To the person that shot themselves at the 1500..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So he was reloading because he was forced to unload to enter the building?

I guess.:rolleyes:

If you're going to carry a gun for protection keep it loaded and keep it in your holster at all times.
    If you're coming to sell a gun leave the home with the gun unloaded.
    Dont take out your carry gun to try holster or show it to people if you decided to bring it loaded inside the show.
    If you have decided to unload your carry gun the parking lot is not the best place to unload before you get inside the show and not the best place to reload once you get out.

:dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    paging Kirk Freeman ...

(Sorry ... just want to hear him say "Eeez gun. Eeez not safe.")

:yesway:

I want to hear what he thinks about the sand barrels and the safe area for unloading/loading that is provided at the door. :D

APC-100Tmain.jpg

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    WOW! This is exactly what was needed... All this does is fuel the liberal fire & gives those narrow minded morons yet another thing to use as a distraction!

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Just got the press release from ISP in my inbox:

Accidental Discharge at Gun and Knife Show Slightly Injures One

Indianapolis, IN- This afternoon at approximately 4:15 p.m., Indiana State Police responded to the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show being held at the South Pavilion of the State Fairgrounds to the report of an accidental shooting.

The investigation revealed that a patron of the event, Emory L. Cozee, 54, of Indianapolis, had walked out the east entrance of the South Pavilion building and was loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand.

Cozee was transported to Wishard Hospital for treatment.

The investigation determined the shooting to be accidental and no charges will be filed.

*No qualms with posting his name, since it 'is' in an ISP press release...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I keep telling people.

I know gun exspurts like INGO hate me to remind them, but each time you load or unload the weapon can discharge.

Why the Indy1500 does not provide sand barrels or a wall of sand bags, I do not understand.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I keep telling people.

I know gun exspurts like INGO hate me to remind them, but each time you load or unload the weapon can discharge.

Why the Indy1500 does not provide sand barrels or a wall of sand bags, I do not understand.
    Perhaps if they were to be held liable for injuries during NDs that policy would change.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I keep telling people.

:laugh:

I know it's not funny but yet it's funny.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For some reason I can't imagine the level of stupid for someone to put or have their hand in front of a barrel of a firearm they are loading!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'd been monitoring the news most of the day. After yesterday's reports which were surprisingly relatively fair I wanted to see if they would keep it up.

All day there was nothing new reported, just repeats of yesterday's reports basically. Now ALL of them are jumping on this bandwagon. I'm sure that's no coincidence....

Probably holding out for something like this to happen.

Top Bottom