• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Yes, they ask me those questions here in Indianapolis at the VA too, funny, I have a prosthetics apt today at 13:30, they wont ask crap there other than "How do your shoe inserts feel",

Perhaps that's the reason for your appointment.... :dunno:

but on occasion if I go to one of the clinics about once a year they ask those same questions, and "do you smoke"? "Do you drink"?

If you've picked up a habit that may be detrimental to your health, they just might be interested in knowing that. :rolleyes:

"What level is your pain today"?

The VA is mandated to treat your pain

http://www.va.gov/PAINMANAGEMENT/docs/VHA09PainDirective.pdf

If you would rather they did nothing to relieve your pain, just inform them. They will comply.

The VA "IS" the USA's # 1 drug dealer, albiet "legally", I have seen parking lot deals as Vet A, gives his med to Vet B or (name your own addict), for a fee of course.

If you did not report what you saw, and knew it to be illegal, the you're no better than the traders/sellers are.

But getting back to the OP, I know Vets who have a PTSD rating, who get NCIS "DELAYED" back repeatedly with no criminal history, because even though non adjudicated the VA has sent their name and ssn# to a **** list somewheres.

Can you prove that? I seriously doubt it, since I worked in medical records for the Marion VA Hospital for a number of years, and I know that premise to be illegal in the absence of a court order, or other adjudication. I NEVER saw or heard of it being done. You likely know Veterans who have TOLD you there is no other reason for them to be delayed...and that's the WHOLE truth, right? :popcorn: ... and getting back to the OP... and responses to it.... it's a bogus theory. Get it?

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...est-permit.htm

Any Vet out there with a PTSD rating who never gets delayed when you buy a firearm?

Yes. I have been diagnosed with, and have been service-connected for PTSD since the early 1980's. I've bought 8 handguns this year, and multiple firearms in years past and I've NEVER been delayed, or denied.

Next ? :patriot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom