• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    had a taurus, shot a glock. now it is only glock as far as semi's go. i do have revolvers and they are my preference for the money. my s/w or colts are also very much loved as well..

Just4Fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Carmel
    I have a PT100 and have had zero problems with it no matter what type of ammo I use. I am now saving up for a PT1911 9mm.

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Since this thread remains active thus far, I will tell you all that I have finally figured out that one mag of the pair that came with the gun is "off spec" in some way undetectable to the eye. I have yet to send it back to Taurus for a new one but that is my intention. I will post a picture soon of the gun after I finish modifying it to my liking with new sights and grip. Joshua

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    I have a Taurus TCP 380. One mag would not chamber the first round but the other worked great. I sent the bad mag back and recieved a replacement in two weeks. The pistol handles every type of ammo I put through it. I'm thinking of looking for a 709 slim.

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Yeah I dont forsee having any issues getting a new mag from Taurus, just dragging my feet. I will take care of it this weekend. I hear the 709 slim is a fantastic gun. I think the moral of this thread is that not every design a company produces is necessarily going to be a winner. Atleast Taurus is more than willing to fix the problems, and as long as they continue to produce a certain model they can iron out the creases. Joshua

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    My EDC is the 709 slim, SS.

I really like the grip and the single stack is great for CC.

taurusslimss.jpg

I DID just purchase the Polymer Public Defender and REALLY like it :rockwoot::rockwoot:

polymerjudge.jpg

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I've owned several models from Taurus as well as others here and still have a couple. Not really any problems. Few of em didn't like certain types of ammo but I didn't care that much, just bot what they liked. I do love my Smith M&P tho, not much any of the others can do to compare to it my humble opinion.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've owned a 738TCP .380 for about a month now. I've put 200 rounds through it and I have to say I am really impressed. Very nice groups and manageable recoil. I got a great price on it, came with 2-6 rd. mags, lifetime warranty, and a free 1-year membership to the NRA (which includes magazine subscription). All around very pleased with Taurus thus far.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had great luck with a PT 945. It was my first gun in 45 cal, and I loved the grips--rosewood. I shot 3-4 thousand through it, and never had any problems until the recoil spring finally gave up the ghost. Replaced the spring, sold it to a close friend...and he absolutely loves it. I guess with some of their guns, they hit perfection...and others seem to be real lemons after reading through these posts. I will have to say though, that I've never had a bad gun from them, and I'm looking for my 5th Taurus--probably a Judge. :rockwoot:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I first snubby was a Taurus copy of a Smith; 5 shot, steel frame. It was my backup gun when I work security;carried it in an ankle holster. My only complaint was the very stiff trigger. This did loosen up a bit after several hundred rounds. Several years ago when I first felt the Smith 642 Airweights trigger, I fell in love!:rockwoot: That, the fact that it shot +p's and was light as a feather sold it. :cool:

nightjunio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have the PT 845 and i do like it, i am going to trade it off for a new rifle, but not becasue of the gun itself, but becasue i need a shotgun for hunting and my budget is kinda tight right now

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom