things as backing out in front of someone and would and have written citations on Non LEO's for speeding, but that you would not ticket any LEO for these kind of violations.
    If that is not the case, please tell me how I got it wrong.
    If that is the case, please tell me why you believe LEO's should be held to a lesser standard.
    Thanks.

No sir that is not what I was saying. I have never wrote a citation for someone backing out in front of someone. However it is irritating when people do that. I have wrote un told thousands of tickets over the years for speed and such. I have never wrote a LEO a ticket for anything and I never would for anything. I don't write many tickets now period. I know a lot of people are just trying to get by financially these days. I usually ask them if they have a extra 140.00 this week to give to the state. I just don't have the heart to be a part of that right now.:twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    No sir that is not what I was saying. I have never wrote a citation for someone backing out in front of someone. However it is irritating when people do that. I have wrote un told thousands of tickets over the years for speed and such. I have never wrote a LEO a ticket for anything and I never would for anything. I don't write many tickets now period. I know a lot of people are just trying to get by financially these days. I usually ask them if they have a extra 140.00 this week to give to the state. I just don't have the heart to be a part of that right now.:twocents:

So you have written tickets to non LEO for breaking the law, but you would NEVER write an LEO a ticket for breaking the law. Gotcha, keep up the good work.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

OK, we'll drop backing out in front of someone.
    Let's also ignore the cost of the ticket.

You state that you never have and never would write a ticket on a LEO.
    Assuming some actions deserve a ticket, why would you give one to a deserving civilian but not to a deserving LEO?

If any other LEO would like to chime in with an answer, I'd be happy to hear it.
    I'm just trying to understand the reasoning that exempts LEO's from some or all tickets that a non-LEO would get.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So you have written tickets to non LEO for breaking the law, but you would NEVER write an LEO a ticket for breaking the law. Gotcha, keep up the good work.

Yes sir...will do. I will continue to use my discretion as the law allows.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Assuming some actions deserve a ticket, why would you give one to a deserving civilian but not to a deserving LEO?

If any other LEO would like to chime in with an answer, I'd be happy to hear it.
    I'm just trying to understand the reasoning that exempts LEO's from some or all tickets that a non-LEO would get.

Read some of his other posts and you'll find your answer.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes sir...will do. I will continue to use my discretion as the law allows.
    And apparently by your previous statements to look the other way for "members of the club" you are willing to abuse that same discretion as the law allows.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Most real everyday LEO's do not take enforcement action on other LEO's for the things we have discretion on. Pretty much the unwritten rule nationwide. I have read that there are a few certain agency's that have a reputation of writing other LEO's but I have never seen it happen first hand. I have never experienced it either the few times I have been stopped over the years. I don't know what your occupation is but if you were in LE would you write another LEO? A person that might be your backup someday.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Most real everyday LEO's do not take enforcement action on other LEO's for the things we have discretion on. Pretty much the unwritten rule nationwide. I have read that there are a few certain agency's that have a reputation of writing other LEO's but I have never seen it happen first hand. I have never experienced it either the few times I have been stopped over the years. I don't know what your occupation is but if you were in LE would you write another LEO? A person that might be your backup someday.

OK, I understand that its an unwritten rule.
    Are you saying that since the LEO might be your backup someday, you're concerned he might not be there for you if you gave him a ticket?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    J........a couple questions here:

How many traffic stops do you make in a average month?
    How many of those stops result in a ticket vs a warning?
    Out of the same monthly average of stops....how many of those are LEO?

I can't and won't speak for any other officer but myself........I really don't write tickets very often. I look at traffic stops this way (as it pertains to tickets), my job is to change the behavior that I stopped you for. If I can do that without writing a ticket, then I will choose that every single time. If your driving record sucks or you give a serious attitude for stopping you when you were doing wrong........you bet your ass I'll write the ticket.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    OK, I understand that its an unwritten rule.
    Are you saying that since the LEO might be your backup someday, you're concerned he might not be there for you if you gave him a ticket?

As a kind of answer to this:

I wrote another cop a ticket one day.........didn't know he was a cop at the time (and he was being a Richard about it). He worked for a department in another county. One of the guys I work for has family in the administration in said department and it was later relayed to me that I had better not find myself in need of help in his city because I wouldn't get it.

Now this by far is not the prevailing attitude of LEO's, but it is out there.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

I wrote another cop a ticket one day.........didn't know he was a cop at the time (and he was being a Richard about it). He worked for a department in another county. One of the guys I work for has family in the administration in said department and it was later relayed to me that I had better not find myself in need of help in his city because I wouldn't get it.

Wow. That’s a noble position to take. :rolleyes:

I would think that if person X is in the position to write tickets to someone on a daily basis, and expects the people he writes the tickets to to accept that they did something wrong and received a ticket for that reason, that if person X received a ticket for doing something wrong he would understand why he received it and just accept it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I would tell his "boys" careful when you cross the City-line as well... :popcorn:

Top Bottom