Top Shot - Jake is an arse..., but he's right.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dustin is one cool cat under pressure. He impressed the heck out of me.

I'm surprised that Mike couldn't hit with the shotun. He folded like a cheap suit under pressure.

When Dustin chose the .22, the golf ball, and 100yds in the bar challenge and nailed it I knew right then that he would win in the final.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Dustin is one cool cat under pressure. He impressed the heck out of me.

I'm surprised that Mike couldn't hit with the shotun. He folded like a cheap suit under pressure.

When Dustin chose the .22, the golf ball, and 100yds in the bar challenge and nailed it I knew right then that he would win in the final.

That was a heck of a shoot, right off the bat with no practice.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    That was a heck of a shoot, right off the bat with no practice.

Who sites the rifle in? 100 yards is a long way with a .22. Seems like the sighting would need to be adjusted per distance on that run since you pick your own distance.

Anyway now that it's posted, I'm glad Dustin won, he seems like a real nice guy and a heck of a sportsman and great shot.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I wondered about the sighting in. It's not like the .22 has a flat trajectory. What is the drop at 100 yards anyway? Let's say it's the Federal Value Pack .22 out of an 18.5" or 20" barrel similar to the Volquartsen used on the show. Nice rifle, by the way. It should be able to hit a golf ball at 100 yards for $1500 ... if the shooter knows what he's doing.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    From his G&A Interview. Quote of the day (ref the final shootout) ....

"Yeah, we had go back and reshoot parts the next day because I left the cameras behind." ~ Dustin Ellerman

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Dustin did school Mike pretty well. I'm sorta glad it was decisive like that.

I thought the single handed AK-47 shot was pretty cool

I've thought about something on this show for a while. Why do the contestants always carry their (seemingly) full backpacks to each event? They don't seem to need anything in those packs. Just curious...

Haha! I was wondering the same thing. Those backpacks seem to be a big deal.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Why do the contestants always carry their (seemingly) full backpacks to each event? They don't seem to need anything in those packs. Just curious...
    Haha! I was wondering the same thing. Those backpacks seem to be a big deal.

I asked Caleb that once. He said you just never knew what the weather was going to be or how long you'd be out there. They carried jackets, hats, eyes/ears, water/snacks and whatever else they thought they'd need for the day.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I asked Caleb that once. He said you just never knew what the weather was going to be or how long you'd be out there. They carried jackets, hats, eyes/ears, water/snacks and whatever else they thought they'd need for the day.

That makes sense!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    If you check Hulu/DVR, I'm sure there's a marker with "200" on it that's clearly visible in the distance. It looks pretty far out there. Now, the question is ... is that yards or feet?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If you check Hulu/DVR, I'm sure there's a marker with "200" on it that's clearly visible in the distance. It looks pretty far out there. Now, the question is ... is that yards or feet?
    Dude, they actually say the word "YARDS"...like, lots of times! :n00b:
    And Dustin even says "long range"...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Dude, they actually say the word "YARDS"...like, lots of times! :n00b:
    And Dustin even says "long range"...

I know the golf ball shot was 100 yards.

I was referencing Boileralum's post that said that 100 yards was the longest distance they could call. I saw the "200" marker and was wondering if that was 200 yards or 200 feet.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I know the golf ball shot was 100 yards.

I was referencing Boileralum's post that said that 100 yards was the longest distance they could call. I saw the "200" marker and was wondering if that was 200 yards or 200 feet.

Maybe you should use the
    quote.gif
    when specifically addressing a comment. :dunno:

Top Bottom