• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Ignoring anything known about the man, WATCH HIS BODY LANGUAGE.

Where his eyes go when asked questions, the change in the rhythm of blinking, the really odd thing he does with tugging his left ring finger... This guy is a public figure, in front of the cameras all the time - this little moment should be a cake walk -but he is obviously uncomfortable with the subject and the conversation. The person interviewing him was from the morning crew and a desk anchor, those are usually the rainbows and butterflies folks - the afternoon crew does the "hard hitting" stuff trending toward investigative journalism (wondering if I should put that last thought in purple). Just from the outside looking in, everything was set up to make "facing the accusations" as easy as pie, and he was NOT comfortable on this topic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does the US arm&train any organizations with genocidal aims, that target civilians? Iran does: hizbullah for example

Of countries still in existence today, can you name me the two that are responsible for toppling the most democratically-elected governments?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The void in IN-7th has been here for a long time. Grandma, for many years missed most all votes and rode the position to the grave. We have been without effective representation and it will continue. But vote anyway because the other candidates and issues need to get votes that matter.

Pretty sure she was a zombie for at least the last ten years of her reign. Tough to show up for votes when you're a zombie and keep getting distracted by juicy brains.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Don't really care what he looks like when he's on TV as I don't watch. Don't really care 'bout gran either. A. Carson is a disgrace, slacker with the wrong friends and issues and needs to Resign Now. Maybe the heat that spins off of him will get other IN dems to suggest that, but as you see the Dems are content to Obstruct they have no issues and they don't fear riding a dead horse. November will be a telling time. Again, Carson back on ballot? have not seen one yet. Sen. Mexico Joe is. so Please vote and Make Indiana Great Again. LOL

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Of countries still in existence today, can you name me the two that are responsible for toppling the most democratically-elected governments?
    You're trying to duck my question. FWIW I gave the iranians a pass on trying to topple other governments by not mentioning their organizing insurgencies and assasinations from the ME to the western hemisphere, so lets call that issue a wash. Anyway, where is the equivalence between undermining other governments and supporting terrorist organizations with stated genocidal objectives?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're trying to duck my question. FWIW I gave the iranians a pass on trying to topple other governments by not mentioning their organizing insurgencies and assasinations from the ME to the western hemisphere, so lets call that issue a wash. Anyway, where is the equivalence between undermining other governments and supporting terrorist organizations with stated genocidal objectives?

Apologies. I'm actually not. I can not think of a group the United States actively equips and trains... but there is a LONG history of us doing so: Mujahideen (Taliban), the drug selling Contras, Noriega's Panama, Marcos's Philippines. As for the undermining of governments, there is a equivalence, at least so far in that often, to a man, members of deposed govts were eliminated. Ad if you're considering comparative body counts, there have been significantly more people killed due to such actions that from Iranian. So while in the purest sense there is a difference in situation, there is no difference, in the value of lost lives, as I'm confident you don't weigh the lost lives of innocents based on situation in which they were lost.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    seems thread went walkabout? CIA op's in third world vs Iran?

Need to listen to Tony Katz interview on CamandCompany to get back to what the OP had in mind.

or we can talk about how easy it is to convert, then join the nation of ????? not sure how to spell it.

Carson needs to do the right thing and resign today. prediction- ain't happenin

he has job fairs and pulls for employment with the city and contractors for such good kids, so I've heard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ignoring anything known about the man, WATCH HIS BODY LANGUAGE.

Where his eyes go when asked questions, the change in the rhythm of blinking, the really odd thing he does with tugging his left ring finger... This guy is a public figure, in front of the cameras all the time - this little moment should be a cake walk -but he is obviously uncomfortable with the subject and the conversation. The person interviewing him was from the morning crew and a desk anchor, those are usually the rainbows and butterflies folks - the afternoon crew does the "hard hitting" stuff trending toward investigative journalism (wondering if I should put that last thought in purple). Just from the outside looking in, everything was set up to make "facing the accusations" as easy as pie, and he was NOT comfortable on this topic.

This was all per-set or he would not have been there.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Does the US arm&train any organizations with genocidal aims, that target civilians? Iran does: hizbullah for example

You might want to look up the SAVAK. The Iranian secret police, trained by General Norman Schwarzkopf Sr as part of Operation Ajax.;)

Not really genocidal, but the murder and/or torture of who knows how many civilians isn't nothin.

That was a while back. It'd be nice to think nothing like that has happened since, or is currently happening.:dunno:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Apologies. I'm actually not. I can not think of a group the United States actively equips and trains... but there is a LONG history of us doing so: Mujahideen (Taliban), the drug selling Contras, Noriega's Panama, Marcos's Philippines. As for the undermining of governments, there is a equivalence, at least so far in that often, to a man, members of deposed govts were eliminated. Ad if you're considering comparative body counts, there have been significantly more people killed due to such actions that from Iranian. So while in the purest sense there is a difference in situation, there is no difference, in the value of lost lives, as I'm confident you don't weigh the lost lives of innocents based on situation in which they were lost.
    If I follow you, you're saying that toppling governments is the same as supporting terrorist groups that have genocidal agendas because in both cases innocent life is lost?

OK, hitler was elected and hundreds of thousands of innocent germans (we can nitpick about HOW innocent) lost their lives in the process of the allies overthrowing nazi germany. You'll agree that bombing the nazi's industrial base to ashes was not the same as the nazis committing industrial murder of millions of people because of their ethnicity&religion--regardless of the ratio of lives lost. I'm using this example to de-conflate intentions and body counts of innocents.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If I follow you, you're saying that toppling governments is the same as supporting terrorist groups that have genocidal agendas because in both cases innocent life is lost?

OK, hitler was elected and hundreds of thousands of innocent germans (we can nitpick about HOW innocent) lost their lives in the process of the allies overthrowing nazi germany. You'll agree that bombing the nazi's industrial base to ashes was not the same as the nazis committing industrial murder of millions of people because of their ethnicity&religion--regardless of the ratio of lives lost. I'm using this example to de-conflate intentions and body counts of innocents.

The Communists in Russia and China came to power by toppling governments. Are the situations in which those lives were lost any less tragic than the lives lost though genocidal campaigns? When talking about millions of lives being lost, I'm not one to say "Well, at least they died this way, rather than that way."

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Tony was all about Carson on his show today.
    Yup. Mr. Katz didn't take A Carson accusing him of hate speech lightly. Tony Katz is bringing some national attention to this. Not that it will do any good. I did like when he said (paraphrasing) "I understand a Republican probably won't be elected in his district but at least pick a different Democrat". Don't think Katz will let this go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup. Mr. Katz didn't take A Carson accusing him of hate speech lightly. Tony Katz is bringing some national attention to this. Not that it will do any good. I did like when he said (paraphrasing) "I understand a Republican probably won't be elected in his district but at least pick a different Democrat". Don't think Katz will let this go.

I hope he does not. Carson has owned a somewhat protected status for some time as did Gramma. That dynasty needs to end.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Andre' Carson is a worthless piece of ****.

Any association he may or may not have with another worthless piece of **** such as Farrakhan does nothing to change that either way.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I always enjoy the hypocrisy of Andre' Carson, and others of its ilk, who claim all the world is racism while he himself is a member of an organization that excludes others based race; the congressional black caucus.... the very definition of racism.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One might guess that Carson could be intimidated by Nation of Islam:

Nation of Islam lashes out at 3 black members of Congress, calling them sellouts for denouncing Farrakhan | Fox News

...We are writing this open letter to express our deep disappointment with your published denouncement of [Louis Farrakhan]at the behest of the Republican Jewish Coalition, the anti-Defamation League and others who represent white supremacy and the continuing effort to destroy our community.

- Nation of Islam, open letter to three members of Black Congressional Caucus...

Top Bottom