Too hot to fail? Tomi Lahren's fall from grace.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You two above are a perfect example of what I was talking about...I like and admire you both...Woobie believes, like I do, that life begins at conception...But TLex is also correct in saying being pro choice does not mean he thinks it's okay "babies should be killed"......

You are both good men with lot's of smarts and excellent posts......I hate to see a conversation from folks I know I could hang all day with (and I literally do on slow days in the shop) go down in flames...

Now you both probably hate me for butting in with my churchmouse impersonation.....:)

I respect Lex too much to get uncivil with him. You are too kind, though.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks guys. Part of my reason for dropping this discussion is out of respect for those present, such as yourselves, jamil (NHRN), Hough and Mark. This medium is less than ideal for presenting emotional content.

Would rather not even discuss it than discuss it poorly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think I need to post links. There are any number of articles from most political commenters on the topic. But in case you didn't know, Tomi Lawren went on The View, and disgraced herself to Glen Beck by daring to say she's pro-choice. So Beck suspends her from The Blaze, and there's talk that she's going to be let out of her contract early, which currently extends to September.

Does a credible news site suspend people who don't toe the ideological line?

I am of the understanding that she flip-flopped on her position and the thinking is she wasn't being intellectually honest, trying to garner support from that show (and the people running it). From what I've read, a few months ago she had made statements that indicated she was quite anti-abortion and then, out of the blue, she's a constitutional and it's ok. I think she was suspended for lack of consistency than for agreeing (or not) with Beck.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Thanks guys. Part of my reason for dropping this discussion is out of respect for those present, such as yourselves, jamil (NHRN), Hough and Mark. This medium is less than ideal for presenting emotional content.

Would rather not even discuss it than discuss it poorly.

You're right. *kicks rocks*

You know I've never shied away from a good derail.

So, Tomi is the intellectual lightweight we all expected her to be? She is the conservative media equivalent of an NFL sideline reporter? She's all form and no substance? I'm shocked.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You're right. *kicks rocks*

You know I've never shied away from a good derail.

So, Tomi is the intellectual lightweight we all expected her to be? She is the conservative media equivalent of an NFL sideline reporter? She's all form and no substance? I'm shocked.

She's loud and angry sounding a lot of the time too.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Right - so she was actually fired for not having a fully developed, consistent opinion on the topic.

Looks like she's ready to run for president. :D

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The government has always been involved when lives are taken, and as early as possible. Prevention through the intervention of law enforcement officers, or punishment through the justice system. I see no reason to modify this based upon the victim's age.

So, every time a woman has a miscarriage, should it be reported to the police, so they can conduct a homicide investigation, to determine if it was indeed an accidental/medical issue related death, or murder? What about every time a woman has her period, just in case it really was a miscarriage in the very early phase and not just a normal menstrual cycle?

The are certain biological realities that make your line of reasoning impossible to actually facilitate (and quite ridiculous).

Personally, in the end, I don't happen to believe abortion is murder and I happen to come from a religious background that traditionally, has not contradicted that. That being said, I do understand how people can come to that belief, in good faith, from their own conscience and religious background.

But, just because I do understand that, doesn't mean I can support using the force of government to impose that religious belief on other people, particularly as that action has extremely severe consequences for the people affected. I think it is a perfectly consistent conservative or libertarian position to not support government involvement (State or Federal) in someone's personal choices over their own body.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I heard we were.....

latest

CANCELLED?!

dang it.......

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, son of a gun, in the time that I took to write that post (and getting interrupted in the middle of that for a work issue), you guys went and ended the discussion by agreeing to disagree.

Now I look like a jerk. Oh well, I'm used to that by now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ya'll are splitting hairs and splicing comma's and ignoring the real issue. Either babies are killed or they are not killed. She thinks they should be killed and so I now have about as much use and respect for her as I do Hillary.

You're splitting that into your dichotomy and assuming that's the only one.

The other side forces a different dichotomy on everyone. Either it's choice or it isn't.

There really isn't a dichotomy here. You can ask a binary question like is it or is it not murder, and for most people, they'll say that it depends. That's not binary.

But anyway, I don't want to make this thread about abortion. It is about Tomi Lawren, as a member of the media, getting suspended for having a viewpoint different from her employer. I'm no Tomi fan, but getting suspended for that makes me think even less of Glen Beck than I did yesterday when I was completely oblivious to all of this.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So, every time a woman has a miscarriage, should it be reported to the police, so they can conduct a homicide investigation, to determine if it was indeed an accidental/medical issue related death, or murder? What about every time a woman has her period, just in case it really was a miscarriage in the very early phase and not just a normal menstrual cycle?

The are certain biological realities that make your line of reasoning impossible to actually facilitate (and quite ridiculous).

Personally, in the end, I don't happen to believe abortion is murder and I happen to come from a religious background that traditionally, has not contradicted that. That being said, I do understand how people can come to that belief, in good faith, from their own conscience and religious background.

But, just because I do understand that, doesn't mean I can support using the force of government to impose that religious belief on other people, particularly as that action has extremely severe consequences for the people affected. I think it is a perfectly consistent conservative or libertarian position to not support government involvement (State or Federal) in someone's personal choices over their own body.

We already determined this wasn't the place for this discussion.

I would be glad to refute everything you just said elsewhere.

Edit: I saw your follow on post. Now I'm the jerk for pointing out what you hadn't yet seen.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You're splitting that into your dichotomy and assuming that's the only one.

The other side forces a different dichotomy on everyone. Either it's choice or it isn't.

There really isn't a dichotomy here. You can ask a binary question like is it or is it not murder, and for most people, they'll say that it depends. That's not binary.

But anyway, I don't want to make this thread about abortion. It is about Tomi Lawren, as a member of the media, getting suspended for having a viewpoint different from her employer. I'm no Tomi fan, but getting suspended for that makes me think even less of Glen Beck than I did yesterday when I was completely oblivious to all of this.

Glen probably was looking for a reason to fire her. She didn't bring anything of substance to his network. He shouldn't have hired her, but got a case of Rupert Murdock during the interview.

Top Bottom