To the person that shot themselves at the 1500..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Sorry about that guys. It wasn't my fault. My finger was no where near the trigger, I swear. Here's what happened: I took the orange zip tie off of my Glock and the evil gun started speaking to me. It told me that no matter how much common sense I used, guns were evil by nature, and sooner or later it would "spontaneously go off" causing suffering. The gun said that because I never went near a school, it had to seize the opportunity when it presented. It said it didn't matter that I got hurt, because anyone that owned a gun was irresponsible anyway....Oh wait a minute. Sorry guys. I just remembered that I had no problem reloading my Glock 26 once outside the building. What a turd that guy/girl is.

Quit bashing Glocks, we all know it is the 1911's that cause all the problems!

Quote: "loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand."

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I hate to pile on, but incidents like this are specifically why I keep saying we NEED to have a training requirement to own a weapon (similar to the Texas CHL program. Check out the details and you;ll see why I like it so much). There are too many asshats out there blowing their fingers, toes, and dongs off and it fits in well with the "well trained militia" part of the 2A that we all cherish. It won't eliminate stupidity, but I have to think it would help.

Too many people just do not take the responsibility of owning and operating seriously enough.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    I hate to pile on, but incidents like this are specifically why I keep saying we NEED to have a training requirement to own a weapon (similar to the Texas CHL program. Check out the details and you;ll see why I like it so much). There are too many asshats out there blowing their fingers, toes, and dongs off and it fits in well with the "well trained militia" part of the 2A that we all cherish. It won't eliminate stupidity, but I have to think it would help.

Too many people just do not take the responsibility of owning and operating seriously enough.

Like THIS "well trained" individual!?!?

http://youtu.be/AxWWJaTEdD0

"I'm the only one qualified in this room" BOOM

godzilla_facepalm_by_epicfacepalm6000-d3ecctr.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ?........aw-rite then, dude......I'll give ya the benefit o' the doubt.....
    Soooooo.......?.......if you want'n to say....I dunno....chuck this thing in'a dresser drawer,or in'a cabinet cuzz......you gonna decide to carry somethin' else for the day.....or....few days......?
    Gonna put it away cok'd/lok'd?......or take it out'a battery?.....and if/when ya take it out'a battery......how ya suppose you'll do that?......

Well at'd be ME,dude.......an' I sho'nuff don't claim to know it all......but in 54 yrs......I ain' kill'd nobody......ain't accidently shot nobody.......never had'a ND.....etc,etc, etc............

Well there you go..............

:n00b:

We NEED NO further laws. We do need to educate though and it starts with each and every one of us. When was the last time you seen someone breaking the four rules? What did you do about it?

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Obama just sent out a note, that says in order to own a firearm you have to wear a special pair of gloves. Or he is going to come and take your guns.

I own all of the gloves and I'll sell them for $150 a pair. Get them while you can before they take your guns away.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Right.
    Then the anti-gunners get a couple fellow anti-gunners on the panel that decide the training.
    And they decide you have to start performing marksmen miracles to pass, so that only 5 percent of the people can actually pass the test.

Or.
    A woman breaks up with her abusive boyfriend, applies for the gun "training", is told the class is full, but they can make an appointment "next month", and she is beaten to death while waiting.

I'm sure I can come up with other scenarios.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Driving is a privilege, NOT a basic, god given right. Therefor the difference.

If the third amendment was "a persons right to travel freely by any means necessary, shall not be infringed" then the argument would hold water...but alas, there is no such text.;)
    Neither is owning an AR-15, so what's your point? When did driving cease to be a right? People use to drive without needing a license or registering their vehicles, it was right. It does not need to be enumerated in the Constitution for it to be right.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Neither is owning an AR-15, so what's your point? When did driving cease to be a right? People use to drive without needing a license or registering their vehicles, it was right. It does not need to be enumerated in the Constitution for it to be right.
    Most people who try to make that case forget something very important.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The right to travel freely IS a right. The methods may have changed since horse and buggies, but the right remains, no matter how badly it's been infringed and taxed.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Right.
    Then the anti-gunners get a couple fellow anti-gunners on the panel that decide the training.
    And they decide you have to start performing marksmen miracles to pass, so that only 5 percent of the people can actually pass the test.

Or.
    A woman breaks up with her abusive boyfriend, applies for the gun "training", is told the class is full, but they can make an appointment "next month", and she is beaten to death while waiting.

I'm sure I can come up with other scenarios.

I had thought about scenarios that would make mandatory training work.
    My thought was it would be on the NRA/GOA/2AF/etc to define the training requirements..so theoretically a pro-gun group defines the training. Anything outside of that and you have your scenario.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    remind your anti brother in law there were thousands of people at the gun show this weekend, one AD/ND out of thousands of people.. (news is guessing 10 thousand for the whole weekend)
    One to many but it could have been so much worse

then show him the marches that took place in all the state capitals today.. haven't heard of any incidents there... guess there aren't as many "stupid Redneck" gun owners as he thinks :dunno:

There's no changing his mind. He just starts yelling and sounding like billy bad ass to shut people down. He gets his news from Jon Steward and Colbert...so he's smarter than me.

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just got the press release from ISP in my inbox:

Accidental Discharge at Gun and Knife Show Slightly Injures One

Indianapolis, IN- This afternoon at approximately 4:15 p.m., Indiana State Police responded to the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show being held at the South Pavilion of the State Fairgrounds to the report of an accidental shooting.

The investigation revealed that a patron of the event, Emory L. Cozee, 54, of Indianapolis, had walked out the east entrance of the South Pavilion building and was loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand.

Cozee was transported to Wishard Hospital for treatment.

The investigation determined the shooting to be accidental and no charges will be filed.

Media"s report will read > Disgruntled patron at Indy gun show was loading his Black AK 47 Assault rifle and shoots himself. You may recall this is the same weapon used by school shooters, movie theaters and malls across the country. No word yet what the gun mans intentions were or how much more ammo he had.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Media"s report will read > Disgruntled patron at Indy gun show was loading his Black AR 47 Assault rifle and shoots himself. You may recall this is the same weapon used by the school shooter at Newtown that killed 20 innocent children, movie theaters with a 300 round magazine and malls across the country. No word yet what the gun mans intentions were or how much more ammo he had. Immediate reports from a source that asked not to be identified due to not being authorized to talk about the incident was the individual bought the gun exploiting the gun show loophole

Fixed

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Forced???? Now I am not allowed to own a gun unless I take forced training to be determined later along with the cost/time to be announced later.

Since I mentioned the training in another reply (see below) I will add. No one that I know of suggested "training" required just to own a firearm. I personally think it would be a good idea for folks that want to carry one in public. That was all. I have also said before It's no different than the folks that go through required "Training" to get a Utah or Florida permit that some folks do just to carry in more states but then complain about the thought of Indiana having "training" As of now Indiana is not required but how long will it continue to not be required? Many more mishaps and it will be required.

So the few shootings during training the FBI HRT team has had training and firing hundreds of thousands of rounds a year per team member or some amature gun guy probably not being trained deserve to have horrible things happen to them because they shot theirselves?

Like I stated and will stand by while training won't stop 100% of the AD's/ND's they do drastically reduce them. My 2 examples are on both sides of the spectrum and while a lot of civillians want to point to an LEO's accident as proof training won't help I can say LEO's especially SWAT type training the members are light years ahead on training and weapons handling but due to the types os shooting/training they do the risks of AD's/ND's go up. Most neve get the privliedge to see or participate in that kind of intense training where you are shooting within close proximity to team members, from your back while repelling with a gas mask in a smoke obstructed room, through barriers you name it.

Do all groups have "that guy"? Yes but sometimes just because they made a bad error sometimes under a stressfull training scenerio sometimes walking in the parking lot or standing infront of a group.
    I wouldn't wish them the death penalty especially if they only hurt themselves!

Last edited:

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Accident

It may be a good idea for people that cause an accidental public firearm discharge to be required to take a class in order to keep or gain their concealed carry permit. maybe this could help keep stupid under control a little bit.

Top Bottom