• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much is too much for a range membershp per month?

• Total voters

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    I will tell you this... if the only choice was DONS FIREARMS or TOP GUNS... I would choose DONS! I have never been so insulted dealing with any gun dealer... I will go out of my way to steer anyone from Top Guns... IF TG is $10 cheaper than anywhere let me know and I will do you the favor and pay the $10!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I will tell you this... if the only choice was DONS FIREARMS or TOP GUNS... I would choose DONS! I have never been so insulted dealing with any gun dealer... I will go out of my way to steer anyone from Top Guns... IF TG is $10 cheaper than anywhere let me know and I will do you the favor and pay the $10!

:dunno:

You must have gotten a bad salesman on a bad day. They have been super nice and helpful to me every time I've popped in there. I even got a personal private tour of all the shooting bays & their special Halloween shoot house.

They came down a bit on a Uberti long gun but didn't price match Carson's. BUT, Carson's didn't have the same exact model. The TG gun was a higher optioned up model. Considering how hard it is to even find Uberti in stock anywhere it was a fair deal.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    :dunno:

You must have gotten a bad salesman on a bad day. They have been super nice and helpful to me every time I've popped in there. I even got a personal private tour of all the shooting bays & their special Halloween shoot house.

They came down a bit on a Uberti long gun but didn't price match Carson's. BUT, Carson's didn't have the same exact model. The TG gun was a higher optioned up model. Considering how hard it is to even find Uberti in stock anywhere it was a fair deal.

Yeah, it was the owner I was dealing with.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I was there Saturday (2/15/20) and used the range for the first time. (I have memberships at Riley CC and in Edgar County, Illinois.)
    Not a range member at Top Guns, so I went at 10 a.m. sharp (opening time) in hopes of getting a lane, since that place gets a huge amount of traffic on Saturdays.
    Watched the mandatory safety video for first-time range customers (took about 10 minutes), signed the mandatory waiver and got a lane immediately. Still $20 an hour.
    Worked out a couple of pocket pistols. Got my full hour in and was on my way to lunch by 11:20.
    Clean, modern range, excellent lighting and ventilation. Staff was very nice.
    Have never bought a gun there, but I live nearby and stop in fairly often for this, that and whatnot. Prices seem generally OK.
    Adam, the young gunsmith, is very nice. Did a small job for me the other day. Beretta sent him the part at no charge, and he only charged me $10 for 'smith time.
    Also a nice shop in Terre Haute, IMO, is Wabash Valley Armory on Seventh Street. IME, nice fellas and quite reasonable gun prices. Have bought a couple there. No complaints.

Top Bottom